[Friendly] Manchester United - Juventus (August 6th, 2008) (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Who needs creativity when we have POULSEN? :strong:
If Poulsen or Sissoko would move more up front to support our offensive players, nobody would ask for a "creative" mid and people would start praising Poulsen, as he has the passing skills to contribute to the offense.
Xabi Alonso playing as deep as Poulsen did yesterday, would have never been more "creative"

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Chiellini is not an average left back, he is a very good one, I would use him there, but we need him in the center, because all of the players of that position we got are all average, and I can't imagine what will happen if we take Chiellini from there, real matches and real tournaments are different that a friendly against Man.utd..

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #948
    We will not take Chiellini from the center, De Ceglie will come back soon and fix the problem.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    Chiellini is made to be a CB imo. His stature and intelligence in that position make him vital there. It is more likely he'll be a world class CB than a world class LB (kind of the reverse of Sergio Ramos)
    I dont expect much of a left sided marauding nature of play from him to be honest
    its just that he's such a no noncence player that I swear he can even be played at RB and we would want him there too

Molinaro is average yes, but he goes foward frequently plus I cannot honestly say we conceeded many goals last season DUE TO HIM as much as we did from legro or Grygera. It would be better if his crossing improved so that he creates more end product but at the back, we are hopefully looking at having out future captain Giorgio at CB

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    :lol2: These fuckers on MUTV are talking about how it was such a shame the fans couldn't "revel in the glory" after last season because they didn't win stuff at home. :lol2:

Seriously, I hope they all die in a plane crash.
    which Man U player sexually abused you as a child:confused:

keeping the Euro Champions scoreless ...tis sweet:spliff:

Erminy

Jul 2, 2008
    If Poulsen or Sissoko would move more up front to support our offensive players, nobody would ask for a "creative" mid and people would start praising Poulsen, as he has the passing skills to contribute to the offense.
    Xabi Alonso playing as deep as Poulsen did yesterday, would have never been more "creative"
    i dont mean any disrespect. but, you are absolutely wrong. the reason xabi would have been the perfect player for us is exactly because he can create problems from that deep. he doesnt need to go forward and dribble in order to cause problems to a defence. his passing does that for him. his ability to change pace and make a pinpoint 50 yard pass everytime he wishes gives him the chance to stay back and still add to our offensive play.

he was perfect for ranieri's style of play where having both cm going forward is some kind of a mortal sin.

anyway we have poulsen and we should forget about xabi. poulsen can also pass the ball well. he has the precision he just lacks the vision. but, some training and once he understands how our team moves should make it easier for him to do this.

dont expect our cm's to go forward regularly. this is exactly why tiago hasnt been able to shine with us. that what he does best and that is what our coach doesnt want him to do.

ranieri likes both cm to cover and let our wings do our creative work.

i also think xabi wouldnt have had much effect on this match but for a whole other set of reasons. mainly because i saw poor movement from our wings and his passing would have been worthless with static players.

sometimes i get so frustraded with ranieri's work. he is a mediocre coach that has only 1 set of ideas. we really need to hope that he qualifies us to the next champions league but at the same time he dissapoints enough to get him sacked.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
    That's why Bayern don't need Sali anymore last season
    So Grygera in Ajax...
    I don't understand why Secco brought 2 of them only because we just already promoted

That's a lot of good players waiting to play with us

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I see a young Thuram on Chiellini, he started out wide when he was young and he had the speed and the stamina to make a nice contribution up front and secure our flanks and then turned into a CB when he grew older
    Not even close.
    Thuram was a world class RB and he moved to CB only when he was 32 and he lost his speed.
    I agree that the pattern is similar but with Giorgio it happened when he was only 22, when Casiraghi saw that he's a much much better CB than a LB.

I really don't know how can someone say that Chiellini isn't an average LB. He's very clumsy with the ball at his feet, he can't make a simple dribbling even if his life depends on it and technically he's very poor.
    I'm lazy to check the serie B threads where people were shocked how whenever Giorgio plays one on one with someone (while we're attacking) he's losing the ball. He can't make crosses at full speed and he doesn't have the same stamina Zambrotta, or even Molinaro has, to be equally involved up front and at the back.
    Yesterday i couldn't count a single cross he made but i'll take your word that he had 4 attempts for crosses. 4 attempts is nothing for a full back. Even Molinaro has an average of +3 successful crosses during a match and we know that he makes at least 3 times more unsuccessful crosses.
    If Nedved was younger maybe we could do with a full back who's very strong defensively but inexistant in attack. But now we can't and with the players we have and the tactics we use we need a full back who'll run up and down, help the attack all the time and play good defense.
    Molinaro maybe isn't such a player, but Chiellini definitely isn't.

It's open for discussion if he'll make a better LB than Molinaro but please don't tell me that he makes a good LB because he doesn't.

We finally found a world class CB and people want him to play LB. And then these same people say that a professional coach who earns millions for the job he's doing knows nothing about football and they claim to know better. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)