General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (66 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
PS4 users will have to be paying to play online as well.
Yes, I know that. But you also don't have to pay if you want to use your apps such as Netflix or Hulu Plus, whereas with Xbox you have to, even though you already pay a monthly subscription fee to those aforementioned services. Therefore, it makes no sense to have to pay microsoft a monthly fee for the privelege of watching Netflix on your 360, that you already pay a monthly fee to Netflix for, anyway.

You said yourself that you were going to get one eventually, so what's the difference?

Jul 10, 2006
Yes, I know that. But you also don't have to pay if you want to use your apps such as Netflix or Hulu Plus, whereas with Xbox you have to, even though you already pay a monthly subscription fee to those aforementioned services. Therefore, it makes no sense to have to pay microsoft a monthly fee for the privelege of watching Netflix on your 360, that you already pay a monthly fee to Netflix for, anyway.

You said yourself that you were going to get one eventually, so what's the difference?
I was just stating a fact.

Jul 10, 2006
I still think the not lending games thing sucks.
Well, when you think about it, all Sony did was leave that up to the publishers. EA already does an online pass, so you can't hand off fifa to your friend and let him try it online.

The way XB1 is doing it will likely make it cheaper for publishers since restrictions like this are already in place and they don't have to build them into the titles themselves. More and more publishers will likely be using DRM in the future since they lose money through piracy and the used games market while Gamestop makes a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. I'll compromise. :D

It does surprise me when people haven't games like that. Starcraft, Total War, the original Warcraft, etc.
I've been playing the Total War series since the original, Shogun. Amazing games. I wish they would release my favorite, Medieval 2: Total War for the Mac. They have a Rome: Total War for the mac, and that plays well. But M2 was the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Gameplay from Bunjie's next masterpiece, 'Destiny'

It looks amazing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well, when you think about it, all Sony did was leave that up to the publishers. EA already does an online pass, so you can't hand off fifa to your friend and let him try it online.

The way XB1 is doing it will likely make it cheaper for publishers since restrictions like this are already in place and they don't have to build them into the titles themselves. More and more publishers will likely be using DRM in the future since they lose money through piracy and the used games market while Gamestop makes a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing the Total War series since the original, Shogun. Amazing games. I wish they would release my favorite, Medieval 2: Total War for the Mac. They have a Rome: Total War for the mac, and that plays well. But M2 was the best.
I liked Medieval: Total War. I would always play as the Spanish or the Russians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)