Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
We should close this thread out of decency. Santos is taking advantage of the Neymar hype to drive up the price of Barbosa.

The guy hasn't even played at Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana to really see his potential.

Furthermore, Juve paying 20M for a 19 year old that is owned by God knows how many parties is not how this club does business.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is another unrealistic transfer like Gabriel Jesus.

It makes no sense for us to put real money down on a SA talent who offers no guarantees. We have to jump through all sorts of corrupt hoops just to get his signature and he's not exactly a generational talent either.

Our board rarely ever operates like this. A signing like this is such a shot in the dark. There are better versions of such a scenario in Europe still. For instance you could pay a little more and make a serious run at a SA talent like Correa who at least has shown he can play in Europe.

Disorder

May 20, 2004
@Disorder, you said you don't like him in some other thread? Why is that?
My problem with him is that he is an asshole. I'm not saying this just because he's a Santos player and I support Palmeiras, a lot of his fans and teammates also see him that way. He also complains way too much on the field and lets not forget he's playing in Brazil, a place where if you touch a player the referee blows his whistle. He will have to either change a lot his attitude or will get multiple red cards in Europe.

One example I can give you is that he got offended when a journalist compared him to Gabriel Jesus, replying that there is no comparison between them. Gabigol is talented but imo jesus will have a better career and show he's a better player.

For 20M he's worth the gamble, but 20M just for 40% is too much.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
My problem with him is that he is an asshole. I'm not saying this just because he's a Santos player and I support Palmeiras, a lot of his fans and teammates also see him that way. He also complains way too much on the field and lets not forget he's playing in Brazil, a place where if you touch a player the referee blows his whistle. He will have to either change a lot his attitude or will get multiple red cards in Europe.

One example I can give you is that he got offended when a journalist compared him to Gabriel Jesus, replying that there is no comparison between them. Gabigol is talented but imo jesus will have a better career and show he's a better player.

For 20M he's worth the gamble, but 20M just for 40% is too much.
:tup:

from the few vids i watched of both, GBJ seems to be more talented one and already a better player than Barbosa Blackbeard. too bad we cant get him instead

OP
rakib567

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
  • Thread Starter #136
    20m for 40% but rest 40% paid through wages. So if we pay him 2m for 5 years for example, thats 30m for 80% spread out in 5 years

- - - Updated - - -

So roughly 6m per year?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    :tup:

from the few vids i watched of both, GBJ seems to be more talented one and already a better player than Barbosa Blackbeard. too bad we cant get him instead
    A friend of mine who's been a Santos' supporter since the late 70's told me these exact words when I asked about Gabriel "He's no craque (I'm sure you know what it means) but he's a direct and objective player who might do things in not the most technical way but do it nonetheless. My feeling is that he'll get somewhere"

Now, see, those things, you never really know. If you had watched Robinho back in the day you'd be so certain he'd be huge. Technically speaking he was a monster, really talented. And it wasn't a matter of "duh lolzillian league", as an individual he was simply good. Why he never made it who knows. The fact Jesus has a fancier, more sophisticated style to his game could mean very little. But of course if the choice was given, I'd go for him instead of Gabriel.

The bit about him being arrogant is irrelevant. Argentina have had some of the most arrogant motherfuckers in the sport, it means nothing. And the reason he gets to do what he wants is because he's treated like a God in Brazil, players stopped giving a shit a long time ago, they want to leave. Once he moves to Europe and shit get real he has no choice but to change.

Neymar had an attitude over there, but how's he at Barcelona? Humble and disciplinary. He does his thing, which might anger some of the fuckers who don't realize skills are still part of the sport and you're meant to use it if you can pull it off, and nothing else.

Although I don't like 20M for 40%.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    A friend of mine who's been a Santos' supporter since the late 70's told me these exact words when I asked about Gabriel "He's no craque (I'm sure you know what it means) but he's a direct and objective player who might do things in not the most technical way but do it nonetheless. My feeling is that he'll get somewhere"

Now, see, those things, you never really know. If you had watched Robinho back in the day you'd be so certain he'd be huge. Technically speaking he was a monster, really talented. And it wasn't a matter of "duh lolzillian league", as an individual he was simply good. Why he never made it who knows. The fact Jesus has a fancier, more sophisticated style to his game could mean very little. But of course if the choice was given, I'd go for him instead of Gabriel.

The bit about him being arrogant is irrelevant. Argentina have had some of the most arrogant motherfuckers in the sport, it means nothing. And the reason he gets to do what he wants is because he's treated like a God in Brazil, players stopped giving a shit a long time ago, they want to leave. Once he moves to Europe and shit get real he has no choice but to change.

Neymar had an attitude over there, but how's he at Barcelona? Humble and disciplinary. He does his thing, which might anger some of the fuckers who don't realize skills are still part of the sport and you're meant to use it if you can pull it off, and nothing else.

Although I don't like 20M for 40%.
    thanks. those are things you dont see in highlight videos sometimes so maybe thats why Jesus looks better compared to him. your friend was a Santos supporter for so long, im sure hes seen it all, i have no choice but to trust him on this one. maybe i will find and watch some full games if rumours about him coming here heat up, to have a better impression on him.

agree about 20M being too much for 40%. but if we can spread the fee for his 40% over his wages (no idea how legit this is as im not sure how can he own 40% of his own contract), and get the rest 20% for some 10M, thats 30M total (his wages would be pretty high for a rookie from Brazil in that case probably). 30M is OK for a top Brazilian talent these days

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    I'll try to get some more info. He's been busy lately but he usually knows stuff before it goes to the big media regarding anything Santos-related. He knows some of the older people who works for the club. I'll share whatever news i can gather.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)