General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (20 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

:touched:
@JuveJay @juventino320 @Scottish

I started playing ISS pro 98 first, not regurarly, was still fifa player (from 94-95 til 99), but occasionally at friends house, FIFA 98 was awesome so wasnt immediate convert, first mainly find it a charming little unpredictable game with just fake players. But my first time getting hooked full time was 2000, school trip to Florence, was a PS expo conference/awards just next to Fiorentina's stadio (Rui Costa was sooooooo cool, and Udinese's roberto Muzzi scored a cool volley goal), excited by most games in display, but this was instant hook, felt like a truly evolutionary step of unpredictable football simulation compared to the compeition.

They were playing tournos in this expo and long time since I played it, ISS pro evo 99, but battled my way through with Nigeria and came third place. Went home shouted the gospel to my brothers/some schoolmates and never looked back since. Story started for real with PS2 really in 2001, when they got more ambitious and started getting some real teams and names, with the first pro evolution soccer there :touched:

Jan 5, 2007
Wow 98, me as well.

I didnt play any football game for the last two years.

Niw i started get some time and am trying fifa to see what changed.

Played couple of games in pes demo it looks great.

But as a fan of pes i must say they have to do more work on goal keepers and body movement.

Still cant judge fully till i get back from vacation and buy a full varsion.

For me pes is more realistic and challenging that w11 or fifa, but i get forced to play fifa after all my friends playing it.

@Osman

I will take ur words blindly and buy it, want to see what changed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was severely dissapointed in PES 2012 to 2014 (especially 14), they got lazy and unambitious. But PES 2015 is best in ages for me, one of the best in the series on gameplay since 2005-2006 and 2008 editions.

Jan 5, 2007
Man i give the credit to fifa to create that game engine who helped them to roll.

But ffs their career mode is so fucking stupid and unpredictable.

started three career modes in juve, end of every year pogba get homesick and sold by the board.

Wtd i am playing career mode if pogba is gone.

Players growth is stupid, its very hard to get physical increase for many players cuz growth depend on avg game rating.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, litterally barely any games I play vs others look alike, complete unique and varied gameplay based on who you have. I used Monaco vs my brother who had Manchester City, I just bunkered up very deep vs his weirdly shaped midfield, slow build up then quick counters occasionally, patiently won the game 1-0. Next game play Porto vs Lyon and its just all out attack bonanza with teams who are born for gunho counters.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I also love how the tactic settings and gameplan basically reward thinking like you would in real life football. In FIFA, the only viable tactic is basically high-pressure and attacking fast with pacy players, but with PES there's just such a huge variety as you said, extremely similar to reality. When I tried it out the first time back in autumn I actually realised how bad FIFA is.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

:touched:
@JuveJay @juventino320 @Scottish

I started playing ISS pro 98 first, not regurarly, was still fifa player (from 94-95 til 99), but occasionally at friends house, FIFA 98 was awesome so wasnt immediate convert, first mainly find it a charming little unpredictable game with just fake players. But my first time getting hooked full time was 2000, school trip to Florence, was a PS expo conference/awards just next to Fiorentina's stadio (Rui Costa was sooooooo cool, and Udinese's roberto Muzzi scored a cool volley goal), excited by most games in display, but this was instant hook, felt like a truly evolutionary step of unpredictable football simulation compared to the compeition.

They were playing tournos in this expo and long time since I played it, ISS pro evo 99, but battled my way through with Nigeria and came third place. Went home shouted the gospel to my brothers/some schoolmates and never looked back since. Story started for real with PS2 really in 2001, when they got more ambitious and started getting some real teams and names, with the first pro evolution soccer there :touched:
So did I :D I was a lil kid but I'll never forget that period. I was obsessed with it and ISS shall never be forgotten :touched:

Jan 5, 2007
I also love how the tactic settings and gameplan basically reward thinking like you would in real life football. In FIFA, the only viable tactic is basically high-pressure and attacking fast with pacy players, but with PES there's just such a huge variety as you said, extremely similar to reality. When I tried it out the first time back in autumn I actually realised how bad FIFA is.
This, till now fifa didnt know how to make it more tactical.

- - - Updated - - -

As i remember in 98, italy had baggio and di biagio vieri adp and totti

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@ZoSo

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

:tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

IT'S HAPPENING

Started a career mode yesterday night at my brother ps3.

pogba asked to be sold in july before the season starts ffs.

This my forth CM and he is programed not to stay in the club.

Fucking fifa
All you have to do is reload a previous save from like the in-game week before and keep loading it. Eventually he'll say he wants to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)