[Friendly] Real Madrid 2-0 Juventus [July 30th, 2022] (6 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I dare someone to make another billionaire heir who runs their family team better

- - - Updated - - -

In the last 10 years Juventus spent far more than Madrid on transfers only to built inferior sides. This is a fact.

Juventus is also a poorly run firm. Bleeding money and incurring the largest amount of debt behind Barça.

This club isn’t peers with the actual big clubs any longer. Big clubs don’t fight for top 4 in a trash league.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I dare someone to make another billionaire heir who runs their family team better

- - - Updated - - -

Bleeding money and incurring the largest amount of debt behind Barça.
Trying to learn more about Euro soccer about how finances work? When I see the above word does it mean like Juve is getting loaned money they don't have to buy/sign players?

US sports they just sign players from their own money. Sounds like with Euro soccer it's more of a business/corporation than just a pro sports franchise.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Trying to learn more about Euro soccer about how finances work? When I see the above word does it mean like Juve is getting loaned money they don't have to buy/sign players?

US sports they just sign players from their own money. Sounds like with Euro soccer it's more of a business/corporation than just a pro sports franchise.
Ownership models do vary but all businesses operate on capital debt structure to run, grow, etc. Sole proprietorships need to either come out of their own pockets or find someone to finance their capital venture. Ownership groups like FSG, Kroenke, EXOR raise capital from investors and the public markets to give to their portfolio companies. The problem with pro sports teams are that they rarely turn a profit and instead bleed perennially. So for billionaires it’s a massive tax break they can write off (at least in the US).

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

In the last 10 years Juventus spent far more than Madrid on transfers only to built inferior sides. This is a fact.

Juventus is also a poorly run firm. Bleeding money and incurring the largest amount of debt behind Barça.

This club isn’t peers with the actual big clubs any longer. Big clubs don’t fight for top 4 in a trash league.
Comon bro. Juve would never afford flops like bale and Hazzard and not get weaker everywhere.
Imagine paying those guys salaries while splashing what 100 milion on Camavinga.
They are/were paying Marcelo more as a mascot and didn't even flinch.
We buyed higuain, Ronaldo and it set us back years.
We can't even buy a proper lb because Sandro earns 6 million.
It's funny to even equate us with them financially wise.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Comon bro. Juve would never afford flops like bale and Hazzard and not get weaker everywhere.
Imagine paying those guys salaries while splashing what 100 milion on Camavinga.
They are/were paying Marcelo more as a mascot and didn't even flinch.
We buyed higuain, Ronaldo and it set us back years.
We can't even buy a proper lb because Sandro earns 6 million.
It's funny to even equate us with them financially wise.
It’s easy for the son of a billionaire to sign checks.

If Elkann wants Juve to be competitively successful the it should be run like a corporation. Not a family owned small business because Agnelli can’t have it both ways.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Ownership models do vary but all businesses operate on capital debt structure to run, grow, etc. Sole proprietorships need to either come out of their own pockets or find someone to finance their capital venture. Ownership groups like FSG, Kroenke, EXOR raise capital from investors and the public markets to give to their portfolio companies. The problem with pro sports teams are that they rarely turn a profit and instead bleed perennially. So for billionaires it’s a massive tax break they can write off (at least in the US).
I believe it's different for US sports. Those teams usually always make a profit. I believe they don't look for outside source money to operate. Here look at the 5 smallest MLB market teams operating income for 2021. Other than COVID years MLB teams always seem to turn a profit at years end.

In 2021, the operating income of the Milwaukee Brewers franchise amounted to 29 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball franchise bounced back in 2021 after reporting an operating loss in 2020 for the first time since 2002.

In2021, the operating income of the Tampa Bay Rays franchise amounted to 45 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball team significantly improved upon the operating loss of 23 million U.S. dollars in the previous year, despite falling short of the peak in operating income set in 2019.

In 2021, the operating income of the Cincinnati Reds franchise amounted to 400 thousand U.S. dollars. By contrast, the Major League Baseball team reported an operating loss of 47 million U.S. dollars in the previous year.

