Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
:agree: 100%

People get so fixated on this traditional number 9 idea. It's nonsense.

We're clearly working towards building a modern attack predicated upon skilled forwards who can play all across the forward line.

And Dybala himself is very talented number 9, a position he played often before Juve, so it would be very easy for him to occupy that role if Mandzu was injured, and have someone like Gabigol or Pjaca partner him. Barbosa can also play as AM, a position he does quite well in.

Not to mention we can play a modern 4-3-3 with Pjaca-Dybala-Barbosa, which would be like a younger version of Barca's MSN attack.

$#@!. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.
I understand the logic, but the reality is that I don't see that happening under Allegri

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

We're clearly working towards building a modern attack predicated upon skilled forwards who can play all across the forward line.

And Dybala himself is very talented number 9, a position he played often before Juve, so it would be very easy for him to occupy that role if Mandzu was injured, and have someone like Gabigol or Pjaca partner him. Barbosa can also play as AM, a position he does quite well in.

Not to mention we can play a modern 4-3-3 with Pjaca-Dybala-Barbosa, which would be like a younger version of Barca's MSN attack.

Shit. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.
Exactly. Jesus christ how many options are we having here.

That 4-3-3 finally becomes a viable alternative, but its not as strong as other formations we can field. But its massive we can perfectly play another formation if tactically significant.

'Oh, so you play 3 at the back ? Here, go play 1for1 with 3 skillfull pacy forwards who are excellent at beating their player. See how that goes :tup: ' :D

- - - Updated - - -

So how do you think we'll play in say, a CL quarter final without Mandzukic? Are we going to throw an inexperienced 19 year old fresh out of the Brazilian league into the fire?
Morata arrived here with half the games and a fraction of the gametime under his belt compared to Barbosa.

By the time its peanut butter quarterfinal time, we are like 8-9 months further.
By that time, Alvaro was beeing a better clutch then what they fit in a group C race car.

SO whats the problem ?

But if you insist :

3-5-2 : Buffon/Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini/Sandro,Pogba,Marchisio,Khedira,Alves/Pjanic/Dybala

4-5-1 : Buffon/Alves, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra/ Pjaca, Khedira, Marchisio, Pogba, Sandro/ Dybala

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

That 4-3-3 finally becomes a viable alternative, but its not as strong as other formations we can field. But its massive we can perfectly play another formation if tactically significant.

'Oh, so you play 3 at the back ? Here, go play 1for1 with 3 skillfull pacy forwards who are excellent at beating their player. See how that goes :tup: ' :D
The problem is not the formation or compatibility, but if Gabigol is ready to be depended on at Juve. I think he will need some time to adapt to European football and the expectations at Juve

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The problem is not the formation or compatibility, but if Gabigol is ready to be depended on at Juve. I think he will need some time to adapt to European football and the expectations at Juve
There is no problem.

Evra, Asamoah, Sandro
Lichtsteiner, Alves, soon Pjaca
Pjanic, Soon pjaca

Its exceptionally easy to play anything we want that has 1 actual forward (dybala) thanks to loads of double wing options and at least 1 topclass cam.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Morata arrived here with half the games and a fraction of the gametime under his belt compared to Barbosa.

By the time its peanut butter quarterfinal time, we are like 8-9 months further.
By that time, Alvaro was beeing a better clutch then what they fit in a group C race car.

SO whats the problem ?

But if you insist :

3-5-2 : Buffon/Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini/Sandro,Pogba,Marchisio,Khedira,Alves/Pjanic/Dybala

4-5-1 : Buffon/Alves, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra/ Pjaca, Khedira, Marchisio, Pogba, Sandro/ Dybala
Dybala as a lone forward?

Also it's crazy to think Gabriel is more prepared to play for Juve than Morata was. Morata played in amd won a CL with Real ffs.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Well, I am not.

My concerns are that our attack would be weaker than last season, at least on paper until/if Pjaca and Gabigol reach their potential.

Plus we'd be a player short in attack.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012

$#@!. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.
:lol: nice parody of a red cafe muppet.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dybala as a lone forward?

Also it's crazy to think Gabriel is more prepared to play for Juve than Morata was. Morata played in amd won a CL with Real ffs.
Dybala has played as the central forward all his life untill he came at juventus where allegri is molding him to be a support striker

Morata barely got more then a few minutes in the games he played. Barbosa played over twice his games, but full lenght.

We arent talking about defenders, midfielders or creative players here, but about a forward. How exactly is he going to adapt aside from having to press central defenders ?

Hence, the only thing that you'd want to alter with brazillian forwards of this type is further develop his skills but make him more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I am not.

My concerns are that our attack would be weaker than last season, at least on paper until/if Pjaca and Gabigol reach their potential.

Our attack last season was Mandzukic-Dybala

Our attack this season is Mandzukic-Dybala

Only difference is that Manbro isnt injured and Dybala has significantly improved, so obviously our attack is stronger.

Our depth also got stronger because of all the options we have

Barbosa as replacement ?
Pjanic CAM behind one forward ?
Double wing with Pjaca and Sandro ?

Many options, all excellent, but starter quality increased and thats not easy at a worldclass team like ours

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
From what I've seen (which isn't much tbh) he isn't very fast and relies too much on his left foot. For 20m he is definatly worth the gamble though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, I am not.

I agree with this. Unless one of them shocks us, by being far more Europe-ready than they currently appear, it's dangerous to go into the season without at least one experienced backup to Dybala and Mandzu.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Dybala has played as the central forward all his life untill he came at juventus where allegri is molding him to be a support striker

Morata barely got more then a few minutes in the games he played. Barbosa played over twice his games, but full lenght.

We arent talking about defenders, midfielders or creative players here, but about a forward. How exactly is he going to adapt aside from having to press central defenders ?

Hence, the only thing that you'd want to alter with brazillian forwards of this type is further develop his skills but make him more efficient.
Has he played as LONE CF in wing based formations?

It's not only about the number of minutes played. Gab is coming from a league that is vastly inferior, much more open and worse defending, and a completely different style from La Liga. He's a few years younger and is moving to a different continent to play in the best defensive league in the world. He has a lottt more adapting to do.

I know if it was some other team signing you would agree that he would need some time before he's completely ready.

I'm sure we're going to get someone else

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Our attack last season was Mandzukic-Dybala

Our attack this season is Mandzukic-Dybala

Only difference is that Manbro isnt injured and Dybala has significantly improved, so obviously our attack is stronger.

Our depth also got stronger because of all the options we have

Barbosa as replacement ?
Pjanic CAM behind one forward ?
Double wing with Pjaca and Sandro ?

Many options, all excellent, but starter quality increased and thats not easy at a worldclass team like ours
Morata and Cuadrado currently are much better and have way more experience than Marko 5min Pjaca and Gabi seen Eurovision on TV Barbosa.

Stop overrating kids you have never seen them playing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Has he played as LONE CF in wing based formations?

It's not only about the number of minutes played. Gab is coming from a league that is vastly inferior, much more open and worse defending, and a completely different style from La Liga. He's a few years younger and is moving to a different continent to play in the best defensive league in the world. He has a lottt more adapting to do.

I know if it was some other team signing you would agree that he would need some time before he's completely ready.

I'm sure we're going to get someone else

You are entitled to your own opinion.

We got exceptionally much options to play without mandzukic, especially if we get cuads back

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Shit. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.
It's not about positions or formations but the general quality and impact level of our attacking line. From 3 high class players and a reliable workhorse we descend into 2 high class players and 2x pig in a pokes from strange leagues. Fine by me if that's what it takes to keep key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)