General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (18 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
pretty sure you can get unofficial drivers for that, but don't know how well it works
Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc.

But microsoft has "xbox 360 for windows" controllers made specially for pc. I got one of those.

They will make an xbox one for windows controller, but its nort yet on the market

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
Reached Level 24 at Destiny and playing for more Light equipment right now and the exotic bounty that should get me a nifty shotgun. And I need to get to Level 26 to get to play the awesome raid.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
zach, the current xbox one controllers can be used for pc. the releaed drivers for support in july i think. so you dont have to wait.

however ms just announced they will release one for windows soon.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Reached Level 24 at Destiny and playing for more Light equipment right now and the exotic bounty that should get me a nifty shotgun. And I need to get to Level 26 to get to play the awesome raid.
I'm still at level 20 but should reach 26 by the weekend, hopefully. You'll need 5 other players in your team to play the raid. Count me in :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
zach, the current xbox one controllers can be used for pc. the releaed drivers for support in july i think. so you dont have to wait.

however ms just announced they will release one for windows soon.
Yeah, i'm gonna check that out further and the copycats Zoso mentionned who cost less then half for simular performance.

Saving up atm. Got a quastion here

Currently in "new" pc : i790 ULtra SLI and QX9650 cpu (overclocked to 4ghz)

Saw a deal on 400 euro for : MSI Z97 and i7 4770 cpu.

both motherboard got three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots

Is the deal good enough to spend it now ? i was thinking to wait a year before swapping motherboard and cpu out

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I like it, I like the MMO elements to it. But it is still a shooter. My PSN is SensualSuaveSal

- - - Updated - - -

I havent had much time to play it. Plan on playing it all day today though.

- - - Updated - - -

The lighting is quite beautiful.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah, i'm gonna check that out further and the copycats Zoso mentionned who cost less then half for simular performance.

Saving up atm. Got a quastion here

Currently in "new" pc : i790 ULtra SLI and QX9650 cpu (overclocked to 4ghz)

Saw a deal on 400 euro for : MSI Z97 and i7 4770 cpu.

both motherboard got three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots

Is the deal good enough to spend it now ? i was thinking to wait a year before swapping motherboard and cpu out
I got the controller off eBay btw.

Do you really need an i7? As far as I'm aware the difference in games is negligible or non existent. Most games don't take advantage of 4 cores let alone 6. A high end overclocked i5 will last for a very long time.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I got the controller off eBay btw.

Do you really need an i7? As far as I'm aware the difference in games is negligible or non existent. Most games don't take advantage of 4 cores let alone 6. A high end overclocked i5 will last for a very long time.
Yeah you dont need it. But its a package deal with the motherboard and ram. I would have otherwise went for an i5

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah you dont need it. But its a package deal with the motherboard and ram. I would have otherwise went for an i5
I don't know prices over there but here I got:

i5 4590 ~$225
AsRock H97M-Pro4 ~$115

400e is a lot

Crossfire capable too, though I think SLI boards are more expensive.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not much use for crossfire when having these two gigabyte 770GTX here.

And SLI boards require 16x pcie3.0 per card. That board has just one. Wich is fine, for a single card setup

- - - Updated - - -

But the next time i'm making a pc, its going to be amd, cause its just so much cheaper for same performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)