General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (11 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Best RPG ever remains DAO for me.

Wondering how W3 gameplay will be
Well, it's hard to tell without playing but i know this from playing Witcher 2: it looks more dynamic and polished. So it should definitely be a step up. Witcher's 2 combat system reminded me a bit of Dark Souls, it's harder than your average RPG. It's not just hack and slash, you have to roll, time it and then attack.

Also if you played The Witcher 2 you know how good the story is and their dialogue system is the best out there, at least in the genre of Fantasy RPGs. It's as good as Tell tale games and that should tell you something.

So you add a great story with a great dialogue system to a great combat system... To visually what looks like the best looking RPG ever made - cause let's be honest here, RPGs never were that great in the graphics department, this one looks as good as any AAA game - you know you're getting something special.

And last but not least, it's CD Projekt. You know these guys make the extra effort to give their customers what they want. They're one of the few developers you can trust today.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If anyone has a PS4, but doesn't have Far Cry 4 but would like to do some Co-Op with me, let me know.

The PS4 allows players who don't have the game to join in on Co-op with those that do have it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, it's hard to tell without playing but i know this from playing Witcher 2: it looks more dynamic and polished. So it should definitely be a step up. Witcher's 2 combat system reminded me a bit of Dark Souls, it's harder than your average RPG. It's not just hack and slash, you have to roll, time it and then attack.

Also if you played The Witcher 2 you know how good the story is and their dialogue system is the best out there, at least in the genre of Fantasy RPGs. It's as good as Tell tale games and that should tell you something.

So you add a great story with a great dialogue system to a great combat system... To visually what looks like the best looking RPG ever made - cause let's be honest here, RPGs never were that great in the graphics department, this one looks as good as any AAA game - you know you're getting something special.

And last but not least, it's CD Projekt. You know these guys make the extra effort to give their customers what they want. They're one of the few developers you can trust today.
I cant explain why but the witcher 2 never appealed to be. Played it for 2 houres or so, and then didnt bother returning afterwards. Yet darksoul totally drew me into it

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I cant explain why but the witcher 2 never appealed to be. Played it for 2 houres or so, and then didnt bother returning afterwards. Yet darksoul totally drew me into it
Funnily enough i had the exact same reaction when i bought it. Played it for a couple of hours, didn't get interested enough and shelved it

Months later i decided to play it again, this time properly and had a different experience. The story is very immersive, even though it's a bit complex and except for it's linear world there was a lot of variety. That's why i'm excited for W3 as it seems all weak points found in W2 are going to be fixed and that potential finally fulfilled.

Jul 10, 2006
Shadow of Mordor is a fucking incredible game. I just started playing it this morning and I'm hook.

- - - Updated - - -

They just gave that out for free on Xbox Live. I heard it was good, but I HATE the combat. It's too complicated.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Shadow of Mordor is a fucking incredible game. I just started playing it this morning and I'm hook.

- - - Updated - - -

They just gave that out for free on Xbox Live. I heard it was good, but I HATE the combat. It's too complicated.
Here's some personal tips:

Rolling and timing your strike is the key.

Never try to fight 2 enemies at once, try to lure one at a time.

Use your protective spell (forgot what it's called) as much as you can, you'll need it.

Also make sure you drink your potions when you feel there will be a fight soon as you can't do it while in combat.

Use those tips and you're fine.

Like i told Zach, it's a bit like Dark Souls as it can really been challenging at times but not as painfully.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Shadow of Mordor is good but I haven't clocked it yet.

I am playing wow again on a private server. ExcaliburWoW

All free, Burning crusade 2.4.3 edition. It's good. Nostalgic.

Jul 10, 2006
Here's some personal tips:

Rolling and timing your strike is the key.

Never try to fight 2 enemies at once, try to lure one at a time.

Use your protective spell (forgot what it's called) as much as you can, you'll need it.

Also make sure you drink your potions when you feel there will be a fight soon as you can't do it while in combat.

Use those tips and you're fine.

Like i told Zach, it's a bit like Dark Souls as it can really been challenging at times but not as painfully.
Thanks. I'll play it some more eventually. I have Shadow of Mordor then Dragon Age: Inquisition to play first. I actually paid for those. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)