[Friendly] Real Madrid 2-0 Juventus [July 30th, 2022] (4 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I didnt watch the game and yes it is only a frirndly game pre-season but you can look it from any side and you will see that we are not improved in any way from ladt season. The only improvement is selling Bentancur, Bernardeschi and Kulu and thats saying a lot. If we dont uograde our mid, left back and left wing we are srewed and ee are in for another very, very difficult season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Didn’t watch the match but catching up on the comments it seems clearer we’re heavily outplayed and made to look foolish again.

On paper this team hasn’t really improved since last year, we have no left side and the transfer targets we are being linked to are depressing at best. It’s going to be a long and torturous season

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I was at the game.
93k attendance. Probably a record for a Juve game. Good crowd, but could’ve been noisier. Mostly Real fans, as expected but decent Juve representation- as there is a significant Italian American population in LA + Del Piero and Chiellini.
It’s definitely interesting to see the team in person. You catch quite a few things that you miss on TV.
Few observations on our players and the game in general:

Locatelli is amazing. He was the best player on the pitch imo- for both sides.
Bremer is a beast physically.
Bonucci is a really intelligent defender. Yeah, he may not be the best on 1v1s but I could really see why he is a starting CB for every manager he plays under. Great football IQ.
Sandro wasn’t bad. He was okay. Danilo on the other hand, was god awful.
Our attack was woeful today. Vlahovic clearly not yet at the races and Di Maria had an off day. Kean is useless as a winger because he keeps making terrible decisions.
Rovella is a live wire. Loved the energy.
Cuadrado is a delight to watch, but he really shouldn’t be a fullback. He causes all sorts of troubles to defenders in whichever half he’s present.

Our overall gameplay really lacked incisiveness and creativity. Real on the other hand, looked very dangerous in the final third. Their players are much comfortable on the ball than ours.
Benzema and Modric are really classy players, but the rest didn’t seem too good for us- but they were definitely more tactically drilled.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I was at the game.
93k attendance. Probably a record for a Juve game. Good crowd, but could’ve been noisier. Mostly Real fans, as expected but decent Juve representation- as there is a significant Italian American population in LA + Del Piero and Chiellini.
It’s definitely interesting to see the team in person. You catch quite a few things that you miss on TV.
Few observations on our players and the game in general:

Locatelli is amazing. He was the best player on the pitch imo- for both sides.
Bremer is a beast physically.
Bonucci is a really intelligent defender. Yeah, he may not be the best on 1v1s but I could really see why he is a starting CB for every manager he plays under. Great football IQ.
Sandro wasn’t bad. He was okay. Danilo on the other hand, was god awful.
Our attack was woeful today. Vlahovic clearly not yet at the races and Di Maria had an off day. Kean is useless as a winger because he keeps making terrible decisions.
Rovella is a live wire. Loved the energy.
Cuadrado is a delight to watch, but he really shouldn’t be a fullback. He causes all sorts of troubles to defenders in whichever half he’s present.

Our overall gameplay really lacked incisiveness and creativity. Real on the other hand, looked very dangerous in the final third. Their players are much comfortable on the ball than ours.
Benzema and Modric are really classy players, but the rest didn’t seem too good for us- but they were definitely more tactically drilled.
I didnt watch the game but watching the highlights against both Barcelona and Real Madrid:
Against Barcelona - We seemed to perform and we actually created more in a team`s game as Barcelona was more about individual brilliance from Dembele.
Against Real Madrid - It seems to me that they were by far the better team.

As for your point of view:
I definitely agree about Cuadrado - He shouldnt be a RB
Danilo - He surprised us the last few years but I really dont think he is that good. Its more about the others that were so crap that it helped him look better.
A.Sandro - Even if he play ok - I dont think anyone in this forum thinks about giving him another chance - The guy is finished.

I think we need someone like Kante or like Casemiro - Someone who can protect us from midfield.

yahjuve

Sep 27, 2021
Yes it was only a friendly game but the show was hard to watch ,my eyes are still bleeding. And Agnelli wants to penetrate the new markets to export the brand by offering a poor product. Serie A is our level

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Real Madrid are a better team, more cohesive, better bench (they brought on internationals and we brought on fringe and U23 players). Not really worth getting excited about. Are we trying to be on par with the European championships this season? Of course we're fucking not, and this is pre-season and means jack shit over the course of the season.

I love how these get analysed every season lol.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Real Madrid are a better team, more cohesive, better bench (they brought on internationals and we brought on fringe and U23 players). Not really worth getting excited about. Are we trying to be on par with the European championships this season? Of course we're fucking not, and this is pre-season and means jack shit over the course of the season.

I love how these get analysed every season lol.
I hope not

That could lead to ambition and ambition leads to empty pockets

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I mean we bring in all youngsters and they bring in Camavinga and Hazard.

They are simply so much better than us. A lot of work on and off the field is left to be done.
What did you expect. They have between 150 million and 300 million more transfer budget every year. Do you think they are obliged to keep a train wreck like Sandro, at that budget?

People taking aims at our cl loses should look at this. It was a miracle to even reach those heights.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Any injuries yesterday? Could care less about the score Im more worried we are physically ready to start the season. Max will figure out a tactic that will work

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
What did you expect. They have between 150 million and 300 million more transfer budget every year. Do you think they are obliged to keep a train wreck like Sandro, at that budget?
Bruh, we spend way more on transfers than Real Madrid. If you go look up the transfer expenditure of the last years, we have the biggest in Europe, even higher than the likes of Manchester City...... While Real Madrid was calmly and slowly collecting a handful of still fairly cheap promising players every summer, we were splurging massive fees on the likes of Higuain, Ronaldo, De Ligt, Kulusevski etc. and signing a huge amount of shit players on massive wages. The amount of money has never been the issue, it's the utilization of it that matters most.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Funny. But it's obviously not going to happen in one season, even if we had €200n net spend.
I dont know.. 200M is a lot.
You could fix the RB and LB position get SMS and a defensive minded midfielder (Casemiro like), get a very good winger and we could even have a decent vice Vlahovic.
Of course everything will also need to gel but on paper we definitely could.

Anyway we dont have that 200M we arent going to be on Real`s level this year BUT I do expect us to re-gain the Scudetto.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Bruh, we spend way more on transfers than Real Madrid. If you go look up the transfer expenditure of the last years, we have the biggest in Europe, even higher than the likes of Manchester City...... While Real Madrid was calmly and slowly collecting a handful of still fairly cheap promising players every summer, we were splurging massive fees on the likes of Higuain, Ronaldo, De Ligt, Kulusevski etc. and signing a huge amount of shit players on massive wages. The amount of money has never been the issue, it's the utilization of it that matters most.
LOL. That approach murdered us financially for years to come, as real and even barca brushes it off like it was nothing.
We tried to be real(financially) but failed miserably.
I'm surprised that you even compare us to them. Just look at the bench in the 2017 final to see the financial power.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not on net spending. Man City had spent nearly double what we have over the past 10 years before this summer.

Real's spending over the period has been very impressive though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)