Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (114 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
every season has a shocking episode 9 and a calm episode 10 where nothing really happens.

season 1 episode 9 = Nedd Stark dies
season 2 episode 9 = Blackwater battle
season 3 episode 9 = faggotry beyond anything ever seen

Episode 10 IS NOT A SEASON FINALE in GoT. Not in the classic "OMG HOLY SHIT" sense. That role is for episode 9.
In the interest of fairness, I gotta point out that S1E10 has that OMG moment when the dragons were born, and S2E10 has the White Walkers. BUT, IMO S3E9's OMG moment was so huge that E10 didn't need to have more OMG moments. Wrapping up old storylines and setting up new ones was a nice way to keep us waiting for S4.

May 22, 2007
Are there any Loyal Bannermen left in the north? To the starks I mean. Yeah the tulley's will be pissed hey.
A lot of the North men would be loyal to the Starks, but with Robb gone and only Sansa and Arya known to be alive, they don't really have an option.

Sansa marrying Tyrion also puts them in a bad place, which is why Tywin wants them to make babies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
"Monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies." Fucking yellow haired idiot was raging with anger and fear all at the same time :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Episode sucked balls for a finale, I say that despite expecting a calm and not so eventful episode, just to tie the knot of few plot lines (as it did), but man, was a buzz kill. Except Tyrion and Tywin dialogue, brief awesomeness with Arya and the Hound, it was pretty meh. Though I'm officially stoked that now I can root for Stannis for real again with him going to ze north, having real purpose instead of being pussy whipped, and oh Davos is the man.

Brann finishing with that line about guest was great though, but I was so hoping, illogical I know, to just see Blackfish pop out of nowhere and skin Walder Frey alive...

P.S Was that not the most bittersweet use of "You know nothing Jon Snow" EVER? Damn, the hurt was just pouring out of that line that has been nothing but a joke meme until that usage.

- - - Updated - - -

"Monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies." Fucking yellow haired idiot was raging with anger and fear all at the same time :D
Tywin staring down that little rabies infected evil pup and sending him to bed is the single most reason why Tywin is possibly the best character on this show. Not most likeable (not even close), but possibly the best.

Apr 15, 2006
I loved how EVERYONE on the table was silent when Jeoffrey was looking for some support after Tyrion said that. :D

P.S Was that not the most bittersweet use of "You know nothing Jon Snow" EVER? Damn, the hurt was just pouring out of that line that has been nothing but a joke meme until that usage.
YES!!! Poor Ygritte! :sad:

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #2,275
    Tywin staring down that little rabies infected evil pup and sending him to bed is the single most reason why Tywin is possibly the best character on this show. Not most likeable (not even close), but possibly the best.
    Man, I <3 Tywin. Every scene with him in spectacular.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yep, so far the most exciting dialogue scenes have been Tywin and Arya, and Tywin and Tyrion. Best bet of ensuring awesome dialogue scenes next season is just having Tywin in em.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    In the interest of fairness, I gotta point out that S1E10 has that OMG moment when the dragons were born, and S2E10 has the White Walkers. BUT, IMO S3E9's OMG moment was so huge that E10 didn't need to have more OMG moments. Wrapping up old storylines and setting up new ones was a nice way to keep us waiting for S4.
    Meh I would only classify them as typical cliffhangers as both were the very last scenes of the season while the s01e10 and s02e10 were calm episodes all in all. Nedd's beheading and the battle were still the OMG moments of the year. This time we didn't have a major cliffhanger though unless you count Jar Jar Binks being part of Game of Throne one :p. It's nothing to worry about I think.

Apr 15, 2006
    Meh I would only classify them as typical cliffhangers as both were the very last scenes of the season while the s01e10 and s02e10 were calm episodes all in all. Nedd's beheading and the battle were still the OMG moments of the year. This time we didn't have a major cliffhanger though unless you count Jar Jar Binks being part of Game of Throne one :p. It's nothing to worry about I think.
    Nah, man. It's all about THE END!!! That VERY FINAL SCENE that should leave the viewers thinking, about the scene and the future implications, for DAYS to come. THAT was present in S1 and 2 but not in this one. And my point is that this episode didn't need one.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    In most tv series the final scene is the WTF HOLY SHIT moment of the whole season but this is not the in GoT as such moments always happen in episode 9. In GoT the final scene is just a thing that tells us what will happen soon. This year we have it in Danny getting some religious following.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)