[FRA] Ligue 1 2012/2013 (22 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Apparently both Sakho and Nene want to leave because they want guarantees of a starting spot next season, understandably Ancelotti did not give them any guarantees. Also, Nene actually walked out on the team after being subbed out against Barcelona, so word on the street is, Ancelotti asked the PSG administration to get rid of him.

Sakho also wants to leave, but of course his wage demands are a little too steep, which is probably going to make him moving to another club a little bit harder.

Today, the Ligue kicks off with a game between Montpellier and Toulouse. Congre is going to play his first Ligue game for Montpellier against his former club, that should be interesting. He's quite a solid and versatile defender and should be a very good addition for Montpellier. Bad news is, Belhanda and Mounier are injured and will miss the game, and Estrada is suspended. From Toulouse's side their star player Machado is out for the game. So i'm guessing the Ligue opener might be a little underwhelming.

Looks like Yanga Mbiwa is going to stay with Montpellier for the season. This is what Nicollin had to say about it:D: "For now, he is here even if we have to clench our buttocks until August 31. When we met in late May, he wished to stay and be the captain of Montpellier in the Champions League. So we have officially registered our staff with him among them"

Tomorrow PSG kick their season off, i'm expecting them to struggle to be honest. French teams are generally solid defensively and are physical and fast on the counterattack. Lorient's coach Christian Gourcuff is one of the best coaches in the Ligue, i personally admire him very much and believe the work he has done at Lorient is absolutely phenomenal. Lorient have notoriously been a tough nut to crack for the big teams, and managed to take two points off PSG last season. They're a very well organized team, and play one of the best counterattacking football in France. This season, they've added Alain Traore from Auxerre, who is a very good attacking midfielder with a wicked left foot, and they've added experience in Ludovic Giuly. Players like Zlatan, Lavezzi, Verratti and co don't know whats in store for them, so even though i expect PSG to win at home, you can expect them to have a very hard time against Ecule Manga, Emmeghara, Coutader and co.

I'm particularly interested in the personal battle between Ecule Manga and Zlatan, that should be one to watch.

Lille are going to kick off the season against St Etienne which should also be one of the most interesting games of the first week(too bad it will be played at the same time as PSG's game). Unfortunately it won't be in their new stadium. Lille play the most attractive brand of football in the Ligue, Rudi Garcia likes his teams to play quick paced, short passing football. A Lille without Hazard is hard to imagine to be honest, but they have brought in Marvin Martin and Kalou, so lets see how they do. St Etienne also have been very good in the transfer window, they've brought in Cohade, whom i like very much, very good midfielder, whose quite experienced in the Ligue too. They've also brought in Hamouma whose an exciting pacey winger. Christophe Galtier has been getting the club back to where it belongs ever since he took over a couple of years back, so i expect them to improve even more this season with all their new signings.

Sorry for the Cronios-like post, but i'm excited for the start of the Ligue season :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You didnt even mention Lyon, are they so midtable nowadays? :D
They are :D

Seriously, even the quality of players at Lyon has gone down significantly. Aly Cissoko wants to leave, and they're not intending to invest in the team. Instead they're going to depend on youngsters such as Lacazette, Grenier, Fofana, Kone and co. They're decent players, but not good enough to compete to be honest. Its going to be a challenge for them to finish in the top 3 next season imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Interesting opener so far for the Ligue. Montpellier started the game well, and scored the first goal after a nice counter attack, S.Camara chipped the keeper. 5 minutes before the end of the first half, a very clumsy foul by Saihi and he gets a straight red. Girard is put in a tough spot and is forced to take off his playmaker Cabella for a DM in Marveaux.

Montpellier with 10 men now.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 23:33 ----------

Oh and btw, guess who is Toulouse new captain this season?

Jonathan Zebina:D

He's playing his debut today with Toulouse.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya, brings back memories huh? :D

On a more game related note, Toulouse score the equalizer, and a minute later they get a red card too :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Juventino[RUS];3801513 said:
Only Belhanda was missed, isn't it?
No, Belhanda, Estrada and their new signing, Mounier. I posted that before the game with like 11 hours(check post at the top of the page)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Juventino[RUS];3801530 said:
Ok, so PSG will destroy Lorient today ?
Why are you so reluctant to read the post at the top of the page, i talked about all the important Ligue games in it :D

These are my thoughts on PSG's games:

Apparently both Sakho and Nene want to leave because they want guarantees of a starting spot next season, understandably Ancelotti did not give them any guarantees. Also, Nene actually walked out on the team after being subbed out against Barcelona, so word on the street is, Ancelotti asked the PSG administration to get rid of him.

Sakho also wants to leave, but of course his wage demands are a little too steep, which is probably going to make him moving to another club a little bit harder.

Today, the Ligue kicks off with a game between Montpellier and Toulouse. Congre is going to play his first Ligue game for Montpellier against his former club, that should be interesting. He's quite a solid and versatile defender and should be a very good addition for Montpellier. Bad news is, Belhanda and Mounier are injured and will miss the game, and Estrada is suspended. From Toulouse's side their star player Machado is out for the game. So i'm guessing the Ligue opener might be a little underwhelming.

Looks like Yanga Mbiwa is going to stay with Montpellier for the season. This is what Nicollin had to say about it:D: "For now, he is here even if we have to clench our buttocks until August 31. When we met in late May, he wished to stay and be the captain of Montpellier in the Champions League. So we have officially registered our staff with him among them"

Tomorrow PSG kick their season off, i'm expecting them to struggle to be honest. French teams are generally solid defensively and are physical and fast on the counterattack. Lorient's coach Christian Gourcuff is one of the best coaches in the Ligue, i personally admire him very much and believe the work he has done at Lorient is absolutely phenomenal. Lorient have notoriously been a tough nut to crack for the big teams, and managed to take two points off PSG last season. They're a very well organized team, and play one of the best counterattacking football in France. This season, they've added Alain Traore from Auxerre, who is a very good attacking midfielder with a wicked left foot, and they've added experience in Ludovic Giuly. Players like Zlatan, Lavezzi, Verratti and co don't know whats in store for them, so even though i expect PSG to win at home, you can expect them to have a very hard time against Ecule Manga, Emmeghara, Coutader and co.

I'm particularly interested in the personal battle between Ecule Manga and Zlatan, that should be one to watch.

Lille are going to kick off the season against St Etienne which should also be one of the most interesting games of the first week(too bad it will be played at the same time as PSG's game). Unfortunately it won't be in their new stadium. Lille play the most attractive brand of football in the Ligue, Rudi Garcia likes his teams to play quick paced, short passing football. A Lille without Hazard is hard to imagine to be honest, but they have brought in Marvin Martin and Kalou, so lets see how they do. St Etienne also have been very good in the transfer window, they've brought in Cohade, whom i like very much, very good midfielder, whose quite experienced in the Ligue too. They've also brought in Hamouma whose an exciting pacey winger. Christophe Galtier has been getting the club back to where it belongs ever since he took over a couple of years back, so i expect them to improve even more this season with all their new signings.

Sorry for the Cronios-like post, but i'm excited for the start of the Ligue season :weee:

Mar 9, 2006
I don't agree with you, PSG will not struggle in upcoming season, Ibrahimovic will finish as MVP of the season with 20+ goals and assists, but in the first 5-6 games they will have some problems because their team chemistry are not good enough yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)