Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (10 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Not only is is a bad thing, it totally doesn't make sense, a kings number one duty in the middle ages is to war, the scheming only rears its head in times of transition, of course the North will elect a warrior king why the heck would they pick someone who can barely(pun intended) ride a horse in a time where there's a good chance the species might go extinct. Daenerys is where she is only because she has dragons, agents independent of herself. She is as good a ruler as her father. Yara of basically a man who only got where she is because of her brother's genital mutilation, imagine the outrage if that mutilation was done to a female character. The fact is throughout history women did rule but they were smart enough to know they had to do it mostly behind the scenes, both for practical and safety reasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Not only is is a bad thing, it totally doesn't make sense, a kings number one duty in the middle ages is to war, the scheming only rears its head in times of transition, of course the North will elect a warrior king why the heck would they pick someone who can barely(pun intended) ride a horse in a time where there's a good chance the species might go extinct. Daenerys is where she is only because she has dragons, agents independent of herself. She is as good a ruler as her father. Yara of basically a man who only got where she is because of her brother's genital mutilation, imagine the outrage if that mutilation was done to a female character. The fact is throughout history women did rule but they were smart enough to know they had to do it mostly behind the scenes, both for practical and safety reasons.
Yara legitimately lost a kings moot/

- - - Updated - - -

This season went full feminism. It felt too forced.
:agree:

A lot of the dialogue felt out of place as if they modernised everyone and put them back into this world. Everyone suddenly had modern sensibilities (bar the bad guys)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yara literally lost the Kingsmoot because she was a woman, despite being more than capable at fighting.

Also, Westeros is not 100% identical to our middle ages, even if the world is of course heavily derived from it.

I mean the Sand Snakes at Dorne are legitimately bad and make no sense whatsoever, but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

A lot of the dialogue felt out of place as if they modernised everyone and put them back into this world. Everyone suddenly had modern sensibilities (bar the bad guys)
Some dialogue this season did feel out of place in the setting of the show.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is your logest post. Ever!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yara literally lost the Kingsmoot because she was a woman, despite being more than capable at fighting.

Also, Westeros is not 100% identical to our middle ages, even if the world is of course heavily derived from it.

I mean the Sand Snakes at Dorne are legitimately bad and make no sense whatsoever, but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

She lost the kingsmoot in the show for that reason yes. Not in the books.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I thought the discussion was solely about show tbh.

If not, a lot of the other criticisms become invalid, as it's either completely different in the books or hasn't happened yet.
I just think it was another push of their obvious anti man agenda. Ruined a good character as well.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Who would have thought it would be dragons and genital mutilation that would finally get X to write a long post?
He doesn't need to tho. He writes smarter things with one liners than I do with an essay. :D

But yeah, he loves GoT. And as for GoT, it's literally the only tv show ever made (movies included) that offers so much space for discussion. It's like a new world with different people/politics.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He doesn't need to tho. He writes smarter things with one liners than I do with an essay. :D

But yeah, he loves GoT. And as for GoT, it's literally the only tv show ever made (movies included) that offers so much space for discussion. It's like a new world with different people/politics.
Nah, it's great, but show that lead to most discussions I seen was Lost :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Yara literally had a shot at the kingdom because she was a woman, let's not forget theon spent majority of life as a hostage because he was the only male offspring of balon still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

This is your logest post. Ever!
:D after work out high

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Fuck that. DULE4LIFE! X writes too many one-liners. It's really annoying!

And as for GoT, it's literally the only tv show ever made (movies included) that offers so much space for discussion. It's like a new world with different people/politics.
Meh. :D Most of it is just theories about possible plot development. And since the show is based on plot twists, the discussion ain't that interesting, in my opinion. :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yara literally had a shot at the kingdom because she was a woman, let's not forget theon spent majority of life as a hostage because he was the only male offspring of balon still alive.
I still don't see your feminist angle.

Yara stayed at the Islands because she was a woman, had a brief shot at becoming the ruler because the only other male heir didn't want to become king and because she's had a ton of experience ruling and leading men into battle, and lost because another male heir showed up.

Nothing unlogical in my eyes whatsoever imo.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Yara stayed at the Islands because she was a woman, had a brief shot at becoming the ruler because the only other male heir didn't want to become king and because she's had a ton of experience ruling and leading men into battle, and lost because another male heir showed up.

Yara is theons older sister, had she been a boy she would have been dead like her older brothers or be the one in winterfell. So everything that followed was only possible because she was a woman so let's not make this look like some female victimized by patriorchy.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Come on, dude. It all changed vastly in this season. Only someone who read Judith Butler can't see that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)