General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (20 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

kind of lame EA is doing it though, I bet it will be like: you died. pay $10 to continue or your disc self destructs. It's being made by DICE (who make BF) so expect heaps of DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Battlefront 2 was amazing though, I hope they keep it similar to that and don't make a 'Battlefield: Star Wars' game if you know what I mean.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This day couldnt started better, reading news of PS4 price, BJ, new Witcher game actually ON A CONSOLE, and new loooooong awaited Battlefront :touched:

Jul 10, 2006
The 24hr connection thing is weird, but it won't effect me, I've never gone 24 hours with my internet being down. But anything is possible. I don't rent games, losing used games will suck, tho.

The price is a big deal.

But XBox is banking on exclusive titles and it will likely still carry a lot of the COD and now Battlefield crowd, since they have exclusive rights to DLC 30 days prior to anyone else getting it.

I'll have both within a year of their release, tho, so it doesn't really matter. My son will get an xbox for Dead Rising 3. I'll probably get a PS4 for myself personally, but we'll see what happens. I'm in no rush to jump into them, I'm happy with the current xbox 360. Once the new consoles libraries grow I'll make a decision.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The 24hr connection thing is weird, but it won't effect me, I've never gone 24 hours with my internet being down. But anything is possible. I don't rent games, losing used games will suck, tho.

The price is a big deal.

But XBox is banking on exclusive titles and it will likely still carry a lot of the COD and now Battlefield crowd, since they have exclusive rights to DLC 30 days prior to anyone else getting it.

I'll have both within a year of their release, tho, so it doesn't really matter. My son will get an xbox for Dead Rising 3. I'll probably get a PS4 for myself personally, but we'll see what happens. I'm in no rush to jump into them, I'm happy with the current xbox 360. Once the new consoles libraries grow I'll make a decision.
The sharing games thing is retarded.

Also a new Battlefront will make me get one of these things.

NEW BATTLEFRONT :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

kinda sucks i'll lose all the achievements & GS if I get PS4 but oh well

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I had ps+ for 2 years, it's great for 40 euros a year subscription you get lots of excellent games for free, even more discounts for others and access to private beta of games.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's £35 p/a for Xbox 360 currently, so I don't have any problems with that on a new console.

With paid subscription you can demand better service.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
just as long as playstation plus doesn't lose its value for free games and discounts off the store, then im all for it as much as i disagree at the idea of having to pay for the online service like xbox live

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
just as long as playstation plus doesn't lose its value for free games and discounts off the store, then im all for it as much as i disagree at the idea of having to pay for the online service like xbox live
You won't lose any of that stuff. One PS+ account will be connected for your PS4, PS3, and Vita. Which by the way, I'm surprised that more wasn't made of the fact that Final Fantasy X Remix is coming to the Vita :touched:

Anyway, all of the services that I have been receiving with the PS+ will remain intact, and from what Sony said, Driveclub will be the first PS4 game to be in the instant game collection. As far as having to pay to play online multiplayer. Well, I guess if I were the type to do that at all, I would probably be a little pissed off about it. But you get so much with the Plus service, as @Osman can attest to. I know for a fact that he and I have gotten a ton of stuff with that service.

As far as the Xbox One goes, I have to say, as being an early adopter of the system since the original Xbox, I was liking what they were doing with the games. I was really intrigued. But then the price. Ugh. IN this economy, that is just too much for right now. I will get it eventually, probably with my christmas money that I'm bound to be getting, but I can only afford one system right now, and that will be the PS4 for me.

EDIT- ALso, unlike XBOX Live, any of the apps, such as Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc...... will not be part of the PS+ Paywall. And as far as cost is concerned, consider that Drive club will be a 60.00 game, and you will get that free when you sign up for PS+ for the PS4. That alone pays for itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close, man.

As much as the price and especially their always on and DRM policies are crazy, they did show some good stuff at the conference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)