Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (30 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
No way. Tywin, Tyrion, Baelish and Varys were the most the most interesting political characters of GoT, they have had non-existent roles this season.
That's not really the problem.

It's just that the show now features much more story arcs and settings now, and in 60 minutes per episode it's just impossible to really portray the complexity of the situations in a nuanced manner, while that wasn't such a problem in the earlier seasons. Therefore, there's a lot of simplification, and scenes get dumbed down in order to still provide enough meaning to the plot development or a character arc, which makes them seem much more cliched and Soap-opery.

- - - Updated - - -

Rather weak episode overall imo.

And Tyrion escapes yet another near-death scenario, who would've thought.

I just started watching the latest ep. They better be throwing us off track with the Jon as a Targaryen. Otherwise they are shoving it down our throats too much for my liking. "The last Targaryen alive, what a horrible thing" *Jon walks in*
I think it's mainly to accustom non-book readers who don't really know the story of Lysa & Rhaegan in the first place. They'd be fucking confused otherwise.

Or the theory isn't actually true, and the showrunners just wanna fuck with people by putting in that much foreshadowing :D

I do like Stannis, and I hope he wins the whole thing.
:agree:

Him or Littlefinger.

- - - Updated - - -

And http://imgur.com/a/umg5H :D

- - - Updated - - -

And the actor who played Ser Barristan is apparently really pissed about the latest developments concerning his character :D
Tried for along time to talk the showrunners out of it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Ocelot he wrote a long letter to them saying how he disagrees, doesnt make sense, they should change it etc (bit presumptious for an actor) when they told him this decision in production. And in one of the interviews/discussions the showrunners has, they were asked couple months ago which actor/character would you like to kill, and they said, just one, total dick, without mentionning name (since it month before airing), and described how he was sending them letter and protesting etc. Must mean him lol. And with how they were making fun of him, it kinda made themselves look like the dicks really.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=18469" target="_blank">Ocelot</a> he wrote a long letter to them saying how he disagrees, doesnt make sense, they should change it etc (bit presumptious for an actor) when they told him this decision in production. And in one of the interviews/discussions the showrunners has, they were asked couple months ago which actor/character would you like to kill, and they said, just one, total dick, without mentionning name (since it month before airing), and described how he was sending them letter and protesting etc. Must mean him lol. And with how they were making fun of him, it kinda made themselves look like the dicks really.
Yeah I heard about that, he talks about it hear in case anyone else wants to know:

Don't wanna judge people from such anecdotal stories, I don't know how it really went down, but that did make them seem like arrogant assholes.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I don't understand all the upset. Just like any picturization of any novel there are minor or major plot differences. Many of my favourite books were crippled, too. Just learn to consider Show and Book as two different stories takng place in the same universe.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
First of all, I haven't read the books so only heard about deviations second-hand.

Secondly, the differences between book & show aren't the problem here, more the specific change as well as how they treated the actor. I mean this guy is apparently an avid book reader and fan, didn't agree with the decision to kill the character off and had enough commitment to write a full letter explaining his reasons, why Barristan was important to the plot, the other characters, etc. The response from the two shorunners was just "Nah lol, we're gonna kill you". They even laugh about him and his efforts in other interviews.

Thirdly, his death was just poorly handled imo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Fuck every episode has been a cock blocker. SO much build up then it ends.

Theo is going to snap: Either he or Sansa will take Ramsey's life.
Arya needs too get her shit rolling quickly.
Fucking hell Geoffry and this new king were/are pussies. The "king" is an annoying little bitch. Time to grow a spine.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The days Cercei and Ramsay die will be 2 of the best days in GoT history.

Also seriously Littlefinger left his precious Kat Jr. to be raped and treated like a whore :lol:. This guy deserves to be killed by Bane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)