General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (23 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
Didn't the PS3 cost $600 when first released in the US? And the X-Box was cheaper at the time?

It ended up doing ok. They made their price more competitive.

Microsoft will do the same if they need too. They are banking that their customer base is loyal and that their exclusives will make the difference.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Didn't the PS3 cost $600 when first released in the US? And the X-Box was cheaper at the time?

It ended up doing ok. They made their price more competitive.

Microsoft will do the same if they need too. They are banking that their customer base is loyal and that their exclusives will make the difference.
Yes, and it killed them during the first couple of years. It was way overpriced for the market, and was released a year after the 360.

Keep in mind one thing here, my man, when you speak of exclusives. Granted, Microsoft is finally investing a lot of money in their first party developers, but Sony have some of the best 1st party developers already in the gaming industry, with Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Sony Japan, Evolution Studios, Quantic Dream, and Media Molecule, among many others.

And a customer base is only loyal up to a certain point, up until where they feel they are getting screwed over. This is very reminiscent to the PS2 days with Sony, when they were on top of the world and felt they could do no wrong, that no matter what they put out next, it would be accepted with open arms. That didn't happen. Microsoft lept in and grabbed a significant market share.

XBOX One is not only 100.00 more expensive, but it restricts used games, is region locked, (Can't stress how important that is to the core gamers out there who want import titles), and at the end of the day, you are still paying to play online, even to use any of your apps.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I've yet to see any real reason why anyone would actually buy a xbox one, both machines are basically same in terms of spec, but the incentive of owning either definitely favours the ps4 and by quite a margin, by the sounds of the xbox and its restrictive play and how lack of activity on the xbox can incure some sort of fee to reactivate the account. I just don't like it and if anyone can please enlighten me as to any positives of the xbox over the ps4 that would be great, but so far i think a large proportion of the so called loyal xbox fans will either stick with the 360, or not even buy the new one till the price drops

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Xbox seems so stupid with that log in every 24 hours thing. wtf? is that.

Much cheaper than expected though, PS4 is only $549 here.

Also.. NEW STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!!!! :tuttosport:
Fucking fuck yes, I saw this and almost exploding. GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING STAR WARS FUCKING BATTLEFRONT YES

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::t uttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tut tosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

Please don't mess it up :scared:

Also, this looks amazing:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I had ps+ for 2 years, it's great for 40 euros a year subscription you get lots of excellent games for free, even more discounts for others and access to private beta of games.
It's brilliant, I paid 45euro for 15months and it can be used on 2 consoles, so we split the cost with my friend. Now i don't buy games almost at all. Too many games/too less time problem :D

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Tell that to latinamerica! I'm sure that the price will be at least twice the US price. Good thing that I can buy it on US.
Same here :D My brother goes to the US all the time.

But I'll probably get a new and powerful PC (I wanna pirate games).

I need to play MGS5 though so I'll borrow my cousin's PS3 or PS4 if he gets one (I'm sure he will).

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Same here :D My brother goes to the US all the time.

But I'll probably get a new and powerful PC (I wanna pirate games).

I need to play MGS5 though so I'll borrow my cousin's PS3 or PS4 if he gets one (I'm sure he will).
I was actually thinking on the same thing but PS4 looks sooo good, I gotta get it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)