Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (4 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You quoted this from somewhere else.

But its oh so true. As central as the Game of thrones struggle for power has been, anything after the scale of this epic and insane larger then life 3rd episode and battle of life vs death, will feal EXTREMELY SMALL TIME in comparison.

I'm only waiting for more twists to keep me up, because really, the wtfness of Night King/white walkers was such a huge part of the draw of the mystery of the show, its a shame to see it end abruptly in this emotional roller coaster episode. They have alot of explaining to do. Melisandre gave some hints each season, and she was great this episode, she went out like a champ in her cause for the light/living, but now its Bran's turn. Time to fess up and shed some light, was he really just sitting there warging ravens? or was he elsewhere? What did he tell Tyrion?

Because as interesting Cersei been, its kinda underwhelming all thats left now is her and her mercenary army. Even if these are characters we followed for 8 seasons and its gonna be epic to see it unfold, but the stakes can never be as high again as it was in this crazy episode.
Bran played maestro and totally setup the NK to get got by Arya

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
You gotta feel a little bit for the creators of the show, George RR Martin set them up in an impossible position regarding White Walkers. A battle against them would either result in total annihilating or total annihilation. Not like battle of Blackwater for instance, where neither Stannis nor the crown won decisively. Creators chose to have men win the battle to set the final battle between protagonists and antagonists.
There were a few silly things about this plot though. There should've been more deaths. How did Melisandre change her mind on who Prince Who Is Promised was? Why didn't Night King go for Bran from the get go, and wasted his time in that useless aerial battle? Why would Night King be more vulnerable in the place he was created in Godswood? What happened to Azor Ahai prophecy? and so on

Aug 26, 2014
i really hope we do get at least some sort of an explanation on the Night King
We won't. The NK is explained pretty good actually we know how he's created, we also know his motivation which is to kill all the living things thats why he was created by the children of the forest. We just don't know why he turned on the children of the forest and how he was defeated the last time. With that said Bran could have easily told them how they stoped the night king before and how the last long night ended since he can see everything that has happened in the past and nobody even bothered to ask him. He just said that no one tried to kill him with dragon fire and that was it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Bran played maestro and totally setup the NK to get got by Arya
No, he didn't. Infact, they set Bran up as bait with the entire plan hinging on that and prepared absolutely nothing to actually kill the NK. Theon's suicide charge proves that they knew nothing. Also Arya had her hands full in the tower defense and library sneaking which would have been way too risky if the initial plan was her guarding Bran.
Ffs, she was one second from death before Beric saved her. So either the plotters are retarded or the narrating is dreadful. Cherry on top is that she shits herself against some wight in the library only to fly past half a dozen white walkers like naruto.

You aren't even plebs, you watched lots of good television. It boggles my mind why you treat that cheap lackluster dogshit as some benchmark. It 'wasn't even technically well done at the very least, with shitty lighting, low effort sets and costumes etc. Somebody even said it was comparable to BoB Bastogne episode wtf your tongue shall fall off for uttering these words

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No, he didn't. Infact, they set Bran up as bait with the entire plan hinging on that and prepared absolutely nothing to actually kill the NK. Theon's suicide charge proves that they knew nothing. Also Arya had her hands full in the tower defense and library sneaking which would have been way too risky if the initial plan was her guarding Bran.
Ffs, she was one second from death before Beric saved her. So either the plotters are retarded or the narrating is dreadful. Cherry on top is that she shits herself against some wight in the library only to fly past half a dozen white walkers like naruto.

You aren't even plebs, you watched lots of good television. It boggles my mind why you treat that cheap lackluster dogshit as some benchmark
Yea that made no sense at all if arya was the plan why was she running around the castle almost being killed throughout the whole siege? Its just more garbage writing geared towards giving the popular characters their big win moments over writing that makes any sense at all.

thanks, Dabid and Dabid

Aug 26, 2014

You aren't even plebs, you watched lots of good television. It boggles my mind why you treat that cheap lackluster dogshit as some benchmark. It 'wasn't even technically well done at the very least, with shitty lighting, low effort sets and costumes etc. Somebody even said it was comparable to BoB Bastogne episode wtf your tongue shall fall off for uttering these words

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Yeah battle planning was nonexistent. There was also no commander at all. At the middle of that aerial fight Jon suddenly said "Bran!", as if suddenly he remembered Bran's defense is weak.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The only thing dissapointing here was lack the of sadness I felt. They used to be much better at that. But this was so much better than Endgame I saw a few days ago. What a dissapointment that was.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea that made no sense at all if arya was the plan why was she running around the castle almost being killed throughout the whole siege? Its just more garbage writing geared towards giving the popular characters their big win moments over writing that makes any sense at all.

thanks, Dabid and Dabid
Lol lol. What are you on about? He journey through series lead up to this.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The only thing dissapointing here was lack the of sadness I felt. They used to be much better at that. But this was so much better than Endgame I saw a few days ago. What a dissapointment that was.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol lol. What are you on about? He journey through series lead up to this.
what does that have to do with what i actually said? Nothing.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Okay I'm here! I finally watched the last episode andddddddddd....

oh boy that was a perfection. Like I recently said, it's so huge and important to have a great build up for the show/movie. Getting connected with the chars, their storyline, their life, emotions etc. Works wonders when you see yourself in some of them, understand them and also spend years of watching and waiting for the stuff to come out. The intensity that this story builds come in these episodes and it's wonderful. It feels like puzzle is getting straight in the place it needs it to be.

As for the episode itself it was brilliant. A dark setup which I liked and what suited the episode, cold, silence and powerful shots ended up being way, way too impressive and some of the best stuff that was filmed in such way. Truly unique and incredible. I literally enjoyed every minute of it while every minute kept getting better and better. You could feel the fear, remorse, deep emotions, will to survive, fear of death, friendship and pretty much every single that that matters in life. War itself was amazing and a true eye candy. Dragons were badass, so was the fire, but it's the characters that made me appreciate the big scene. It felt like I had my heart down my throat while watching, couldn't even blink in some scenes while once I noticed I held a bottle of water while having no idea when I took it. Episode overall had amazing music but last 15 minutes were a masterpiece led by an incredible piano during the hardest period of battle. I actually liked the red lady and what she did, even Arya who did her job.

As for the NK, I expect further development and explanation over him.

What I also liked is when this happened. Majority of tv shows would literally make this the last episode followed by 5 minutes extra of hugging and some random wedding. I'm glad there are more episodes. But man, it was really great to watch this episode. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)