General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (18 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
@King of Kings If you're into mystery/adventure games you should get The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on the PSstore. It's only 20 bucks.

The only down side, if you want to call it that, is that it's really short, about 4-5 hours long. But then my friend, it's about the quality of the story not it's length. Great atmosphere set in a beautiful place. One of those games that will stay with you for a long time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@King of Kings If you're into mystery/adventure games you should get The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on the PSstore. It's only 20 bucks.

The only down side, if you want to call it that, is that it's really short, about 4-5 hours long. But then my friend, it's about the quality of the story not it's length. Great atmosphere set in a beautiful place. One of those games that will stay with you for a long time.

I just might,man. Isn't Until Dawn coming out this month ?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I just might,man. Isn't Until Dawn coming out this month ?
I just realized it is. Cool, I'm definitely getting it.

About TVoEC, just know that the game does not hold your hand at all (It even says so in the game :D). So you're basically supposed to know what to do. It really isn't hard but it requires a bit of thinking and someone in the mood to explore. I advise headphones/low lights to really get into the mood. The atmosphere is what makes it so great.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh my god I'm just after discovering Civilization 5.

Holy fuck what a great game.
I just picked up the complete edition on amazon for 35 dollars. It is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized it is. Cool, I'm definitely getting it.

About TVoEC, just know that the game does not hold your hand at all (It even says so in the game :D). So you're basically supposed to know what to do. It really isn't hard but it requires a bit of thinking and someone in the mood to explore. I advise headphones/low lights to really get into the mood. The atmosphere is what makes it so great.
I'll make sure to check it out

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I just picked up the complete edition on amazon for 35 dollars. It is fantastic.
I have spent half of my weekend in a game with my housemates and by God I think I'll be spending the second half doing the same.

- - - Updated - - -

The slow/relaxed pace of the game plus the addictivity (real word?) reminds me of football manager.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have spent half of my weekend in a game with my housemates and by God I think I'll be spending the second half doing the same.

- - - Updated - - -

The slow/relaxed pace of the game plus the addictivity (real word?) reminds me of football manager.
I played Civilization 4: Beyond the sword for the longest time, that I didn't ever feel the need to get V. But I saw it on sale at Amazon for the complete edition, and I really regret not getting it sooner

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
heard the game is utterly shit compared to previous years
It has been utterly sh!t since 2010, only aside from the graphics I'm digging the new Mexico track. As a fan I still have to have it but can't wait till it has a different developer. F1 Championship Edition of 2006 was the last great realistic one for the ages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)