Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (12 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Free folk don't use armor, that's the narrative I used to overcome this plothole anyway. Another one is: Why did Ramsay not shoot Jon instead of finishing off Wun Wun who was going to die regardless?
That is true, but the wildings joined a real army afters, even if its random small houses/clans. Someone should have had the forethought to equip their prize asset. But then again, they were all surrounded by big shield wearing Boltons/Umbers/Karstarks, and I didnt see a SINGLE soldier in Jons army have a shield, so maybe is too much to expect equipment from them...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
People are going completely crazy and calling it the best episode in the series. People even call it one of the best pieces of tv ever. I've gotten old, then, cause I think that's a huge overstatement. This season is better than last season, though.
Oh, and Sansa is obviously pregnant.

- - - Updated - - -

This was more like a typical tv fantasy show episode, not a Martin story. Ending was funny though.
They pretty much copied the Battle of Helms Deep. It was cool, though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People are going completely crazy and calling it the best episode in the series. People even call it one of the best pieces of tv ever. I've gotten old, then, cause I think that's a huge overstatement. This season is better than last season, though.
Oh, and Sansa is obviously pregnant.

- - - Updated - - -

They pretty much copied the Battle of Helms Deep. It was cool, though.
:tup:

It's one of the better episodes in this show. I think part of it is the immediacy, freshness. People always have a tendency to overrate things immediately after seeing them. Another part of it is it feels like a culmination of years waiting for this battle, for Ramsay to get his. So fulfilling in a sense.

But nowhere near one of the best tv episodes of all time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I watched it with my brother and said "wait for Gandalf to turn up" once they were all surrounded, it was too predictable, which is not typical for the show.
But isn't that unpredictable in its own right?

I mean, the writer and show have constantly gone out of their way to pick the most unlikely outcome, to always try to surprise and be unpredictable... to kill off the characters you want to survive, and elevate the characters you want to die, with exceptions of course...

Is it really a problem that things sometimes seem scripted and overly predictable? Life is like that sometimes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I mean, the writer and show have constantly gone out of their way to pick the most unlikely outcome, to always try to surprise and be unpredictable... to kill off the characters you want to survive, and elevate the characters you want to die, with exceptions of course...

Is it really a problem that things sometimes seem scripted and overly predictable? Life is like that sometimes.
Maybe, all seemed a little scripted to me. I did enjoy it though.

Aug 26, 2014
What if Littlefinger arrived earlier and waited so more northerners die so he can have the upper hand latter on

i read this and its quite interesting because he would definitely do something like that

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
More like the battle for Pelennor because in Helms Deep Aragorn knew that Gandalf was coming with reinforcements
That wasn't a given. But the scene itself was like Helm's Deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. The plot twists got out of hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)