In 2021, the operating income of the Kansas City Royals franchise amounted to 47 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball team's operating income grew by 70 million U.S. dollars between 2020 and 2021

.n 2021, the operating income of the Pittsburgh Pirates amounted to 64 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball franchise's operating income nearly reached pre-pandemic levels, as they reported earning 66 million U.S. dollars in 2019.

Jun 16, 2020
Rewatched the first half. Not sure if I’ll watch the second, as the first half provides the best reflection of the main players.

Honestly I was expecting things to be worse. Di Maria had a off day, and as we know we need a winger. If you look to the players we basically should have 4 guys who provide us with width and create changes, and as usual none of them were able to create. I don’t blame Di Maria, Kean plays out of position, Danilo is just a defense minded back and Sandro is way past his prime. We need to sign a winger and preferably a back. We missed out on Molina

Besides that I think that the tactical outlay wasn’t that bad. We pressed high when possible and the defects due to the players was obvious, but we miss Chiesa and Pogba. Vlahovic played his first minutes, etc

Fagioli did okay, a bit too invisible but when he passed you see his talent

Loca looked very good.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I believe it's different for US sports. Those teams usually always make a profit. I believe they don't look for outside source money to operate. Here look at the 5 smallest MLB market teams operating income for 2021. Other than COVID years MLB teams always seem to turn a profit at years end.

In 2021, the operating income of the Milwaukee Brewers franchise amounted to 29 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball franchise bounced back in 2021 after reporting an operating loss in 2020 for the first time since 2002.

In2021, the operating income of the Tampa Bay Rays franchise amounted to 45 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball team significantly improved upon the operating loss of 23 million U.S. dollars in the previous year, despite falling short of the peak in operating income set in 2019.

In 2021, the operating income of the Cincinnati Reds franchise amounted to 400 thousand U.S. dollars. By contrast, the Major League Baseball team reported an operating loss of 47 million U.S. dollars in the previous year.

In 2021, the operating income of the Kansas City Royals franchise amounted to 47 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball team's operating income grew by 70 million U.S. dollars between 2020 and 2021

.n 2021, the operating income of the Pittsburgh Pirates amounted to 64 million U.S. dollars. The Major League Baseball franchise's operating income nearly reached pre-pandemic levels, as they reported earning 66 million U.S. dollars in 2019.
income is different from net profit
Most pro clubs (especially MLB clubs) definitely dont make profit. Revenue streams for all sports teams are Ticketing, media rights, sponsorships and commerce. The trend in the past 20 years is to diversify into commercial RE and build multipurpose venues and the surrounding entertainment area to diversify revenue even during off season.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
@Dru not looking to get into an argument here and I'm no business expert but maybe we're talking about a different aspect?

Look at this article .....
https://www.thecoldwire.com/mlb-insider-reveals-how-much-profit-teams-are-actually-making/

And this just basic googling MLB TV contract .....
starting in 2022 every MLB team will receive a guaranteed $60.1 million via national TV deals (averaging out the money from the life of those deals). Likely every local tv deal averages >$40m per year. So every single team is getting $100m+ guaranteed before selling a ticket.

Then I did probably the worst drawing team the Miami Marlins and figure say 80 games at $30 a ticket and additional 24M. I see salaries roughly 85M so don't see how some kind of profit isn't made?

Of course go the LA Dodgers and think how could they profit with their crazy 261M payroll but then of course they have this over smaller markets ....
On January 28, the Dodgers and Time Warner Cable signed a 25-year broadcast agreement valued at $8.35 billion, subject to the approval of Major League Baseball, which would see the establishment of a new channel known as SportsNet LA.
Former names: Time Warner Cable SportsNet ...
Launched: February 25, 2014; 8 years ago

and this
https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-home-opener-ticket-prices-soar-above-mlb-average/2022/04/14/
Say 80 games at $100 per ticket on course for 3.8M in attendance this season adds up to a lot of money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)