Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (37 Viewers)

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
"While Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) weighs his options, Cersei (Lena Headey) answers a request. Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage) plans bear fruit. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a new test. Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod."

Arya faces a new test.

I hope that was a pun intended

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
well if she ends up being his sister than I'm sure she will have some significant role in later events by helping bran/ fighting wight walkers/ riding dragons etc.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
My tinfol-hat senses are tingling... Here's another one:

Venture not beyond this point, lest you also be inflicted with tinfoil-hatitis

Dont say I didnt warn you...
So here are a few things which are interesting about the waif.

She is only seen by either Jaqen H'ghar or by Arya.
She has a very incredible back story, much like Mercy or Cat of the Canals.
She know's what Arya is doing, all the time. She knows when she lies. She can tell where she is.
She tries to force Arya to leave. She makes her insecure.

So here's my theory, get some tinfoil..

The waif is Arya. Arya is suffering from some sort of bi-polar dissociative identity disorder. A case can be made that when Arya came to the House of Black and White, the water that she drank induced this in her. In a way, The Waif is no one. Her only mission is to kill off Arya, the inner Arya, the one who can never be one of them.

This is why Jaqen H'ghar always wants the Waif to leave the room before he begins talking to Arya. He essentially wants Arya to stop behaving in a dual personality manner. He just wants to talk to Arya. So the Waif leaves. Just when Arya is alone, she appears again.

When the waif asks Jaqen H'ghar, "You PROMISED", it's actually Arya. Arya has finally asked to kill her inner self. Al lot of people have observed that Jaqen H'ghar looks a bit pleased with himself when he permits the Waif.
-catNamedStupidity

A reward for your bravery

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That's actually a pretty cool theory and Arya killing her old self fits with the whole "girl has no name" philosophy that is being pushed. Still i think its a bit of a stretch, if she were supposed to kill her old self and become someone knew shouldnt she (or the audience) being seeing at least some of this through the Waifs eyes and not hers? furthermore, if it was a real attempt to kill her then why was it so poorly done? for being a pro assassin the waif (or Arya) sure did a shitty job even though she was armed and totally had the drop on Arya. Either way im pretty sure there was far more going on in that bridge scene then first appears cause if that was a real attempt and Arya just survived that was pretty weak

On a different note I hope the Blackfish survives and plays a big role in things to come. I kind of hate how they've killed off most of the badass, wise, experienced characters (people like Mance Rayder, Jeor Mormont, Stannis, Selmay, Tywin, Catlyn) in favor of a bunch of fuckin kids and cucks.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's actually a pretty cool theory and Arya killing her old self fits with the whole "girl has no name" philosophy that is being pushed. Still i think its a bit of a stretch, if she were supposed to kill her old self and become someone knew shouldnt she (or the audience) being seeing at least some of this through the Waifs eyes and not hers? furthermore, if it was a real attempt to kill her then why was it so poorly done? for being a pro assassin the waif (or Arya) sure did a shitty job even though she was armed and totally had the drop on Arya. Either way im pretty sure there was far more going on in that bridge scene then first appears cause if that was a real attempt and Arya just survived that was pretty weak

On a different note I hope the Blackfish survives and plays a big role in things to come. I kind of hate how they've killed off most of the badass, wise, experienced characters (people like Mance Rayder, Jeor Mormont, Stannis, Selmay, Tywin, Catlyn) in favor of a bunch of fuckin kids and cucks.
:agree:

Add Ned Stark, Roose Bolton, and even Oberyn Martell there. They've killed off all the badass characters for a bunch of young and mostly impulsively stupid cunts. It makes the show come across as kind of lame that all these very experienced, wise, and badass characters are killed off by idiots...

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014

Sigh... Youre going to make me bring out my tinfoil hat again...

the one thing that hit me real hard when thinking about the theory is the following:

Video for reference.

So here is the scenario:

1. Arya just got slashed in the abdominal region, a fairly deep wound, though doesn't seem to be deep enough to have reached any major organs, but still would cause considerable hemorrhage

2. Arya got stabbed twice in the abdominal region, one with a twist, the shiv itself is long enough to have caused a considerable amount of hemorrhage

3. Arya jumps into the canal, finds her way back to land, and what the first frame we see when shes up and at it?
  • Blood dripping from the wounds, so logically Arya should me creating a blood trail right?

• But there isn't one, maybe because there is no blood to begin with.

