General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (22 Viewers)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Imho flying the vertibird and having that jetpack power armor is not fallout like . You lose the feeling of desolation and exploration if I can simply hover through the wasteland like an overlord or something , althrough I am very aware that those may come late in game . The building your own settlements was nice , but I want it to have meaning , not just some traders , I want it to have meaning in the overall story or have a questline on it's own . I want it to be more involved with the world that surrounds it , not just a side option . Still feel the color palette is too bright in general .

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome :tup:

This is the only game that im looking forward to.

Whats the official release date?
iirc november 10 2015

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that got me wondering is, with all the new additions, generators and whatnot, how come you can't have a car?
I think the car worked in fallout 2 , but would not work so great in the new ones (after 3) . Same reason I think why the vertibird controlling shouldn't be there , althrough if one can control a vertibird makes no sense of not having a car . Not said they don't have a car though , they may very well hold that out until later to build more buzz .

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Awesome :tup:

This is the only game that im looking forward to.

Whats the official release date?
nov 10

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that got me wondering is, with all the new additions, generators and whatnot, how come you can't have a car?
because it's too far removed, and you would lose a lot of detail and small things. if I want open world car game I could play GTA or RAGE or something, it doesn't suit fallout imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Imho flying the vertibird and having that jetpack power armor is not fallout like . You lose the feeling of desolation and exploration if I can simply hover through the wasteland like an overlord or something , althrough I am very aware that those may come late in game . The building your own settlements was nice , but I want it to have meaning , not just some traders , I want it to have meaning in the overall story or have a questline on it's own . I want it to be more involved with the world that surrounds it , not just a side option . Still feel the color palette is too bright in general .
Did you see the jet pack clip? you can get like a few seconds of flight at a time at most, it's powered by AP. I think vertibird is mostly just to replace fast travel which is a good thing imo. it's not like you can control it either. you just tell it where to go and you can tell it to land somewhere mid way if you want. the whole settlement thing doesn't really interest me as the other stuff but it's still great, I think they just took inspiration from the most popular fallout 3/nv mods. i love the colours, 3 and nv both look like pieces of ass with the horrible green/orange tints. they look 1000x better with the filters removed from mods.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree:

I've played plenty of RPGs since Fallout3, but watching all of this makes me realise how much Fallout stands out for me personally. The whole setting and that Fallout vibe with truly epic music.. no game can match it.

Now it's finally as interactive as you'd want it to be.. you can build settlements, build your own guns, armour... use all that (previously useless) shit you find throughout the place. Add to that all this jetpack and vertibird action... it looks perfect.
Absolutely. It is great for that reason, stands out. I am playing the witcher 3 and loving it have like 100 hours already, bought it 5 days ago :shifty: university holidays :p
But I love the fantasy stuff, favourite RPG for me is Oblivion and Fallout 3 for sure.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Truth be told, The Witcher 3 set a new standard for RPG fantasy games. Elder Scrolls can learn a thing or two from it. But seeing as Fallout4 is looking like the best yet, i have high hopes for the ES series.

Must...not...pre...order...must...resist

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Truth be told, The Witcher 3 set a new standard for RPG fantasy games. Elder Scrolls can learn a thing or two from it. But seeing as Fallout4 is looking like the best yet, i have high hopes for the ES series.

Must...not...pre...order...must...resist
elder scrolls was and is great.

being there for like 20 years.

fuck the witcher.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
elder scrolls was and is great.

being there for like 20 years.

fuck the witcher.
They could still take pointers from the witcher . The witcher has taken something from the elder scrolls series , open world , great amount of content and added that to what they already had that was exellent . Imho the witcher is right now the epitome of rpg . I still think that what is said for skyrim stands , "Big as an ocean , shallow as a pond" . There should be a mix of content and substance and the witcher does that perfectly .

- - - Updated - - -

Saw the fallout 4 trailer again and the trailer of the microsoft conference and I must say Bethesda this time may have made a great game world . Not talking about dimensions . Mostly Imho all their worlds feel flat to me , althrough they may have mountains . In fallout 3 and new vegas that wasn't really a problem since it went well with the setting , but in games such as the elder scrolls the mountains didn't feel like mountains . They always failed to give the world good verticality imho , in fallout 4 they seem to have improved in that .

- - - Updated - - -

Halo trailer was decent , forza is more of the same , fallout 4 is multiplat , dark souls 3 multiplat . Microsoft needs to show exlusives , tomb raider or other new ips

- - - Updated - - -

Division again multiplat

- - - Updated - - -

The backwards compatibily though was a great win for microsoft . I suppose though that this will make them retire the xbox360 . No need for the console now .

- - - Updated - - -

rainbow six , another multiplat

- - - Updated - - -

The game they showed after halo didn''t look bad and this Gigantic may be a fun multiplayer

- - - Updated - - -

Indies :tuttosport: , but this are not exclusives obviously yet again . Never seen that westerado game , caught my interest

- - - Updated - - -

Tacoma looks nice so does ashen .

- - - Updated - - -

Cuphead , finally more footage on this :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

The artstyle in cuphead is gorgeous . Xbox will gets it's own early access thingy like steam . Free trial then you have to pay , mehhhhhhhhhhhh

- - - Updated - - -

ION looks interesting . Finally Tomb Raider .

- - - Updated - - -

Rare collection of 30 games for 30$ , that's nice .

- - - Updated - - -

nice , rare has started doing games again

- - - Updated - - -

Hololens will be unveiled in january , now this is a technology I am interested in .

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck me that hololens display is cool as hell

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Now let's just hope this is actually meaningful and will offer new experiences . First time I saw kinect I had the same reaction althrough I believe that this will actually work .

- - - Updated - - -

new gears for those who are fans of the series

- - - Updated - - -

That was one great conference from microsoft imho , Sony needs to step up their game . They have seriously learned , no bullshit conference , only talked about games and nothing else . I have to say that I didn't expect so much support for windows . A lot of their exlusives are also on windows 10 , they are pushing pc gaming too . Keeping everything exclusive to the xbox one and not only the heavy hitters would make the console more appealing , but they are making a good decision imho , pc gaming is in great expansion .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
EA recap

Shitty conference in general . I thought that need for speed could be decent , but those camera angles :sergio: . Plus it looked like if you didn't know the road you will smash all the buildings of the city . There were some nice indie type games , garden warfare 2 was more of the same and couldn't understand how they spent minutes on a freaking minion mobile game :sergio: . Mass Effect still needs a lot of time to come out so nothing on that front too . A ton of sports games that imho at this point don't need to be marketed at all . Everybody knows they are coming and they always sell to their targeted audience , don't see the need to spend a gazillion of minutes in NHL,NBA,FIFA,NFL and fucking golf (does this even sell any copies ?) all the time . Never understood the need of bringing celebrity athletes on stage , nobody fucking cares . I am a football fan and I couldn't wait for Pele to stop talking so they could show more games , plus the players themselves seem out of place and awkward . Nice to see a return for mirrors edge and finally gameplay from Battlefront .

All in all this was shit .

- - - Updated - - -

Ubisoft again with that aisha tyler host :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)