Future coach (14 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I've seen a few people asking about Motta's tactics and thought these videos might be interesting to some (they are quite detailed so others might not think so):

The first thing that stands out to me is that our level of fitness is miles off what is needed to play his football. Vlahovic and Zirkzee are not like for like swaps but a No 10 could do a similar role. We don't really have anyone like Ferguson that is tactically strong, good defensively and offensively, with an engine to press. Defensively it could take a while to get used to the pressing and movement which could lead to big gaps.They don't create a lot of chances or cross very often. He doesn't play with set attacking plans (which a lot of people don't like about Allegri).

Positives are the movement would be a breath of fresh air. Potentially Chiesa, Soule and Yildiz could be shine in his attacking mid/winger roles but would need a more defensively switched on attacking player to fill Ferguson's role if Motta played the same tactics here. Cambiaso should also shine as one of the fullbacks.

Jun 16, 2020
I've seen a few people asking about Motta's tactics and thought these videos might be interesting to some (they are quite detailed so others might not think so):

The first thing that stands out to me is that our level of fitness is miles off what is needed to play his football. Vlahovic and Zirkzee are not like for like swaps but a No 10 could do a similar role. We don't really have anyone like Ferguson that is tactically strong, good defensively and offensively, with an engine to press. Defensively it could take a while to get used to the pressing and movement which could lead to big gaps.They don't create a lot of chances or cross very often. He doesn't play with set attacking plans (which a lot of people don't like about Allegri).

Positives are the movement would be a breath of fresh air. Potentially Chiesa, Soule and Yildiz could be shine in his attacking mid/winger roles but would need a more defensively switched on attacking player to fill Ferguson's role if Motta played the same tactics here. Cambiaso should also shine as one of the fullbacks.
Can’t wait to see something interesting.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020

That's why i think yildiz is more suit to no.9 role in motta's tactic. More agile and excel at tight space than vlahovic. He has the gift as top stiker.

So if motta comes, it's vlahovic and bremer then to be sold. If the price is right of course.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
That's why i think yildiz is more suit to no.9 role in motta's tactic. More agile and excel at tight space than vlahovic. He has the gift as top stiker.

So if motta comes, it's vlahovic and bremer then to be sold. If the price is right of course.
If Motta can't adapt to the characteristics of our squad then it will be tough for him and I don't know whether he has any inputs in the players Giuntoli wants to sign.

Jun 27, 2011
I'm keeping my hopes up that Zidane and Del Piero are somehow involved in this project we're drawing up. I'm a bit excited to see what Motta would do, mostly because bringing in an ex Inter player feels like we're getting one on them. But whoever coaches next season becomes irrelevant if we don't strengthen the squad considerably. That's my main concern. I'd like us to change our team almost entirely.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I’m half excited to see what Motta can do, and half dreading the possibility that we may hire another bum instead of him or even continue with Allegri.
without a squad revolution all we can hope for is some more positive football. this won't suddenly become a 90+ points squad because of an other coach. a change is still a necessity as sticking with allegri is surely a dead end. we can't afford all the klopps or zidanes, a guy like de zerbi would be an other huge gamble. with motta at least the chance is there to find a more enjoyable balance between pragmatism and a bit more entertaining matchdays. no coach would make a miracle, motta looks like a tolerable compromise to me :boh: and no, i'm not a fan

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I’m half excited to see what Motta can do, and half dreading the possibility that we may hire another bum instead of him or even continue with Allegri.
And Motta job won't be made easier that there will probably be 6-7 players leaving Juve from the current squad.Do we have somebody to replicate Zirkzee role in the Motta system of play?

Aug 2, 2005
What we need as a must
RB
2 creative and holding midfielders
And Conte for 2 years.. he will set up the team right and then see where we go from there..

We are not going to set the world on fire next season regardless of who is the coach and regardless of the squad..
Even though.. I only see MC and RM as a bit above everyone else.. they are still not those unbeatable teams (like barca 2008, Bayern 2013)... what I am trying to say.. any team can actually win CL now...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What we need as a must
RB
2 creative and holding midfielders
And Conte for 2 years.. he will set up the team right and then see where we go from there..

We are not going to set the world on fire next season regardless of who is the coach and regardless of the squad..
Even though.. I only see MC and RM as a bit above everyone else.. they are still not those unbeatable teams (like barca 2008, Bayern 2013)... what I am trying to say.. any team can actually win CL now...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Conte throater?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The brilliant James Horncastle is making good case for why Liverpool should consider him.

But really, it's even better case why Juve should? Juventino, a decade of consistent competitive seasons with Atalanta. He is older and difficult character at times, but really he has nailed on consistent system that works competively no matter player material.

And as Horncastle said, his progressive attacking football is something that inspired most of the younger coaches in Serie A since they were his former players.

(Click on cc bottom to get translation for interview)

Jun 27, 2011
Always been of the opinion that he deserves the chance to coach Juventus. He's also just a very likeable person on top of his coaching achievements.

Klopp on the other hand, i've seen people speak about. But that man walked home after meeting Allegri. And now outclassed by Gasperini.
Italian football is his kryptonite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)

• almo