General Food & Cooking Thread. (8 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I love how Siamak sometimes speaks like an English text book.
As an english learner I focused on English textbooks. I occasionally read some english academic books such as American English File, Top Notch, Interchange, Touchstone, Four Corners, New Headway, Summit, cutting edge, English Result on my own in my free time. I will probably stay on them for around one year considering the amount of books ahead of me. so i think, it's normal.

Jun 16, 2020
Herring? TBH it's one of my favourite fish but people don't really eat it so much in the UK now.
No it’s sea bass. Or at least that’s what google says when I translate it from Dutch and Italian, but this fish has two names in both Italian and Dutch so honestly wouldn’t know if there are different types. We just fold it in that foil and put it in the oven. It’s delicious.

Hering is great aswel and is consumed raw, but that’s more a snack than a meal here. In The Netherlands it’s definitely a thing. I highly recommend eating it, it’s a very healthy fish and it’s quite tasty! I like it, quite cheap aswel but that’s due to its size I think

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No it’s sea bass. Or at least that’s what google says when I translate it from Dutch and Italian, but this fish has two names in both Italian and Dutch so honestly wouldn’t know if there are different types. We just fold it in that foil and put it in the oven. It’s delicious.

Hering is great aswel and is consumed raw, but that’s more a snack than a meal here. In The Netherlands it’s definitely a thing. I highly recommend eating it, it’s a very healthy fish and it’s quite tasty! I like it, quite cheap aswel but that’s due to its size I think
Ah it's hard to tell without seeing the fins but yeah I can see now, plus herring is shinier. Sea bass is the right name in UK English, I know it as spigola also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)