Galatasaray - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Aug 28, 2003
I knew you would get me wrong. I meant its easy for you to support a rich European team like Juventus all the way from Panama, but how about supporting a team from your own country?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by waq_attack ] ++
I knew you would get me wrong. I meant its easy for you to support a rich European team like Juventus all the way from Panama, but how about supporting a team from your own country?
No dude, i didnt get you wrong. I understood very well. You was the one that didnt undertood my sarcastic reply.

I support a team from my country of course, but here are not wonderfull teams like juve ,and wonderful leagues like the CL.

But I simply love juve ;)

Aug 28, 2003
I see well I could never do that my pride over my country and my team is too strong. Even if my club was an amateur team I would still support them and them only.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I see well I could never do that my pride over my country and my team is too strong. Even if my club was an amateur team I would still support them and them only.
That's how the world consists of 6 billion different people ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But in my position is different. My country is not in europe so..

If i had a team from my country, that have to play against Juventus in the CL, ill be surely supporting the team of my country, because beat juventus is an honour.

and then Juventus as a second team.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Alex is right, we're all different and thats not how some of us see it. Football is just entertainment, and I see no problem in someone choosing the best team to support. For what other reasons would you support a team, because of the players hair? I personaly dont support any teams from my country (Bosnia), mostly because it's on the level of Italian Serie C2, where most teams dont even have real stadiums, where almost half the referees are bribed, where th FA is run by a bunch of uncapable criminals. Football is just entertainment. Why should I settle for mediocre entertainment, when I can have the best?

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
well said GOAT!

Im from Poland and the only team from poland that i really support is the National team thats it. I dont even know most of the teams that play in polish league b/c they suck.

The only team that i will always support and love is JUVE!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
Im from Poland and the only team from poland that i really support is the National team thats it. I dont even know most of the teams that play in polish league b/c they suck.

The only team that i will always support and love is JUVE!
Exactly, I only support the NT (even tho they too suck :down:). Why should I support teams that never cut the grass on the field, they just let cows take care of it :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++

well said GOAT!
Thanks man. I dont know whats gotten into me, I actually have a few good, smart posts behind me lately, imstead of my usual rambling :D ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Alex is right, we're all different and thats not how some of us see it. Football is just entertainment, and I see no problem in someone choosing the best team to support. For what other reasons would you support a team, because of the players hair? I personaly dont support any teams from my country (Bosnia), mostly because it's on the level of Italian Serie C2, where most teams dont even have real stadiums, where almost half the referees are bribed, where th FA is run by a bunch of uncapable criminals. Football is just entertainment. Why should I settle for mediocre entertainment, when I can have the best?
Very well said. I, for one, do't see myself ever supporting the 'National Soccer League', because the standard of the game is so low. Everyone few seconds, the ball goes loose and rolls over to some part of the field that nobody's in, and it takes about 10 seconds to retrieve it and get on with the game... repeat cycle...

In other words, it's very boring stuff. Sure, it's close to home and it'd be more 'patriotic' to support the club that's from my city, but the fact is, football is about entertainment, and to me, supporting a great club, watching them win, and being able to talk about the club with fans all over the world is entertaining.

Of course, I support the Australian national team (even though I'm a Korean born in Australia), but that's as far as I'll go to stay close with my roots in the game of 'soccer'.

PS If the NT doesn't make it to WC 2006, I don't know how much longer I'll support this bunch of chokers :fero:

Aug 28, 2003
Guys here is the problem. You guys think ur country's team suck and that why u support Juve? Hollyyyy Molyyyyy. For example: If Italian army is stronger than Polish army and they happen to try to invade or take away something Poland will u cheer for Italian Army or Poland army? This divides Turks. Even if Galatasaray cant win a single game in 1 billion years still we will unconditionally support it. I know this is an entertainment but it is VERY EASY to PICK A STRONG team. Where is the challenge? Its like me picking Real Madrid now that Beckham is there. I dont know but do u guys see the point just a bit? please let me know and i know that everyone is free to choose whatever they like and everybody is different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)