[Friendly] Manchester United - Juventus (August 6th, 2008) (2 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I checked 5-6 sports channels in JP, and it looks like it will be stream baby stream for me again. I am not sure if DP is ready, that is my main worry. CR will play 422 of course as Zanneti and Molinaro are injured.
I am expecting solid defense with chameleon performance up front.

I think we shall see

-----------Trez and DP-------------
Nedved-Poulsen-Momo-Camo
Grygera-Chielini-Melberg-Zebina
------------Buffon-----------------

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I expect the opposite actually. Positive result but not a convincing performance. Kinda like Arsenal-Juve.

Manchester will be missing almost all their stars (Ronaldo, Vidic, Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves etc) and all the players on their bench are from their youth team. If i'm not wrong, Scholes, Giggs, Neville aren't well prepared physically and they can't play more than 45 minutes, plus Ferguson implied that he'll give a fair chance to all the available players.
We on the other hand will have the final test before CL and Ranieri said that he won't make many substitutions (i think we'll play like it's an official match and we'll make only 3 subs). Being the final test it's logically to expect the best players to play on this match and i think that our best players certainly aren't inferior to Manchester's B team.

Just like vs Arsenal i think we'll take advantage of our experience (their inexperience) and possibly win the game. But i'm not so sure that we'll perform well.
They dont need their stars to crash us, even their youngsters are fast enough to outrun us and when cannot face EPL teams with our typical 4-4-2, we are bound to get owned by default,
tactically, esp if we use our typical 2 DM sand desperate crosses tactics.
I hoped that CR will be smart and bold enough to try smth different, when he sees that tactics fail, but if he is bound to make only 3 subs and keep the same formation, that we wont be able to adapt, our fate is sealed, he have already hanged them the tactical advantage.
We ve always had the tendency to abuse crosses against the masters of cross+head it in, EPL teams...

If we score first and they use too many youngsters we might grab a positive result, but that would mean ugly defending, abusing physical intimidation and efficiency versus spectacle, i am sorry for the ones who paid the ticket to see an entertainment match:spliff: it could be a waste of time for them, but an essential match for CR to make the last fine tuning before our "critical" matches!

At this point the result means nothing, shame we are bound to sacrifice spectacle and the rare opportunity to risk new formations and tactics against such high quality opposition...

Ajmel

Aug 20, 2006
I've got tickets and I'm going there in about 15 minutes, I live next door to the stadium lol, don't worry I'll take plenty of pictures!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #208
    They dont need their stars to crash us, even their youngsters are fast enough to outrun us and when cannot face EPL teams with our typical 4-4-2, we are bound to get owned by default,
    tactically, esp if we use our typical 2 DM sand desperate crosses tactics.
    I hoped that CR will be smart and bold enough to try smth different, when he sees that tactics fail, but if he is bound to make only 3 subs and keep the same formation, that we wont be able to adapt, our fate is sealed, he have already hanged them the tactical advantage.
    We ve always had the tendency to abuse crosses against the masters of cross+head it in, EPL teams...

If we score first and they use too many youngsters we might grab a positive result, but that would mean ugly defending, abusing physical intimidation and efficiency versus spectacle, i am sorry for the ones who paid the ticket to see an entertainment match:spliff: it could be a waste of time for them, but an essential match for CR to make the last fine tuning before our "critical" matches!

At this point the result means nothing, shame we are bound to sacrifice spectacle and the rare opportunity to risk new formations and tactics against such high quality opposition...
    On a serious note, do you ever feel like going to watch Juventus live? If you know ahead that we play boring, we are so inferior when it comes to tactics and physically we get out muscled no matter what opponent we face. If you know that once we take the lead we become even more boring, why would you feel like going to the stadium and waste 90 minutes of your life on a boring event?

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
    I feel we're gonna struggle in the fullback positions again during this game - I really don't fancy Zebina against Giggs and Grygera/Brazzo against Nani. The question is - how good is Fraiser Campbell in the air? I know Tevez isn't the greatest in this respect.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Took the away win yesterday already ;)
    The bookies offer 4.30 on Juventus win and only 1.70 for Manchester. You can also call me whatever you call Rab, but this match is at least 50-50 and this is a huge underestimation of Juve by the bookies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I wonder how many chances we'll fashion during this game? It seems all our creativity is reliant on Camo and DP.
    We'll create at least 10 chances and we'll own them so hard that after the match Ferguson will ask Ranieri "Claudio, why did you own us so hard ?" and his red face will explode soon after.

1:3, Juve win

medo

May 26, 2007
    Now that's the spirit ..
    to be honest I'm sick of all criticism I hear by some fans all the time ..
    I believe it's like Gigi said - "we're not the most beautiful to watch, but the hardest to beat"
    in my opinion we are still in a recovering and building phase - not only for the season i mean, but to also get back and be the old Juve, the favourite team for all titles..
    it'll take a year or two.. but we're on the right way..
    teams, all teams, are afraid of us.

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
    We'll create at least 10 chances and we'll own them so hard that after the match Ferguson will ask Ranieri "Claudio, why did you own us so hard ?" and his red face will explode soon after.

1:3, Juve win

LOL If only, it'd make my week for sure.

If we can play like we normally play against Inter then we have a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)