Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (31 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Holy fuck. I missed the episode last night and just watched it now.

I think that was my most enjoyable viewing of someone dying on screen. :D

As for the killer, I think it has to be either the Martell's, Tyrell's or Cersei.

My reasoning behind thinking its Cersei is because she doesn't want her family to lose control of Westeros. Joffrey was obviously a mad king who would easily be influenced by the sly Tyrell family. Also when Tyrion picks up the bottle of wine to pour for Joffrey you can see Cersei in the background which may be foreshadowing something. Also, didn't Cersei tell that guy (I forgot his name) to give all the leftovers to the dogs and said she was queen? At first I didn't think much of it just that she was a cunt, but now that Joffrey is dead she resumes as being Queen regent of Westeros I believe.

I don't know just my 2 cents. I'm probably so wrong. :D

But crazy episode.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Nah dirty marge will be Queen, they already married.

- - - Updated - - -

Think about the necklace choosing thing that Marge and the sly grandma did then she was given a necklace by the former knight and now fool.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its the very definition of spoiler, you told us information we dont have yet from the tv series, which you got from the book. Its not earth shattering reveal, but it is a spoiler. I was looking forward to knowing about the killer next episode, not anymore because of you, might not even know this season, the one after, or ever based on what you spoiled.

Please avoid saying anything else that you know from the books, even indirectly.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:lol: Cersei?
Her own son?

Winter is coming Lannister fucks!
Think about it, she was losing everything with this marriage, Margaery had her claws in Joff and Cercei was marrying the sir buttsex, losing her regnant position and in general unsatisfied with everything. Plus she gets to frame Tyrion.and get her vengeance there.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think it all comes to down to who gains control in this power vacuum now. If Margaery Tyrell becomes queen due to her marriage then I think its most likely House Tyrell that planned the killing. If Cersei becomes queen regent due to Margaery not bearing any of Joffrey's children, I think Cersei has the most to gain. There's always the chance of the Martell family as well I guess.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Think about it, she was losing everything with this marriage, Margaery had her claws in Joff and Cercei was marrying the sir buttsex, losing her regnant position and in general unsatisfied with everything. Plus she gets to frame Tyrion.and get her vengeance there.
No Brate just no

I think it all comes to down to who gains control in this power vacuum now. If Margaery Tyrell becomes queen due to her marriage then I think its most likely House Tyrell that planned the killing. If Cersei becomes queen regent due to Margaery not bearing any of Joffrey's children, I think Cersei has the most to gain. There's always the chance of the Martell family as well I guess.
Wut? Margaery will be Queen anyways, no logic for her family to kill Joffrey.
The Martells could be a susect but their business is with the Mountain atm, like Oberyn said in the first episode.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
So is Margaery going to be married to Joff's brother now seeing that she kinda gets tossed around from king to king? Anyway, he doesn't seem to be an asshole like Joff so maybe they will make a better King and Queen... And yes, you bet my mind has been on GoT all of this morning and all of yesterday. :p

My coworker thinks LF is the killer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oberyn outwardly threatened Cersei in last episode, with her daughter Marcella, and reminded Tywin quite cooly of what he holds him accountable for. So no, he isnt only interested in the mountain, but still doubt this would be his style, poisoning the little twerp.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
rewatched the episode and now im beginning to think the poison was in the cake :D

If you notice joffrey gets an extremely odd look on his face as soon as he tastes the cake and swallows it quickly as if to get over said taste. He then almost instantly insists that the cake is dry and that he needs more wine. Within seconds he goes down...

seems to me like maybe he tasted the poison which killed him

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: Cersei certainly has the most motive now that her younger more influenceable son is king
:lol:sir buttsex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)