[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (7 Viewers)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Ranieri: “Another important test for us”

The time has come for the first 90-minute test against Serie A opponents. Saturday night (at 8.45 pm, live on Rai 1 and Juventus Channel), in Cesena, Juventus will face Roma, one of the favourites for the League title.

It'll be another chance to test the group's growth, as Manager Ranieri himself confirmed on the eve of the match: “Summer tournaments and friendlies are useful for getting into shape. I'm glad to play them because proper matches are the best possible training. Is it a special game for me? It's true that I used to play for Roma, but we're talking about the 1973/74 season - ancient times. Roma are a good team and they've purchased excellent players”.

Ranieri can count on Gigi Buffon and Pavel Nedved too to play against Spalletti's Giallorossi: they've both recovered from the problems that prevented them from taking part in the Birra Moretti Trophy. On the other hand, Grygera, Chiellini and Palladino will have to miss the game.

The Czech defender has been continuing his therapy and may be able to start training again with the others as early as Sunday afternoon's session. The same is true for Chiellini, who has yet to recover from the contusion to his right calf he suffered on Wednesday. Palladino, however, is just suffering from a little fatigue.

Meanwhile, there's good news about Jonathan Zebina. The ultrasound tests he underwent this morning showed that there's no sign of damage, just an inflammation to the right thigh flexor muscle, so the defender may be able to start training again on Sunday as well.

These are the 20 players called up for the trip to the Emilia Romagna region.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Belardi, Novembre
Defenders: Andrade, Birindelli, Boumsong, Criscito, Legrottaglie, Molinaro
Midfielders: Almiron, Nedved, Nocerino, Olivera, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Zanetti
Strikers: Del Piero, Iaquinta, Trezeguet, Zalayeta

juventus.com
--

before anyone moans about where these players are.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon
Salihamidzic Andrade Criscito Molinaro
Tiago Nocerino Almiron
Nedved
Trezeguet Del Piero

I expect Birindelli as rightback though, and Salihamidzic in midfield.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
OMG !! the season hasnt yet started and we are full of injuries : Camo, grygera, Marchionni, Chiellini, and b4 them was DP

I dont wanna imagine if Andrade gets injured

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
OMG !! the season hasnt yet started and we are full of injuries : Camo, grygera, Marchionni, Chiellini, and b4 them was DP

I dont wanna imagine if Andrade gets injured
Players are more likely to get injured when they aren't fully fit, which is why we have the injuries now.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Damn chellini is injured, I wanted to know how C-Ra will finally use him, as a LB or CB, but I guess Ranieri himself doesnt know

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
1st Half:

BUFFON

ZEBINA - ANDRADE - CRISCITO - MOLINARO

SALIHAMIDZIC - NOCERINO - ALMIRON - NEDVED

DEL PIERO

TREZEGUET

2nd Half:

BELARDI

BIRINDELLI - ANDRADE - BOUMSONG - MOLINARO

ZANETTI
TIAGO - ALMIRON

IAQUINTA - ZALAYETA - OLIVERA

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Roma coach Luciano Spalletti talked about tomorrow's friendly against Juventus and his team's prospects in the new season.

During the summer it's not rare to see friendlies which seem more like bland, routine training sessions, but sometimes there are encounters which spark the imagination and turn out to be entertaining affairs.

Tomorrow's Juventus-Roma tie has the potential to be one of those games, considering the intense rivalry which always exists between these two sides.

This is what coach Luciano Spalletti had to say about the prospect of facing the Bianconeri: "Tomorrow will be a very important test, for many reasons. To me all matches against high-level opposition are important, especially if it's Juventus, a team whose history we are all aware of."

When you are fighting for important objectives, it's imperative to get used to these type of games, and Spalletti admitted as much: "We will try to go for the Scudetto, like we tried last year and two years ago when we had a very difficult season. Bruno Conti is right, we have to behave in a professional manner, and make sacrifices every day."

Certainly it will not be an eatsy task. Especially when the team to beat, Inter, have reinforced themselves even more: "They have improved their squad and they are strongest team in the league. They have a lot of potential, they've also bought players who can make the difference, like Chivu and Suazo."

Still, there is the possibility that the Roma management will take steps to narrow the gap which separates them from the Nerazzurri: "I've complimented the club on the transfer campaign. We have lost a few players, some of which we have replaced, but the transfer market is still open and we will try to realise as many of our objectives as we can."

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)