FRIENDLY: Holland - France (1 Viewer)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #23
    CANCELLATIONS

For Holland, Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer have rang Advocaat to cancel. Both defenders are incapable of playing next Wednesday's exhibition match against France due to injury problems.

Wilfred Bouma's participation is uncertain, the PSV defender is struggling with a minor injury but he's hoping to be able to play.

For France, Arsenal players Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira have also cancelled on the match for reasons unknown. France coach Santini called on Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon) and Benôit Pedretti (Sochaux) to replace the Arsenal stars.

The match has lost some appeal with the above mentioned players unavailable.

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    It will be fun to watch Davids and Zidane duke it out in the middle.
    And I'm getting to see the match LIVE!!!! (one of few live friendlies for the year)

Hopefully Trez can notch a few goals........
    France3 Holland2

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    There is hope for Erik ;)

Zidane is uncertain after he was forced to come off in the 80th minute against Sevilla. Marlet, Pires and Vieira are all out as well, their replacements are Cheyrou, Govou and Pedretti.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    No, he didn't. Yes, Anelka apologized for a specific event but I don't believe he showed remorse for everything the FA (and Santini) holds against him. Who would have known, Anelka has grown up since then but he'll have to do better than that to re-enter the squad, Santini holds grudges. And though he would be useful, they can go on perfectly well without him.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    No Saha and Anelka on this match, but Santini has called Johan Micoud (Werder Bremen) and Ludovic Giuly (AS Monaco).
    Hmm, very interesting ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    No, he didn't. Yes, Anelka apologized for a specific event but I don't believe he showed remorse for everything the FA (and Santini) holds against him. Who would have known, Anelka has grown up since then but he'll have to do better than that to re-enter the squad, Santini holds grudges. And though he would be useful, they can go on perfectly well without him.
    I see.. Thanx..

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    I think Holland will win....Van der sar will score from a goal kick, then there will be a huge debate as to if he actually meant to do it, or it was a fluke. Seedorf will score from the half way line, and Henry will score an own goal...

3- 0 to Holland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #36
    Not going to happen Suzanne: Seedorf just cancelled too!

By the rate this is going it'll end up being a 5-5 match :(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Not going to happen Suzanne: Seedorf just cancelled too!

By the rate this is going it'll end up being a 5-5 match :(
    That friendly a while back between Holland and Belgium was one of the most exciting matches I've ever seen :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)