Okay that argument is very weak I admit (and could just be attributed to directing mistakes), but the next point will be much better in supporting the theory:

• Why is no one caring for a bleeding, frightened girl wandering the streets?
  • Why was nobody caring for her when she was blind and being abusively beaten up by the waif?

• The second question already has been answered in the show: nobody can see the waif, all they were seeing was a blind girl acting very strangely.
  • So using that to answer the 1st question; nobody cares because they don't see what we see, all they see is a girl acting weirdly while holding on to her abdomen.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Add Ned Stark, Roose Bolton, and even Oberyn Martell there. They've killed off all the badass characters for a bunch of young and mostly impulsively stupid cunts. It makes the show come across as kind of lame that all these very experienced, wise, and badass characters are killed off by idiots...
I agree that all these characters are badass, but thats what George RR Martin wants in his show/books; Anyone can and will die as it is in real life. valar morghulis

Ill use keywords to describe what each death of these characters should be related to
1. Mance: Sacrifice
2. Mormont: Betrayal
3. Stannis: Desperation
4. Selmy: Over-numbered, Loyalty
5. Tywin: Arrogance, continuous Child Abuse, & Abandonment
6. Catlyn: Betrayal (on both ends if you consider that her son broke his oath)
7. Ned: Rashness, Betrayal, Kindness, Honor
8. Roose: Child Abuse & Abandonment
9. Oberyn: Rage, Stubbornness, Arrogance

Most, if not all of these deaths make sense, all these people played the game poorly, even if it were only for a tiny second.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sigh... Youre going to make me bring out my tinfoil hat again...

the one thing that hit me real hard when thinking about the theory is the following:

Video for reference.

So here is the scenario:

1. Arya just got slashed in the abdominal region, a fairly deep wound, though doesn't seem to be deep enough to have reached any major organs, but still would cause considerable hemorrhage

2. Arya got stabbed twice in the abdominal region, one with a twist, the shiv itself is long enough to have caused a considerable amount of hemorrhage

3. Arya jumps into the canal, finds her way back to land, and what the first frame we see when shes up and at it?
  • Blood dripping from the wounds, so logically Arya should me creating a blood trail right?

• But there isn't one, maybe because there is no blood to begin with.

Okay that argument is very weak I admit (and could just be attributed to directing mistakes), but the next point will be much better in supporting the theory:

• Why is no one caring for a bleeding, frightened girl wandering the streets?
  • Why was nobody caring for her when she was blind and being abusively beaten up by the waif?

• The second question already has been answered in the show: nobody can see the waif, all they were seeing was a blind girl acting very strangely.
  • So using that to answer the 1st question; nobody cares because they don't see what we see, all they see is a girl acting weirdly while holding on to her abdomen.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that all these characters are badass, but thats what George RR Martin wants in his show/books; Anyone can and will die as it is in real life. valar morghulis

Ill use keywords to describe what each death of these characters should be related to
1. Mance: Sacrifice
2. Mormont: Betrayal
3. Stannis: Desperation
4. Selmy: Over-numbered, Loyalty
5. Tywin: Arrogance, continuous Child Abuse, & Abandonment
6. Catlyn: Betrayal (on both ends if you consider that her son broke his oath)
7. Ned: Rashness, Betrayal, Kindness, Honor
8. Roose: Child Abuse & Abandonment
9. Oberyn: Rage, Stubbornness, Arrogance

Most, if not all of these deaths make sense, all these people played the game poorly, even if it were only for a tiny second.
yea but any character whose had a significant part on the show is guilty of a few of these things at time or another. Doesnt mean they had to whack off so many of the best characters

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
yea but any character whose had a significant part on the show is guilty of a few of these things at time or another. Doesnt mean they had to whack off so many of the best characters
True. Anyway, I actually enjoy that the show is unpredictable with the deaths like that, it annoys the shit out of me when a main character or the protagonist defies all logic and survives miraculously.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
True. Anyway, I actually enjoy that the show is unpredictable with the deaths like that, it annoys the shit out of me when a main character or the protagonist defies all logic and survives miraculously.
but GOT has plenty of that too...it was only first few seasons that you really couldn't tell

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
but GOT has plenty of that too...it was only first few seasons that you really couldn't tell
Especially now that the asoiaf juice has run out, the writing isn't as powerful and the events are also not as good (Dorne...)

Im planning to read the books soon, hopefully they live up to their reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)