[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (5 Viewers)

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Almiron did some nice smooth passes today. I particularly liked the one touch passing he did.
Yup, great match. But the first Roma-goal (Vucinic), was his error..
At that place you must handle fast, but he kept the ball too long, lost the ball and boom..
But after the 20 mins, he was back, like the whole team. :)

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I have to say... although Vucinic's goal was absolutely chock-full of defensive errors, it was one of those weird plays where nothing would have come out of it 90% of the time. There SHOULD have been someone there to boot that loose ball out of danger.

It's the second goal that really concerns me. Leaving Mexes unmarked like that made me gasp. That's something a top-quality team should NEVER be caught doing... there was just no attempt to cover the man or to intercept the delivery.

Very shaky start for our D yet again. It seems like we give up early, sloppy goals in each friendly and don't wake up until later in the match. At this point, I just hope they get that out of their system during the friendlies and stay sharp at all times once the season begins.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I have to say... although Vucinic's goal was absolutely chock-full of defensive errors, it was one of those weird plays where nothing would have come out of it 90% of the time. There SHOULD have been someone there to boot that loose ball out of danger.

It's the second goal that really concerns me. Leaving Mexes unmarked like that made me gasp. That's something a top-quality team should NEVER be caught doing... there was just no attempt to cover the man or to intercept the delivery.

Very shaky start for our D yet again. It seems like we give up early, sloppy goals in each friendly and don't wake up until later in the match. At this point, I just hope they get that out of their system during the friendlies and stay sharp at all times once the season begins.
Birindelli was causing us alot of problems.. When Salihamdizc took his place the defence became much better, ofcourse in addition to Zanetti owning the midfield.

Sidi'

Jul 6, 2007
I thought Criscito was fantastic yesterday. So was Trezeguet, Del Piero. Iaquinta finally scored, should do his confidence a world of good.

Anyone here hate Mexes a lot? I do.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Great result for us, first test and it seems like we succeeded.
Good to see Trez and Iaquinta scoring, and good old DP, keeps on going.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
About Mexes goal - Salih (i guess he was Nr. 7, the quality wasnt the best) and the frenchman were pissing each other before the FK (Salih likes to do that, later in the game he did the same with Panucci), and when Totti center, Mexes pushed him away and went for the ball. Man of the match - Trezeguet.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Salihamidzic is perhaps the most underrated player we have in this squad in my opinion. A lot of us may see him as cover for Camoranesi, but I think he's good enough to be in the starting 11, maybe at RB. He gives us good cover, pace and a lot more fluidity out of that flank. As does Zdenek Grygera I'd imagine. Only in his case, he needs a little more time to adapt to conditions within the squad. Zebina can come off the bench, but I now see his place in the team as one that just makes up the numbers more than anything else.
Very right.Sali is a fine player and can play on different positions.
Just a little patience with him.He got skills.
Anyway,finally we show who is who.Roma are pretty strong.We just need to get in shape.
Good for the team .

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
A lot of accurate comments both of praise & constructive crticism. My concern is as I already stated, will Ranieri learn from this & continue with Salihamidzic at RB, & Zanetti in MF so we can see how good our right flank really is? Let's not get too euphoric over this 5-2 although it was a heart warming comeback! I'm under no illusions over Roma, my 2'nd favourite team. They are not as strong as many seem to think & we'll very soon face stiffer tests from Milan & Inter. La Viola & Palermo when on form also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)