Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Future cash cow. He's an incredibly popular lolzillian. Not Neymar tier but very popular.
And if he does well at the Olympics and scores a few goals that's his price going up.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way everybody's talking about how Brazil's trident consisting of Neymar, Jesus and Gabigol could become the staring Frontline for the World Cup as well. A lot of promise and expectations surrounding those 3 playing together. It'd be nice to have one of them, could make us a lot of money in the future.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This signing would basically be a low risk investment. I don't really rate this guy but it's a no-brainer for the reported fee. It's a Coman level opportunity that Beppe can't resist.

May 22, 2013
I heard that Paratici and his staff has been following this guy for years and are really fond of him. Paratici has my total trust, despite having seen very little of Barbosa (some youth brasil games) i'm all for this transfer.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
This signing would basically be a low risk investment. I don't really rate this guy but it's a no-brainer for the reported fee. It's a Coman level opportunity that Beppe can't resist.
Coman level opportunity is snatching a promising free player from a top club, not spending 20mil on a player from the Brazilian league with complicated ownership deals and clauses and what not

Not gonna mind if he transfers though. Seems to have a bigger upside than Zaza and if he can play winger we have nice options with the formations to try out.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Coman level opportunity is snatching a promising free player from a top club, not spending 20mil on a player from the Brazilian league with complicated ownership deals and clauses and what not

Not gonna mind if he transfers though. Seems to have a bigger upside than Zaza and if he can play winger we have nice options with the formations to try out.
20M is relatively low risk for a youngster already in the Brazilian NT. His value will double as soon as he steps on the pitch with our shirt.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bring him.Zaza is done with allegri anyways.

If he didnt brreakthru with his cameos...then it will be impossible for him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Lets be honest 20m for an untested 19 year old is not a low risk investment. Capped by Brazil doesn't mean a huge amount at the moment, plenty have been capped and completely flopped in Europe.

Three positives for me are that Paratici seems to like him and he has proven himself with his targets in recent years, he has played a lot of games for Santos and that Tim Vickery (a respected journalist of South American football) likes him too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
His stats are good, to be fair, it's hard to find genuine scorers (€90m lol), and the kid seems to have a knack for doing it even as a wide forward.

€20m for one of few genuine Brazilian talents is pretty much the going rate, I thought it might even be more. Gabriel Jesus in the same surrounding would always cost more, far more flair and marketing potential, he's an eyecatcher. We already have Dybala and now Pjaca.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
He just said in a conference from Brazil camp:

"...Before leaving I was in an active negotiations with Santos and Juventus,but when I came here I left everything in the hands of my father and my agent.Soon there will be a decision....As of today, i'm a player of Santos and I am glad to represent my club here in the Selecao"

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/g...a-juve-a-breve-la-decisione-definitiva-728809

It sounds like a done fucking dealio.

Jun 4, 2016
Lets be honest 20m for an untested 19 year old is not a low risk investment. Capped by Brazil doesn't mean a huge amount at the moment, plenty have been capped and completely flopped in Europe.

Three positives for me are that Paratici seems to like him and he has proven himself with his targets in recent years, he has played a lot of games for Santos and that Tim Vickery (a respected journalist of South American football) likes him too.
lol "gabigol" not like much of Juventus proposal.

brazilians players in europe: money, money, money!

money= sucess!

european leagues low audience in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)