Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (60 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
jeeebus christ it took me 5 hours to watch this episode. Got bored like every 10 minutes and had to do something else for an hour

so annoyed by the King's Landing plotline

Samwell's plot was the only decent thing altho it bears no relevance to the great scheme of events I guess

did anybody else expect the Ironborn show up behind that rock right after they were discussing how many ships they needed?

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Theory - Jaqen h'ghar is actually the actress that plays cersei?

The assignment was a test imo. If you look at any of the other folks killed by the faceless men, they're either bad people who deserved it or asked for it (like those who drink the poison water). The actress doesn't qualify for this as she has been chosen simply out of the other actress' jealousy. The actors also talk about 'changing the script', I think this has a lot of relevance regarding the faceless men and their objectives alongside Ayra's own objectives.

Jaqen said it himself that Ayra would not become a faceless man but something else, he still knows that her intentions are to kill for her own reasons which in his view point could be just.

The way the actress talks to Ayra suggests it to, talking about pretending to be someone else and how she is the only one to take any interest in her whereas the other actors don't seem to, or at least not nearly as much so.

Jaqen also says that one way or another a face will be added, I believe this will be that of the Waif's and not Ayra's.

I could be wrong of course but I think that if Jaqen really intended to have Ayra killed , he'd do it himself. I know the he and the Waif mentioned something about an agreement but I think he was doing that to draw her out, show her up as such and probably knows the Ayra is fully capable of winning the fight.
:tup: cool interpretation

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly hope they don't show it as Bran having had a hand in more than one or at most two important past event.

I actually kinda hate that they've introduced time travel into the series anyways, showing the past is fine, but being able to incfluence it (even in some sort of "closing the loop" way) makes everything seem a bit cheap tbh
Except it's a closed loop time travel, which is not the let's change the past kind, so it's not so bad

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think a key problem with these episodes is the fact that there is a lot of "modern sensibility" in the way these characters are now written. Especially from the women lately. It doesnt fit in.
This. Annoys the fuck out of me kills the sense of the world that had been created

The tarwell family drama was a little too "how dare you bring minority girl into my house"

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This. Annoys the fuck out of me kills the sense of the world that had been created

The tarwell family drama was a little too "how dare you bring minority girl into my house"
I just liked how the wife asked if a certain someone was the head of house umber. Implying she wouldn't know.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I also hate what a sap tommen is. Is there a person in kings landing who cant boss him around? In the scene where tywin was questioning him after joffreys death they made it seem like he could be an interesting maybe tactful king but hes such a weak character

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
the leaked titles of the last 3 episodes of this season:

8. no one (surely about arya)
9. the battle of the bastards (jon vs ramsay)
10. the winds of winter (the others approaching/crossing the wall)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Except it's a closed loop time travel, which is not the let's change the past kind, so it's not so bad
Yeah that makes it not as bad (said as much in the brackets), but it still changes how I think about the whole series. I mean you could now interpret dozens of past events as being caused by Bran, the 3 Eyed Raven, or some other Greenseer.

Theory - Jaqen h'ghar is actually the actress that plays cersei?

The assignment was a test imo. If you look at any of the other folks killed by the faceless men, they're either bad people who deserved it or asked for it (like those who drink the poison water). The actress doesn't qualify for this as she has been chosen simply out of the other actress' jealousy. The actors also talk about 'changing the script', I think this has a lot of relevance regarding the faceless men and their objectives alongside Ayra's own objectives.

Jaqen said it himself that Ayra would not become a faceless man but something else, he still knows that her intentions are to kill for her own reasons which in his view point could be just.

The way the actress talks to Ayra suggests it to, talking about pretending to be someone else and how she is the only one to take any interest in her whereas the other actors don't seem to, or at least not nearly as much so.

Jaqen also says that one way or another a face will be added, I believe this will be that of the Waif's and not Ayra's.

I could be wrong of course but I think that if Jaqen really intended to have Ayra killed , he'd do it himself. I know the he and the Waif mentioned something about an agreement but I think he was doing that to draw her out, show her up as such and probably knows the Ayra is fully capable of winning the fight.
I'm pretty sure that Arya ends up killing the Waif and that that is probably intended by Jaqen too, but I can't see him being the actress, that's probably just some random woman. Maybe also chosen specifically for Arya so she has to confront her past with the play.

Also, the Faceless Men are basically an order of contract killers, though with some cult & motivations of their own and very very expensive. But they would abosutely kill just about anyone, no matter how good or evil, if the price is right.

I also hate what a sap tommen is. Is there a person in kings landing who cant boss him around? In the scene where tywin was questioning him after joffreys death they made it seem like he could be an interesting maybe tactful king but hes such a weak character
That's kinda the point of his character. Complete antithesis to Joffrey.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Let's not forget that Tommen is a 16 year old who lacked a father figure his whole life. He's always been the kind and sensitive one in the family

He's obviously going to be dyed in the sparrow's colors when the sparrow is the closest thing to a father he has. Yes, he is naive but he's also very young and not familiar with the "Game of Thrones."

- - - Updated - - -

Picture is from when his sister departs to Dorne.

Attachments

• 85.5 KB Views: 2

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Let's not forget that Tommen is a 16 year old who lacked a father figure his whole life. He's always been the kind and sensitive one in the family

He's obviously going to be dyed in the sparrow's colors when the sparrow is the closest thing to a father he has. Yes, he is naive but he's also very young and not familiar with the "Game of Thrones."

- - - Updated - - -

Picture is from when his sister departs to Dorne.
Tommen is playing us all, he too is acting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)