Future coach (80 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Our only chance at Klopp is if after some time off he wants to start another ambitious long term project but I see him maybe taking a year off then maybe the German job.

Imagine a coach who values aggressive pressing football though. I can't even imagine Juve like that. It would be the biggest 180 in club philosophy I've ever seen.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
i'd actually love to see klopp with this squad. it would be fun
but why would Klopp get here?
We aren't investing money, we aren't attractive or anything. We can't even convince him with money.
It would be a dream signing given that we put 100m budget for the summer market.
And not because I expect us to win everything as soon as he get here.
But because he build a team I'd look forward to follow.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Motta is interesting. He's potentially a pragmatist but his team values the ball. He counter presses but doesn't seem that retarded. I don't think he's that attacking. I'd call him balanced. He has meme worthy material like his famous 2-7-2 "my keeper is the first midfielder" comment.

Bologna is doing well but is also one of those teams with good players yet to be recognized.

Generally I would support a sound defensive coach that defends with the ball instead of a bunker.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Motta is interesting. He's potentially a pragmatist but his team values the ball. He counter presses but doesn't seem that retarded. I don't think he's that attacking. I'd call him balanced. He has meme worthy material like his famous 2-7-2 "my keeper is the first midfielder" comment.

Bologna is doing well but is also one of those teams with good players yet to be recognized.

Generally I would support a sound defensive coach that defends with the ball instead of a bunker.
Wasn't the 2-7-2 comment misunderstood, in the sense he was speaking about the formation vertically, i.e. there is the keeper and then 6 players centrally and two players on each flank? Not really anything special in terms of formation.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Motta would be an interesting way to go. Im not sure we would win but it would have been positive for our offensive players and our style of play.

If we want to win, I would say Conte. Marotta is the person that makes Inter great, he is building a team with almost no money, but he has a eye (lol) for things like this, getting the right players for the team and making sure the team has a great balance on every position. I feel Marotta did a Allegri 2.0 in Inter, Conte built Inters mentality and started to inject winning mentality then Inzaghi can only build on that, and improve something.

Conte with his mentality would offer something to this team, every player would give 110% for him, the fighting spirit we would need to go up against this Inter team.

For me it is not about finance, it's about management that starts from the top to the coach. Giuntoli and Conte would be a good mix, if we want to compete in Italy. In the situation we are in, Conte feels like a good idea.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wasn't the 2-7-2 comment misunderstood, in the sense he was speaking about the formation vertically, i.e. there is the keeper and then 6 players centrally and two players on each flank? Not really anything special in terms of formation.
Ya exactly. But it was a bit meme worthy. It's basically 4231 but he tried to talk as if it was something new

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
oh imo it is completely unrealistic, i just said it would be fun to watch gegenpressing with the same squad we have now
It’s a pipe dream. The guy’s got no reason to come to Italy.

Having said that I truly believe he’s one of the few managers who can make this average squad play at the edge of their potential. It’s what he does. .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
agresti feels that the club will replace the coach after the end of the season:

this is a good point once again from this guy:

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
agresti feels that the club will replace the coach after the end of the season:

this is a good point once again from this guy:

I really liked him as a player. I still remember how he mocked Torino with their own symbol after equalizing (and IIRC it was from a strong header from the 16 meters or so).
As a coach - I dont know. Maybe it is just I dont like that Guardiola football everyone are so crazy for. Need to say I havent seen Maresca coach though.

- - - Updated - - -

i'd actually love to see klopp with this squad. it would be fun
Not for him though..

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, he is a good coach. Did some good things but is he ready for a top team? Im not so sure about it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Maresca feels far too risky for us given where we are, especially after flopping at Parma. The next appointment is crucial and there has to be an appreciation that we won't change 10 players. We don't have a technical squad to play like Pep.

I've never been a fan of Motta but it is hard to ignore the job he is doing at Bologna.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
well we know for sure that the next coach will be italian. there is no avoiding that unless zidane reduces his wages to below allegri level.

so the real choices are motta and palladino and de zebi.

de zebi might be the hardest choice to grab. but i think if we properly stroke him by sweet talking him, eventually de zebi will come to juve. helps that zebi is a fan of the old lady.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)