General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (63 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I actually heard how third one is horrible lol.
It isn't at all. At least not with the new ending they added in later. Kids are just too fucking spoiled when it comes to games nowadays. It's like everything has to be a masterpiece, especially if it's part of a well known series.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an ok game. Not near as good as the previous three, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm about 10 hours in and so far I like it as much as the first and the third one. Lots to do, some boring, some interesting. The story so far is intriguing, exploring can be rewarding at times... The animations even after several patches aren't the greatest thing on the planet but it doesn't really bother me much. Combat is great. And it's options galore when building your character, and it's nice how you can have favorite setups and change them at will...

Like I said, so far I think it's overall a pretty good game.

Jul 10, 2006
It isn't at all. At least not with the new ending they added in later. Kids are just too fucking spoiled when it comes to games nowadays. It's like everything has to be a masterpiece, especially if it's part of a well known series.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm about 10 hours in and so far I like it as much as the first and the third one. Lots to do, some boring, some interesting. The story so far is intriguing, exploring can be rewarding at times... The animations even after several patches aren't the greatest thing on the planet but it doesn't really bother me much. Combat is great. And it's options galore when building your character, and it's nice how you can have favorite setups and change them at will...

I think most of the problems of the game suffer from there being too much to do. This is partly the fault of the fanbase who had been clamoring for a more 'open world' (galaxy?) experience in the ME universe. I am guilty of that as well. Also the lack of new alien races was disappointing. They only added two and neither of them are all that interesting.

I think they would have been better suited doing a game about the lore of the ME universe. Like the first contact war between the Humans and the Turians or the Raccnai Wars. There were a lot of things they could have done.

All that being said, it's still a decent game for all it's many flaws. I've put a lot of time into it and still have a lot to do.

Also love the MP. The MP of ME3 was a lot of fun and they stayed rather faithful to that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I actually heard how third one is horrible lol.
The mass effect trilogy is the greatest gaming trilogy in existance.

The third one's ending was under criticism cause people expected individual decisions to matter more.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You didnt add mass effect 2 cause its the single greatest sci fi rpg in existance ?

I agree. Levels above 1 and 3

- - - Updated - - -

OMG no! The ending was somewhat lame, but it was a great ride getting there. It's biggest problem was that it wasn't as good as ME2, which is, imo, a masterpiece of gaming.

ME2 is the single greatest sci fi RPG in history :agree:

Currently playing it again for the god knows how many'd time. It is sooooo good

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
OMG no! The ending was somewhat lame, but it was a great ride getting there. It's biggest problem was that it wasn't as good as ME2, which is, imo, a masterpiece of gaming.

The third one's ending was under criticism cause people expected individual decisions to matter more.

- - - Updated - - -

You didnt add mass effect 2 cause its the single greatest sci fi rpg in existance ?

- - - Updated - - -

I see. Thanks!

Btw, I finished playing ME1 for the first time a couple of months ago. And I gotta say I really enjoyed it, it was a very good game. Then I went on and installed ME2. Even after a couple of minutes I was surprised how different/better it was. When I entered combat I had an instant erection because it was a part that I hated in the first part. Characters, wow... story and literally everything. It's seriously one of the best games that I have ever played. Then, for some unknown reason, I stopped playing. I literally have a couple of missions left to finish off the game as I've done majority of secondary quests. I might as well finish it these days. But as for the quality: :delpiero:

I think I remember seeing Sergio in this thread saying how he played only part 1 and never tried 2. I didn't say a word because at the time I was playing part 1 myself and wasn't involved with the 2nd. But man @King of Kings you HAVE to give it a go! You're not gonna regret it. The storyline and character development is absolutely beautiful. That's coming from me who finds games hardly impressive.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
ME1 was probably the best written game of the series. ME3 probably had the best combat and graphics, ME2 had the best locations, the best overall cast and the best missions.

What I hated about ME1 was combat -- which is exactly what I liked in part 2. Oh yeah, good thing you mention it, ME2 has brilliant missions :D it was such an enjoyable ride. :tup:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's the best of the series, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most of the problems of the game suffer from there being too much to do. This is partly the fault of the fanbase who had been clamoring for a more 'open world' (galaxy?) experience in the ME universe. I am guilty of that as well. Also the lack of new alien races was disappointing. They only added two and neither of them are all that interesting.

I think they would have been better suited doing a game about the lore of the ME universe. Like the first contact war between the Humans and the Turians or the Raccnai Wars. There were a lot of things they could have done.

All that being said, it's still a decent game for all it's many flaws. I've put a lot of time into it and still have a lot to do.

Also love the MP. The MP of ME3 was a lot of fun and they stayed rather faithful to that.

Agreed, people wanted a lot to do, they got it. But they have to b understand not every RPG will be up to The Witcher's standard regarding side missions.

Btw the one thing I like about Andromeda is how it's lore is abundant. You could easily spend 10, 20 hours just learning about what is what and who is who.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I see. Thanks!

Btw, I finished playing ME1 for the first time a couple of months ago. And I gotta say I really enjoyed it, it was a very good game. Then I went on and installed ME2. Even after a couple of minutes I was surprised how different/better it was. When I entered combat I had an instant erection because it was a part that I hated in the first part. Characters, wow... story and literally everything. It's seriously one of the best games that I have ever played. Then, for some unknown reason, I stopped playing. I literally have a couple of missions left to finish off the game as I've done majority of secondary quests. I might as well finish it these days. But as for the quality: :delpiero:

I think I remember seeing Sergio in this thread saying how he played only part 1 and never tried 2. I didn't say a word because at the time I was playing part 1 myself and wasn't involved with the 2nd. But man @King of Kings you HAVE to give it a go! You're not gonna regret it. The storyline and character development is absolutely beautiful. That's coming from me who finds games hardly impressive.
I really have no interest my friend. At this point, I'm waiting for the E3 conference this weekend and Monday to see what the big 3 have to offer, and to see how much the Scorpio is going to cost so that I can go to Best Buy an throw money at them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
OT, but I hate when they just throw 1000's of meaningless side missions into games. They are most likely always the same and just there to stretch the playtime even more. It's a disease of open world gaming.

Jul 10, 2006
What are the main critics of ME4 ?

i'm halfway ME2, going for a full replay through 3. Might add 4 aswell

Also, payday2 is free on steam today
The facial animations were a big deal when first released. They cleaned those up a bit. There are a lot of side quests but a lot of them are 'meh' and they get to be tedious. The story isn't nearly as tight and focused as any of the previous three games. Also the main character isn't as interesting as Sheppard. Those are few that come to mind.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The facial animations were a big deal when first released. They cleaned those up a bit. There are a lot of side quests but a lot of them are 'meh' and they get to be tedious. The story isn't nearly as tight and focused as any of the previous three games. Also the main character isn't as interesting as Sheppard. Those are few that come to mind.

Renegade sheppard is awesome.There is no shame on beeing not as interesting :D

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So e3

Battlefront should be good now that it has a campaign
Fuck fifa for shilling this Alex Hunter bullshit, if I wanted to suck cock in the prem as an English Martial id just do a career mode as rashford. I want to live my failed dreams as a footballer, why cant I just make a talented me and have a lot of detail in regards to transfers, getting scouted etc etc

Anthem is interesting, I want red dead

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm waiting for tomorrow for Microsoft's Project Scorpio reveal to see if they announce a price, and Monday is the Playstation conference.

Can't wait for both of them. My wallet is ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)