General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (113 Viewers)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
GENIUS !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Still on the gaming sites they forgot gametrailers , shane gives COD the mandatory 9.4 every year . And strangely enough every game that comes in the same time period get's a bad vote or get's pointed out for faults in the game which could very well be applied to COD , but strangely enough it's score never get's under the 9.4 mark :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
We don't have any good stores here in Lithuania, I only am left with Steam and GOG where I can buy them digitally, and there you don't always get good discounts for games you like. And the usual 20% or so is still too much for such games imo.
you just have to wait , games prices always drop , used copies can be gotten cheaply and also you can always wait for editions which contain expansions so you can get better value for your money , personally i don't like digital downloads , i always like to have a physical copy of the game .

For example ea is releasing mass effect the complete triology the premium version (or some bullshit like that) . Pratically you get the three games for the price of one , 60 bucks . Obviously it is only if you haven't played the game , but i would still wait for the complete deluxe version which will undoubtebly come out after some time which will contain the three games and all the expansions :D

- - - Updated - - -

AC 3 and Absolution on my torrent list :p
Still have to play those , AC3 is said to have a bad ending and i must say that the ac franchaise has gotten a tad boring , especially the fighting parts , i still can't get over the enemies that simply wait there to attack you . By now they should have implemented a smarter fighting system
Absolution got me very exited , but after i saw the reviews my hype has gotten down .

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I know, but major price drops almost always happens way too late. You can get a lucky FM discount in a good time, but usualy the best discounts will be around summer or later, that's way too long.

And for eg, titles like Total War, they only give good discounts when a newer one is coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

I now started Witcher 2, so far an awesome game, something different and reminds of some good old rpg, with a good stories and involving characters, not to mention the combat and the skill tree isn't that bad ether. Not a go anywhere do anything with a crappy story game.

It's not a fallout, because it's not so much free world, but it feels very genuine and really feels like an rpg.

Witcher 2 was torented, but I already bought from steam the first version just for 2 euros!

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Still have to play those , AC3 is said to have a bad ending and i must say that the ac franchaise has gotten a tad boring , especially the fighting parts , i still can't get over the enemies that simply wait there to attack you . By now they should have implemented a smarter fighting system
Absolution got me very exited , but after i saw the reviews my hype has gotten down .
True, I barely played AC 1, then got quickly tired of Brotherhood.

The reason why I'm giving the third instalment a shot is cuz it's kinda different, new atmosphere.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I know, but major price drops almost always happens way too late. You can get a lucky FM discount in a good time, but usualy the best discounts will be around summer or later, that's way too long.

And for eg, titles like Total War, they only give good discounts when a newer one is coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

I now started Witcher 2, so far an awesome game, something different and reminds of some good old rpg, with a good stories and involving characters, not to mention the combat and the skill tree isn't that bad ether. Not a go anywhere do anything with a crappy story game.

It's not a fallout, because it's not so much free world, but it feels very genuine and really feels like an rpg.

Witcher 2 was torented, but I already bought from steam the first version just for 2 euros!
One of the best rpg out there , you here people saying skyrim this and skyrim that , but the witcher 2 is the better rpg in my opinion . The only things where skyrim has the uperhand is content , it's world is massive and also the modding community (althrough we have to see what players will do with the witcher 2 construncion kit that will be released) . The witcher 2 is definetly the most complete package out there when rpgs come in play . Great story , great gameplay , great graphics , everything is great .

Inpatiently waiting for CDProject Red next project CyberPunk and the wichter 3 obviously , right now they are one of my favourite developers because they do everything with gamers in mind , they don't go after money

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
True, I barely played AC 1, then got quickly tired of Brotherhood.

The reason why I'm giving the third instalment a shot is cuz it's kinda different, new atmosphere.
AC 1 was clunky i never finished it , like people say , ac 1 was like a tech demo of what they could do , than ac 2 came and actually perfected it making a giant leap from the second game . What came after that was bad . This one seems better , but it is like it's predececors , but with some nice additions . Still i think that by now they should have made better fighting , if they improved that they would have made a damn good game . The free running is still a ton of fun , but the battles are a turn off for me .

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Souls is a majestic RPG too.
Obviously , still have to get the expansion pack of that , the only thing i think that lacks is a great story , apart that it is a monster of a game

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Yeah the fighting truly is too easy and strange. It's like you wanna just mount a horse and run away from them instead of taking them on.
Sometimes to me it seems like a quck time event , you just attack and counter with some flashy move where you aren't in control .

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Dark Souls is a majestic RPG too.
I'm waiting for my controler to start that. I downloaded it, but couldn't manage to play it with a keyboard and a mouse, is it just me?

- - - Updated - - -

One of the best rpg out there , you here people saying skyrim this and skyrim that , but the witcher 2 is the better rpg in my opinion . The only things where skyrim has the uperhand is content , it's world is massive and also the modding community (althrough we have to see what players will do with the witcher 2 construncion kit that will be released) . The witcher 2 is definetly the most complete package out there when rpgs come in play . Great story , great gameplay , great graphics , everything is great .

Inpatiently waiting for CDProject Red next project CyberPunk and the wichter 3 obviously , right now they are one of my favourite developers because they do everything with gamers in mind , they don't go after money
Do they have any other games besides witcher series that is worth taking a look?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I'm waiting for my controler to start that. I downloaded it, but couldn't manage to play it with a keyboard and a mouse, is it just me?

- - - Updated - - -

Do they have any other games besides witcher series that is worth taking a look?
Nope apart witcher , they don't , but as i said their new project Cyberpunk is definetly going to be awsome . They spend a lot of time developing games , and the best thing about them is that they develop games on PC . And what i like about them is that they don't follow the money and dumb down games for that . They have already said that the next witcher game will be next generation (i think the same was said about cyberpunk) even if next gen comes much later than the games launch .

Still when they anounced cyberpunk they said that it will be developed by a new created group which included programers who had worked on the witcher and new talented programers and another group (made by others who worked on the witcher) would work in a fantasy game project (Most probably witcher 3) . They like to polish their game and take their time with it , considering that they published W2AK 4 years after the first , we could expect them with a new game every 2 years , but it will undoubtebly be quality , not COD style

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That is what I like about witcher. I doesn't feel dumbed down game, like almost all the games today with a very rare exception, that is probably because their main audience is adults. But it's obvious they lack a bit in resource departament, cos even though the game's story, idea or gameplay is not a watered down version and you can see that there was a lot of detail puted in the work, but there are a bit of bugs, and the end product could feel a bit more polished.

I like how they want to make a grand game, but it just feels that they don't have enough resources to polish the bits and ends of the game. Like for eg how skyrim is polished compared to witcher, though I prefer withcer much much more.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
That is what I like about witcher. I doesn't feel dumbed down game, like almost all the games today with a very rare exception, that is probably because their main audience is adults. But it's obvious they lack a bit in resource departament, cos even though the game's story, idea or gameplay is not a watered down version and you can see that there was a lot of detail puted in the work, but there are a bit of bugs, and the end product could feel a bit more polished.

I like how they want to make a grand game, but it just feels that they don't have enough resources to polish the bits and ends of the game. Like for eg how skyrim is polished compared to witcher, though I prefer withcer much much more.
skyrim has a ton of bugs , bethesda games have a ton of bugs in general , they have so much bugs that they are considered like part of the experience by now :D , the best thing about their games are mods which enhance the experience and even resolve some problems , like balance issues ect . Still project red are not as big as other companies , but they put more passion and seem like the more intelligent in game making , better ideas .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)