• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
"We are Juventus and do not accept ultimatums,” slammed director of sport Alessio Secco.

“If [Udinese President Giampaolo] Pozzo considers D’Agostino is worth more than our offer, then he is free to sell him to someone else.”

channel4.com

Nice!
excellent, nice to see Secco sticking to his guns and not be forced to up our reasonable valuation of the player. this is exactly what he was slammed for NOT doing before and we all know he will be slammed for now growing balls

Yes, if he will buy defenders i will be satisfied!!
In fact i will be satisfied, even if we dont buy anyone else, if we dont have the money.
I just dont want to see us wasting money like we did up until now!

Actually, i wont even blame him even if we dont buy defenders.
He only takes orders from others. The problem with Secco is how he applies those orders.

His inability to sell players for decent sums (Tiago,Almiron) and buy decent players without overpaying for them is what infuriates me the most.
His inability to swiftly complete deals.
Also his inability to appease quality+prestigious players. (before Diego)
His mistakes giving away players for nothing and losing the control of player contracts (Criscito) are all Secco's fault.

But i wont blame him if our board decides to buy Dago instead of defenders!
If he keeps his current strategy and doesnt overpay, his duty is done!

So far i m pleased with Secco's acquisitions! And his strategy so far for the Dago deal. However the damage is already done, the money we had for the five year plan are gone and i dont think we can take them back.
I will be pleased if we at least minimize damages and Secco keeps it together until the end of the transfer window.
As i dont see any realistic chances that Secco is ever going to make up for those mistakes.
tbh Secco has learned as he goes and now he is finally showing some shrewdness in the market, he has not thrown all his eggs into one basket by going all out for D'ago but instead kept his options open and lined up REAL QUALITY as a plan B.
either of the 3 players we are linked with would provide quality in midfield, though as we all know this is NOT the area we desperately need to strengthen but after selling Mellberg and possibly getting rid of Grygera and Marchionni then i seriously doubt that this will be our last acquisition

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Well it now appears that D'Ago may be Firenze bound. This according to calciomercato.com in the last hour. This suggests that a deal may be completed on Melo by either Arsenal or Juventus in the next 24 hours.

Jan 22, 2009
D'Ago will stay at Udinese
Monday 6 July, 2009
Udinese President Giampaolo Pozzo has ended the longest transfer saga of the summer by saying Gaetano D'Agostino will not be moving to Juventus.

Udinese wanted the deal to go through for the player, but Juventus repeatedly failed to meet their asking price.

“I am sorry for the player who wanted Juve. I want to add that we have a moral obligation towards our players. If a big team is interested in them, we do everything possible to favour them. We have our conscience in place even in this respect,” Pozzo said.

“D'Agostino will 100 per cent not be going to Juve. This evening he will present himself at training camp and he will stay our player.

“I hope that he has a good season. Keeping hold of him doesn't frighten me even if he has expressed his desire to leave.

“I know him and, like all true champions, he is a professional and this story will be a motivate him.”

Asked if he had received any other offers for D'Agostino, Pozzo replied: “Not one offer, only some chatter. Nothing concrete.”

It's over!

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
bitch aint it? though in all honesty you have done nothing but insult people and pick fights since you joined
ok i have to agree with u about insulting others, especially ranieri.
BUT, there are also situations whereby people like JCk pick on me for wadeva reason and i feel that i have to talk back.

thank u 4 letting me know about my probs, i will work on that

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
it aint just you EVERYONE who posts from Goal.com has their post edited, it is the most ill-informed football website on the planet and the reaction some people had to their non-stories led ito it being banned completely from this forum

ok i have to agree with u about insulting others, especially ranieri.
BUT, there are also situations whereby people like JCk pick on me for wadeva reason and i feel that i have to talk back.

thank u 4 letting me know about my probs, i will work on that
well i certainly hope so, I actually hate banning anyone, unless they are spammers. first off though i believe you owe Jack an apology and then we can move on from this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)