General Food & Cooking Thread. (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1000014175.jpg

What do you think about my NYs dinner menu? @Bjerknes

Starter, parma ham on a bed of rocket salad and parmesan with a balsamic dressing.

Main course, oven baked cod fillet served on pointed cabbage with roasted hazelnuts and a chives butter sauce.

Dessert, chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream and sea buckthorn curd.

And that champagne was on point.
That looks fantastic. Great job man!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
How you gonna go about cooking them? I remember trying octopus once when I was a kid and they were so chewy. I'm guessing they were just poorly cooked by whoever it was and it is possible to do them well. What's your plan?
Thats really the trick, cook them long enough. You can also grill them afterwards. In the south of Italy they even eat them raw

I cook them in a sauce

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How you gonna go about cooking them? I remember trying octopus once when I was a kid and they were so chewy. I'm guessing they were just poorly cooked by whoever it was and it is possible to do them well. What's your plan?
wine braised does the trick for me.

and then just sear on a hot pan for a couple mins.

Google Spanish octopus recipes

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
aren't you supposed to eat the octopus alive? like it's supposed to be still movings it's tentacle as you chew right?

Jun 16, 2020
Bought mackerel at the market this weekend. It’s not that I never ate it but somehow I just never bought it and I really regret that now. Never realised that it’s actually very cheap compared to other fishes and the nutritional value is great.

Apr 9, 2015
How do you eat them? I was told they are too oily.
There are a lot of variations. In the Netherlands we ate mackarel on bread or a cracker as lunch. There are a plenty ways you can make mackarel, salads, pasta's, from oven et cetera.

Some 'mackarel dishes' i like are:
- Mackarel beetroot salad
- Pasta mackarel with vegetables something like dill, zucchini, leek. You can vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)