General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (32 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It's a matter of time far more than a matter of interest. I just don't have the time. COme on. You were a dad to a 3 month old once. You know how I feel
Yeah, can't get your priorities wrong. It really takes a lot of work to take care of a newborn baby. But they grow too fast so enjoy while you can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
@King of Kings @Salvo

- - - Updated - - -

It's all a matter of what you expect from this game. It's basically a walking simulator that you can travel from planet to planet exploring wild life and other stuff. If that's your kind of thing from the gameplay videos I've seen, you'll love it. I know I did. If not, then don't even waste your money... I heard they'll be adding building bases and owing your own freighter in the next patch. So you can expect lots of new additions in the future.
This is what is shit about the industry compared to the good old days. You release a full game not that half feature stuff with more stuff added later. Release a game, release bug fixes and work on expansion. That way at least when you pay for the game you get a full game not a work in progress.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
This is what is shit about the industry compared to the good old days. You release a full game not that half feature stuff with more stuff added later. Release a game, release bug fixes and work on expansion. That way at least when you pay for the game you get a full game not a work in progress.
I agree. Although I think in this case at first they had an idea, making an infinite universe you can explore and adding things to it and that's it. From what I followed they didn't know much else. It's not like it's incomplete it's simply new ideas that weren't thought before in that deadline. You gotta remember they're just a group of 10 developers and what they're doing is revolutionary in the world of games.

There's no "limit" to what can be added to a game with an infinite "world map", any idea can be thrown in. So I expect dozens of game changing patches once they start getting feedback from the fan base.

And btw, my first though after playing 3 hours is that it's everything I expected, nothing more, nothing less. It's a survival, exploration Minecraft-like game. So far I'm having an enjoyable experience.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I agree. Although I think in this case at first they had an idea, making an infinite universe you can explore and adding things to it and that's it. From what I followed they didn't know much else. It's not like it's incomplete it's simply new ideas that weren't thought before in that deadline. You gotta remember they're just a group of 10 developers and what they're doing is revolutionary in the world of games.

There's no "limit" to what can be added to a game with an infinite "world map", any idea can be thrown in. So I expect dozens of game changing patches once they start getting feedback from the fan base.

And btw, my first though after playing 3 hours is that it's everything I expected, nothing more, nothing less. It's a survival, exploration Minecraft-like game. So far I'm having an enjoyable experience.
Very ambitious, would be fun if it were implemented and not die down some time down the road as the next BIG if.

Anyway, hows the multiplayer aspect? I'm really skeptical of buying this game. Though I have a projector at home a big ass home cinema screen that would be really awesome for such game... Is it fast paced? or you can just casually explore?

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Very ambitious, would be fun if it were implemented and not die down some time down the road as the next BIG if.

Anyway, hows the multiplayer aspect? I'm really skeptical of buying this game. Though I have a projector at home a big ass home cinema screen that would be really awesome for such game... Is it fast paced? or you can just casually explore?
They will I expect. That's what I like about those small teams of developers, like The Witcher's. They're not EA, they actually listen and do what the fans want so I've no doubt therell be some good surprises down the road.

Well, even though you're online it's not really a multiplayer game. The chance of you ever finding another player is too small to even mention. You really don't know vast it is until you see a planet from outer space, it's crazy. It can be fast paced I guess but you have to keep mining resources and selling at trading posts in order to upgrade your tools and buy new ships to get you further into the path to the center of the galaxy.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
They will I expect. That's what I like about those small teams of developers, like The Witcher's. They're not EA, they actually listen and do what the fans want so I've no doubt therell be some good surprises down the road.

Well, even though you're online it's not really a multiplayer game. The chance of you ever finding another player is too small to even mention. You really don't know vast it is until you see a planet from outer space, it's crazy. It can be fast paced I guess but you have to keep mining resources and selling at trading posts in order to upgrade your tools and buy new ships to get you further into the path to the center of the galaxy.
Well pirating it then, hopefully it's a good game, if so then buy for those updates :)

Witcher is a bit bigger team then just 10 no? I thought it was quite big company, not EA but still not 10 developers.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Well pirating it then, hopefully it's a good game, if so then buy for those updates :)

Witcher is a bit bigger team then just 10 no? I thought it was quite big company, not EA but still not 10 developers.
It is if minecraft in space is your thing, if not it might get you bored. The older I get the more I seem to enjoy these kind of chill walking simulatorish games.

It is bigger but it's still small compared to the big companies like EA and Rockstar. They care about their customers is what I meant.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm on the fence about this game, fellas. I might just wait until the PSVR comes out, and see if they anything to the game for that.

Dogfights for this game in VR would be sick. Literally and Figuratively

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
@CrimsonianKing

i watched some streams yesterday and i gotta say No Man's sky looks really really Meh.

can't live up to the hype, just like Destiny.
Apart from the inventory menu, which looks very similar, its nothing like Destiny.

If somebody asks me if it's worth buying I tell them to look at the metacritic reviews, how ithe ratings arr either 9 and 10 or 0 or 3. It shows its not a game for everybody and the people who love it does it in a huge way, while the ones who don't find it the most boring thing ever. There's no in between. I'm number one as a space enthusiastic this is the game I've always wanted since I was a kid.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Haven't found any major bug tbh, and minors either for that matter. But I kept getting kicked out of the game. It crashed 3 times in a row when I first tried to warp to another system. It Hasn't happened anymore. I'm pretty happy so far
I'm on the fence about this game, fellas. I might just wait until the PSVR comes out, and see if they anything to the game for that.

Dogfights for this game in VR would be sick. Literally and Figuratively
@CrimsonianKing

i watched some streams yesterday and i gotta say No Man's sky looks really really Meh.

can't live up to the hype, just like Destiny.
Apart from the inventory menu, which looks very similar, its nothing like Destiny.

If somebody asks me if it's worth buying I tell them to look at the metacritic reviews, how ithe ratings arr either 9 and 10 or 0 or 3. It shows its not a game for everybody and the people who love it does it in a huge way, while the ones who don't find it the most boring thing ever. There's no in between. I'm number one as a space enthusiastic this is the game I've always wanted since I was a kid.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)