[Friendly] JUVENTUS 3-1 Real Madrid (August 2nd 2023, 7:30pm EST) (1 Viewer)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Allegrism is very deeply ingrained in Juventus culture now. Even after Allegri is gone, it will take a while till it's washed off. I think Pirlo and even Sarri were honest attempts to battle this - but without experience and a learning curve, dealing with the same players that were used to Allegri, it spectacularly failed. Tbh, even in Sarri's title, I think some biased referee decisions were instrumental for the league championship. Team was declining since the last 2 years of 1st Allegri spell I think.

So, this culture will take years AFTER Allegri to change, unless when he leaves, all main players leave along with him. That's the way these guys are conditioned to play football (fucking horrific). "Winning is all that matters". Allegri and his ugly 1-0 is unfortunately how it got done for most of his titles, and is now confused even with the "Juventus Way".
While it’s difficult to change an organization’s culture it’s not impossible. It requires a change in leadership at the very top or at least their relentless backing + a very good manager that can break with the old and get through to the players and various levels of supporting functions to get everyone’s buy in. And you’re right it does require big changes to the squad.

We have some ingredients of that change already. New senior leadership and Guintoli, some young players in the squad and Vlahovic is still relatively new. Bonucci and Alex Sandro on their way out. And hopefully Allegri himself next season.

I am still in disbelief that he’s staying when he’s clearly a primary culprit for our demise and will cost us more than his sacking would. But hopefully in one year we have a new strong manager in his place to start the transformation with all the OGs out with him.

Conte and Marotta did it before. It can happen again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Allegrism is very deeply ingrained in Juventus culture now. Even after Allegri is gone, it will take a while till it's washed off. I think Pirlo and even Sarri were honest attempts to battle this - but without experience and a learning curve, dealing with the same players that were used to Allegri, it spectacularly failed. Tbh, even in Sarri's title, I think some biased referee decisions were instrumental for the league championship. Team was declining since the last 2 years of 1st Allegri spell I think.

So, this culture will take years AFTER Allegri to change, unless when he leaves, all main players leave along with him. That's the way these guys are conditioned to play football (fucking horrific). "Winning is all that matters". Allegri and his ugly 1-0 is unfortunately how it got done for most of his titles, and is now confused even with the "Juventus Way".

I probably haven't watched a full game in 2 or 3 yrs, honestly. Still feel somehow attached to the club and in times of deep procrastination or boreness, I light it up. But can't stand to try to watch something decent, only to be annoyed and angry by it. There really isn't much hope of catching something entertaining. I can't even watch highlights properly nowadays.
I see people are "wut"-ing your post, but you're definitely spot on when it comes to how our culture is a disease and will take years to change. You're absolutely correct about that. This Allegri guy has trained everyone at the club that there's only one way to play the game and now even Giuntoli is rumored to be dancing like a monkey to his requests for legacy players like Lukaku. Our situation is literally no different than what I see in a daily basis in the IT world - business units doing the same shit for years and when you try to create change, they push back even when being left behind. It takes strategy, time, and willing participants to create an organization of change. We'll get none of that with these guys in charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)