[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Tiago was great at chelsea? Which matches were you guys watching? He was very average in the premiership and no amount of noise making can change that fact. He may have improved at Lyon, i wouldn't know because I didnt see a lot of Lyon.

I keep on hearing good things of Nocerino, and I would like to see him as a starter, if it is at the expense of Tiago, so be it as Almiron looks like a good player.

Camoranesi is a must if he is fit, and should play on the right hand side of midfield, right back should be btween Grygera and Salihamidic.

I was happy to hear that Iaquinta scored and whether we like him or not it is a plus that he has scored even if its a glorified friendly.

We cannot go overboard because of this result, good though, it was because Roma were missing DDr, Mancini, Pizarro, Perotta and that is their entire midfield.

Not very happy to hear that again we are 2-0 down before tha match had actually started and in an competitive game you cannot gift any opponents 2 goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
so i see u still havnt bought my idea on andrade criscito partnership? they can definatly work, they need time to gel, so to buy a new defender would be pointless as they would still need to gel, only that criscito is proving himself as predicted.

as for marchisio, im having enough of a headache as it is trying to figure where to play tiago along with the likes of nocerino,almiron,camo,nedved etc.. and marchisio however much i admire him wouldn't really solve anything right now, but instead create more problems.
Since Ranieri isn't planning on buying anymore players maybe that his idea too..

It is just a shame we don`t have Zambrotta anymore as we could have played Salihamidzic as RB and Zamb at LB
Or Zambrotta as RB and Chiellini as LB :)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
thanks for all the reports guys, always appreciated.

i saw the goals and you just can see how much creative power we have, and thats great.
The goals we conceded especially the 2nd one was just unforgivable, i dont know who was marking mexes but he just walked passed him.

Great to see trezi getting his touch back, as those two goals were just pure class finishes giving the keeper no chance.
sadly I missed the game too, but from the comments and specially Dominic's it seems everything is going well.

This is not a surprise, I saw all these against Napoli and Inter, yeah we didn't win that stupid cup (which wasn't our aim), but I saw what was Ranieri trying, and it was very obvious that he had the positive response in those matches.

Same goes for Roma match, the result is not important, it is the way the team playing and communicating. We can't say we will win the league or compete for it from these matches, but it give a light at least.

Sure Ranieri wasn't the top coach we could bring, but I am optimist he will take us to the next level, to be a competitive force in Italy. We will see for the rest, if he can compete for the title and Europe. I hope it is mind games when he said we don't need new player(s) and that the market is closed, a leading defender is a must for us in my opinion, cause I am not really sure what Criscito can do for us. Well at least he can prove himself until January.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
sadly I missed the game too, but from the comments and specially Dominic's it seems everything is going well.

This is not a surprise, I saw all these against Napoli and Inter, yeah we didn't win that stupid cup (which wasn't our aim), but I saw what was Ranieri trying, and it was very obvious that he had the positive response in those matches.

Same goes for Roma match, the result is not important, it is the way the team playing and communicating. We can't say we will win the league or compete for it from these matches, but it give a light at least.

Sure Ranieri wasn't the top coach we could bring, but I am optimist he will take us to the next level, to be a competitive force in Italy. We will see for the rest, if he can compete for the title and Europe. I hope it is mind games when he said we don't need new player(s) and that the market is closed, a leading defender is a must for us in my opinion, cause I am not really sure what Criscito can do for us. Well at least he can prove himself until January.
Unless Ranieri decides to play Boumsong, but lately he has been playing Criscito every match, so Criscito might be our Andrade-pairing defender.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Boumsong is good back up too, he can be rotated even. he just made a couple of errors and people dissed him that fast. I hope he proves this season everyone was wrong about him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
and chiellini? but then again if zambo was here id play him rb wouldnt of bothered with grygera, or sold zebina, play chiellini left bk and criscito cb still
Criscito is quite talented if he is ready or not that is still the question

anyway I still think our defence lack something. I`m not sure if it`s the defence or the whole team defending

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Tiago was great at chelsea? Which matches were you guys watching? He was very average in the premiership and no amount of noise making can change that fact. He may have improved at Lyon, i wouldn't know because I didnt see a lot of Lyon.

I keep on hearing good things of Nocerino, and I would like to see him as a starter, if it is at the expense of Tiago, so be it as Almiron looks like a good player.

Camoranesi is a must if he is fit, and should play on the right hand side of midfield, right back should be btween Grygera and Salihamidic.

I was happy to hear that Iaquinta scored and whether we like him or not it is a plus that he has scored even if its a glorified friendly.

We cannot go overboard because of this result, good though, it was because Roma were missing DDr, Mancini, Pizarro, Perotta and that is their entire midfield.

Not very happy to hear that again we are 2-0 down before tha match had actually started and in an competitive game you cannot gift any opponents 2 goals.
it is a big plus imo that Iaquinta scored, he took his goal well.Even that one could've been easily missed but his finish was very good. With him i still think its more of a mental issue than a skill one.He has some attributes that would allow him to do very well, but his attitude is sadly not a team one right now and imo until he changes that he will continue to under perform.

i still want to see how grygera plays at RB, as he was very good for the czechs and ajax there.I dont know why ranieri plays him at CB.I hope hes fit soon to see whats the plans for him.

another thing is that zanetti should be a starter for this team as he is just a very good player that could add a lot.Nocerino will get his chance gradually.

i dont think we will get more players in, maybe there will be a surprise but all the signs show that some players may leave but no players will be coming in.

am just really interested in claudio's plans for Tiago, as he didn't even get a run last night when the team was up and the romans were fading.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Criscito is quite talented if he is ready or not that is still the question

anyway I still think our defence lack something. I`m not sure if it`s the defence or the whole team defending
just lacks cohesion but that will come with time. buying a new defender still wouldnt solve our problem. andrade is solid, criscito is gleeming.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
Almiron seems like such a great buy right now. He's looked like everybit the CM we need and his passing ability thus far has been very impressive. Nocerino looks exceptional too. Tiago has only really done well in short bursts so far, but I think he'll do well once he's fully adjusted.

All in all though, it looks like we have some great options in midfield now. Alex and Trez seem like they're both in form for the coming season. Now if we could only get our D sorted out we'd be able to play with anyone in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)