[Friendly] JUVENTUS 3-1 Real Madrid (August 2nd 2023, 7:30pm EST) (1 Viewer)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Just seen the results and the stats

33% possesion
11 shots vs 34
294 passes vs 553

and we won 3-1.

was this a lucky result or are the stats decieving?
On second thoughts, I read a stat that said Madrid have had 63 shots and 1 goal in their last two matches :D They also hit the woodwork 4 times against Barcelona.

We pounced on Reals weakness lastnight, not sure if it was intentional lol but Vini is no striker he needs space and no decent striker to run off him, and we cancelled them out this way. Defensive Masterclass? :allegri:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just seen the results and the stats

33% possesion
11 shots vs 34
294 passes vs 553

and we won 3-1.

was this a lucky result or are the stats decieving?

Was not lucky. We hit them hard and clinical in first 20 minutes. Then we sat deep and let them, a team with no good strikers and lost of creativity, go nowhere without a point of reference. Occasionally countered while offering them no counters, just aimless possession and edge of box distance shots.

Only genuine counter they got after sloppy possession loss by Weah and Danilo, Vinny is open on the break and scores easy.

But we were more direct and better in counter as final goal showed.

Our first two goals were good team actions but real madrid were sleep walking in defence.

They badly need an attacker in their team tho, because Joselu missed two big chances, only non long shot attempts they had almost. And he missed badly.

Any other team with quality CF and we would been in trouble sitting this deep and losing ball immediately for most of game. But sitting deep vs this Real with Vinny who can't solo a whole siting defense, is not hard to face. Rest were CMs and useless Joselu.

But anyways, it's good result we lead the game from 49th second to final whistle.

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm going on about 27 years. It all started with Baggio and Del Piero. Now it's Mckennie and Weah #2. :touched:

Fuck our lives dude.
It's crazy.

I can't really remember when I became a fan. It must have been when I was about 5 or 6. Baggio was one of the first players I liked and he left when I was 8. Can you imagine I actually remember that Del Piero came in as a young prodigy? I remember people talking about whether he'd be good enough for Juventus or not.

It seems centuries ago.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's crazy.

I can't really remember when I became a fan. It must have been when I was about 5 or 6. Baggio was one of the first players I liked and he left when I was 8. Can you imagine I actually remember that Del Piero came in as a young prodigy? I remember people talking about whether he'd be good enough for Juventus or not.

It seems centuries ago.
I remember begging my dad to get me those Baggio boots with the yellow Diadora symbol. Had to drive like an hour away to find them. That was probably '94. Ever since about 2012 it's been a quick blur.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Honestly, the most impressive thing last night was how against a lot of Madrid's top attackers we held them to bad shots and shots outside the box. OBviously there were too many instances of needing the keeper to bail us out and that needs work but we held a very good Madrid side to taking potshots outside the box or taking low percentage chances.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The most noteworthy development so far in preseason has been off ball movement. Read something about Magnanelli already making an impact with the players, specifically their movements off the ball. So I don’t think the improvement is a coincidence

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The most noteworthy development so far in preseason has been off ball movement. Read something about Magnanelli already making an impact with the players, specifically their movements off the ball. So I don’t think the improvement is a coincidence
I must have missed the comms around Magnanelli joining our staff, he learned a lot under De Zerbi and was key to Sassuolo's man oriented press. Love it, this is a promising backroom signing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Honestly, the most impressive thing last night was how against a lot of Madrid's top attackers we held them to bad shots and shots outside the box. OBviously there were too many instances of needing the keeper to bail us out and that needs work but we held a very good Madrid side to taking potshots outside the box or taking low percentage chances.
This isn't really surprising though. That's basically our entire game. Team defends deep and the 5 defenders and midfield try to keep shots towards the periphery. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If we don't score first we're basically screwed. It's going to be the same crap as last year.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Allegrism is very deeply ingrained in Juventus culture now. Even after Allegri is gone, it will take a while till it's washed off. I think Pirlo and even Sarri were honest attempts to battle this - but without experience and a learning curve, dealing with the same players that were used to Allegri, it spectacularly failed. Tbh, even in Sarri's title, I think some biased referee decisions were instrumental for the league championship. Team was declining since the last 2 years of 1st Allegri spell I think.

So, this culture will take years AFTER Allegri to change, unless when he leaves, all main players leave along with him. That's the way these guys are conditioned to play football (fucking horrific). "Winning is all that matters". Allegri and his ugly 1-0 is unfortunately how it got done for most of his titles, and is now confused even with the "Juventus Way".

I probably haven't watched a full game in 2 or 3 yrs, honestly. Still feel somehow attached to the club and in times of deep procrastination or boreness, I light it up. But can't stand to try to watch something decent, only to be annoyed and angry by it. There really isn't much hope of catching something entertaining. I can't even watch highlights properly nowadays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)