General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (61 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Microsoft is pumping 1 billion into exclusives. might be interesting. fuck them tho.

Planetside2 seems like an awesome game but my pc cannot handle all that awesomeness. You need 8 gb of good ram to run it properly

Guess I'll be buying a playstation for GTA then
Or wait 6 months and have the best ever experience on pc.

"pc to expensive" ? there are graphic cards for half the price of an xbox360/ps3 that have double the performance

Apparently, it's gotten a plethora of 10/10 reviews. It can't be THAT good, can it?
Alot of reviews arent independant anymore, or absolutely not unbiassed.

Remember how Bioshock got called the best game ever ?
Wel, its story was amongst the best game ever, but the gameplay was flawed, and there were a bunch of things wrong. 8-9 out of 10, not 10/10

And you can bet your ass that its repeating itselves.

If you want a reliable review, check youtube gaming critics for their unbiassed opinion, instead of the bribed games magazines.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Planetside 2 is some awesome stuff. Shame my PC recently died and I am stuck with a weaker one for a while :( That game needs more CPU power than anything else.
Sony just announced that Planetside 2 is coming ot the PS4

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, it's gotten a plethora of 10/10 reviews. It can't be THAT good, can it?
I'll find out soon enough. It's Naughty Dog, after all. They have yet to disappoint me

- - - Updated - - -
@Zacheryah

It's all well and good that they are pumping 1 billion dollars into exclusives, but they don't have a plethora of 1st party developers.

343, Rare ( Who haven't put out anything good in who knows how long), and Turn 10 are the ones at the top of my head who come to mind

And for what it's worth, Edge Online have only given 1 other exclusive PS3 game a 10/10 review, and this is only the 15th perfect score they've ever given to a videogame on any platform.

here are the others

•Super Mario 64; Nintendo 64
•Gran Turismo; PlayStation
•The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Nintendo 64
•Halo: Combat Evolved; Xbox
•Half-Life 2; Windows
•Halo 3; Xbox 360
•The Orange Box; Windows, Xbox 360
•Super Mario Galaxy; Wii
•Grand Theft Auto IV; PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
•LittleBigPlanet; PlayStation 3
•Bayonetta; PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
•Super Mario Galaxy 2; Wii
•Rock Band 3; PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
•The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; Wii

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Sony just announced that Planetside 2 is coming ot the PS4
Can't say that I completely see that coming but it will be interesting to see how it will develop - if it will be separate or in parallel to the PC version.

But unless with the PS4 you will be allowed to use a mouse and keyboard, for FPS games one truth will always ring true:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can't say that I completely see that coming but it will be interesting to see how it will develop - if it will be separate or in parallel to the PC version.

But unless with the PS4 you will be allowed to use a mouse and keyboard, for FPS games one truth will always ring true:

The PS3 supports Keyboard and Mouse if the developers allow it to be used on their game, so I can't see why they wouldn't for the PS4

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But they need to keep PS2 console version seperate from the PC one, I'm all for interlinking PC-console worlds in a persistent way (ala Dust 514), but PC playerbase would have too much of an advantage in that scenario.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But they need to keep PS2 console version seperate from the PC one, I'm all for interlinking PC-console worlds in a persistent way (ala Dust 514), but PC playerbase would have too much of an advantage in that scenario.
Unless you can bring your character over to the PS4. That is what Sony is doing with DC Universe Online. Any characters that you have developed on the PS3 version will carry over to the PS4 version

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah but why would the PC players want to bring their characters over to the PS4? Especially if they dont have the console and need to buy it to play a game they already have. Its best if they keep em seperate, for the controll difference.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
According to consolefags, the 360controller is better for fps then mouse+keyboard.

If thats true, then i'm doing something terribly wrong :D

BUT, i would like to have shared leaderboards.

Ever played "Need for Speed : Shift 2 Unleashed" ? It has some great leaderbords shared with xboxlive friends.

If that could interlink with for example steam, or windows life or w/e, that would be so nice !

Not multiplayer but sharing records and talking to a steam friend via xbox live

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok so i just finished the walking dead game and OMG i shed manly tears when....

lee was slowly dying after being bitten by a zomive and i chose not have his hand cut off. then afyer rescuiing clementine he tells her to shoot him so he doesnt turn into a zombie

what an ending! now i am playing again and making different choices to see what impact it makes

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Or wait 6 months and have the best ever experience on pc.

"pc to expensive" ? there are graphic cards for half the price of an xbox360/ps3 that have double the performance
Or you know, it still isn't even confirmed for PC and they might not even release it at all i.e. RDR. Considering the amount of piracy in PC gaming it might not even be worth it for them to make it.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
ok so i just finished the walking dead game and OMG i shed manly tears when....

lee was slowly dying after being bitten by a zomive and i chose not have his hand cut off. then afyer rescuiing clementine he tells her to shoot him so he doesnt turn into a zombie

what an ending! now i am playing again and making different choices to see what impact it makes
n00b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)