[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (6 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Impressive victory , the match changed after birindilli injury , i hope juve play the same formation which ranieri used without birindilli and when zanitti played , but the defence is weak and the midfield sometimes cause errors which cause to goals like in roma first goal
but like someone said it is Always good to thrash Roma

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
This is the first "new" Jue match I saw completely. I'm impressed. players with great technical capabilities. Some nice tactics. speed was good too on counters. nice passing. Salihamidzic is doing great I think.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I concur with Vinman for the most part, but I stand here and state Tiago will prove his worth with Juventus sooner or later. I've followed him for many years, and while he is no Gerrard, he can still be a damn good player for us. Perhaps even more than what he was for Chelsea... which was damn good but they wanted Essien.
I agree. Tiago will be a vital player for us.

About Iaquinta, could people give the guy a break please? First you moan about how he doesn't score, then he does score, and the goal's not pretty enough. He's not my favorite player either, but he can be important, even if I don't see him as a starter.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I concur with Vinman for the most part, but I stand here and state Tiago will prove his worth with Juventus sooner or later. I've followed him for many years, and while he is no Gerrard, he can still be a damn good player for us. Perhaps even more than what he was for Chelsea... which was damn good but they wanted Essien.
I'm patiently waiting.

Tiago is an average player who can be good in the right system with the right guys next to him. If we're playing 4-4-2 he just will not be a great contributor unless he has Zanetti or Nocerino next to him and the way Almiron's playing that will never happen. Are we going to HAVE to play 4-3-3 for him to be effective? If so he wasn't worth the money we paid imo.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

channel4 said:
Soon after Vincenzo Iaquinta dispossessed Christian Panucci, but Pavel Nedved slipped with the goal gaping. Iaquinta went for glory himself, but Alexander Doni came rushing out to clear, prompting an argument between the former Udinese striker and David Trezeguet.
What was that, anything worthwhile? I noticed Iaquinta "went for glory" quite a few times in these friendlies, he wanted his first goal too bad. I hope he shakes that need to impress so much himself, we don't need that in attack.

P.S. I didn't catch the game but that second goal just shouldn't have happened. We won't be able to fight back like this all the time, we mustn't get into these positions anymore once the leauge starts. Conceding goals like that is demoralising not just during the game but in the long run as well. I hope Andrade steps up and organises that department, because if he doesn't, no one else will.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
trez wanted Iaquinta to give him every ball he got , he must understand that Iaquinta want to score too , they must be better connection between the 2 players

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

About Iaquinta, could people give the guy a break please? First you moan about how he doesn't score, then he does score, and the goal's not pretty enough. He's not my favorite player either, but he can be important, even if I don't see him as a starter.
exactly, whatever the guy does its never right, his goal celebration showed how much it meant to him. he deserves a chance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I won't give Iaquinta a break until HE PASSES THE BALL. Because of his stupidity, we have wasted several chances, ever since the Geordies match to yesterday. He better start becoming less selfish or he won't be useful at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm patiently waiting.

Tiago is an average player who can be good in the right system with the right guys next to him. If we're playing 4-4-2 he just will not be a great contributor unless he has Zanetti or Nocerino next to him and the way Almiron's playing that will never happen. Are we going to HAVE to play 4-3-3 for him to be effective? If so he wasn't worth the money we paid imo.
You calling Tiago an average player is just absurd and I won't waste my time trying to prove he's a good player. Think whatever you want. But in your goddamn cocksucking beloved Premiership, he was damn good.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
tiago was great for chelsea, and if he is given the time here he will definintely prove his worth, imo i think he can be our starting midfielder if he works hard enough.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You calling Tiago an average player is just absurd and I won't waste my time trying to prove he's a good player. Think whatever you want. But in your goddamn cocksucking beloved Premiership, he was damn good.
I don't want you to prove anything, I want Tiago to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)