General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (38 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My mate who I went to one of these retro gaming market events with paid £80 for a region free modded saturn. He got it from these guys at the stall but here's their FB page - https://www.facebook.com/RetroModzzUK/

I don't know what they are like on delivery and stuff, but worth asking I guess?

the modded saturn they do now also has a disc drive, psu and ram mod, but they're quite pricey.

I wouldn't be looking for one with a disc drive. It would need to be modded so that I can use an SD Card to download the Saturn Games. I know the Nvidia Shield can do it, but I'm not too sure on the quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I wouldn't be looking for one with a disc drive. It would need to be modded so that I can use an SD Card to download the Saturn Games. I know the Nvidia Shield can do it, but I'm not too sure on the quality.
TBH there are plenty of consoles that can emulate some of the older consoles, especially sega ones and to a better degree than say N64 which I've yet to find a decent non PC emulator that runs consistent with most if not all their games

If I'm not mistaken my modded Wii can play downloaded sega console games, Saturn included i think but that works off games downloaded on an external drive with the homebrew stuff saved on an SD card

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
TBH there are plenty of consoles that can emulate some of the older consoles, especially sega ones and to a better degree than say N64 which I've yet to find a decent non PC emulator that runs consistent with most if not all their games

If I'm not mistaken my modded Wii can play downloaded sega console games, Saturn included i think but that works off games downloaded on an external drive with the homebrew stuff saved on an SD card

Just to give you an idea, this is the exact one that I purchased 2 months ago, complete with my comments :lol:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/786392...jFOutS-7lv2bPn-KtgdbJQcF3k3C7fohoCHfoQAvD_BwE

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nice, I had thought about getting a modded DC in the past, I wanted one with HDMI output, but since it still looks decent on VGA I thought id save money just keeping it original

I'm using a Pound Dreamcast HDMI adapter, with an MCable HDMI cord. It gives off a really good picture

- - - Updated - - -

Dreamcast is far and away my favorite console of all time.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
This damn virus made me go back to a game I thought I’d never play again, Assassin’s Creed Unity. And I’m glad I did! After just finishing Odyssey - which was another game for some reason I never finished when I first played it - I wanted to see how Unity felt in 2020 and man, not disappointing. It really still captures the magic from old AC games and does a lot of it better. The missions, the improved free parkour, the ac “vibe”. Graphics are the best even when compared to newer games in the series.

Origins/Odyssey shows how the series now rely on quantity instead of quality. Huge boring worlds with thousand things to do but nothing has “weight”, everything feels generic and arcade-y.

Regarding Unity, I’d recommend anyone who skipped it when it was a bug fest to try it again.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Been playing Outer Worlds. Logged about 12 hours so far and its been disappointing.

Not as interesting as Fallout or KOTOR plotwise or character wise. low variety of cool weapons, traits and the overall gimic of overly corporatized galaxy was funny for about 20 minutes.

Don't understand why this game is so highly rated.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Been playing Outer Worlds. Logged about 12 hours so far and its been disappointing.

Not as interesting as Fallout or KOTOR plotwise or character wise. low variety of cool weapons, traits and the overall gimic of overly corporatized galaxy was funny for about 20 minutes.

Don't understand why this game is so highly rated.
I really enjoyed it even if it was a bit short

I'm playing AC odyssey and loving it

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I really enjoyed it even if it was a bit short

I'm playing AC odyssey and loving it
meh I think maybe I wanted to play something more similar to Fallout. I should just play Fallout 4 or New Vegas again.

how is the gameplay in that? I played the original Assassin's Creed but i felt it was too repetitive and not enough choice on what i wanted to do.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
meh I think maybe I wanted to play something more similar to Fallout. I should just play Fallout 4 or New Vegas again.

how is the gameplay in that? I played the original Assassin's Creed but i felt it was too repetitive and not enough choice on what i wanted to do.
More RPG elements, there's quite a lot to do which can get repetitive but I like it. Also some answers to other npcs can change the end outcome from what I understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)