Gaming on Mac OSX (1 Viewer)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Any guru's in the house? I recently got an iMac as a present, and am really fucking tired of the Mac OS X. I do not own a physical copy of windows, but I've heard it's possible to install a hacked version of it which will run just fine.
A move like this is a bit beyond my level of skill when it comes to computers, and I'd like to know if there is anyone here who could tell me what to do, if it's even possible to download a cracked version of windows 7 and throw it on a iMac.

I'm also up for trying Linux or other freeware, just aslong as I can install goddamn .exe files on them.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #9
    Thanks for the reply, looks like I'm going to have to buy a version of widows to boot camp it.

Meh, I might throw it down the stairs, cash in on the full insurance money and get a proper PC too.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    This is probably going to be a dumb question for most, but I didn't know where to post it.

I am currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MacBook Pro and got bored of it. If I want to install Max OS X Lion on it, can I install Lion on this version or do I need to have 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    You need to update to Snow Leopard first then you can update to Lion.

Was trying to update from Leopard to Mountain Lion last week but that wasn't even close to working :p

Bootcamp is pretty damn nice btw. I run Mountain Lion and have a small partition for Windows 7 as well. :p

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    hey, i don't see any other OSX related thread so i'm gonna ask here.
    Let's start with info that I don't know almost anything about OSX. My dad bought for himself some years ago (2007 maybe) MacBook Pro for work (I don't know why, sometimes it's even too hard to understand some things in Windows), he keeps there some presentations, work stuff etc. The thing is that because of the system he uses this macbook very rarely. I came out with the proposition that he should have windows installed on another partition. So now i should do it..
    From the information i found it seems that i need a BootCamp software to install windows. The problem is this macbook is so old it runs on OS X 10.4.10 Tiger, and i found that bootcamp is available on Snow Leopard and Lion, right ?
    So my only option is to buy Leopard and then Snow Leopard ? :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)