[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He is, but is likely to leave in the summer.

We are four points behind our rival for a European spot with four games to go. We play our rival on Thursday night and basically have to win.

Jul 15, 2006
He is, but is likely to leave in the summer.

We are four points behind our rival for a European spot with four games to go. We play our rival on Thursday night and basically have to win.
That's achievable I suppose but the problem is relying on other teams' form as well, is he going to leave on a bosman or fee? Probably to the bloody Championship right?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, I was very surprised by Gerets decision to go to Al Hilal at least if they do win Ligue 1 he can leave with his head held high. As for Le Guen where is he going? They're having a pretty good season, a lot more stability as you would get with Le Guen the more time he's at the helm there; imagine if he goes to Bayern!
I'm a Hilal fan actually, so i'm glad Gerets is coming over:tup:

Paul Le Guen at Rangers. :touched:

Those were the days.
I knew you'd pop up with this response.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The problem is our form; we don't look capable of beating anyone at the moment.

Severin is out of contract in the summer and there is every chance he will go to the Championship.

I'm not that bothered, because he hasn't done enough this season to justify being one of our top paid players.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:D

But they were really efficient yesterday. Marseille choked big time too, they dominated the game, but 2 chances were enough for Lyon to finish it off from the first half.

For all the Grosso fans, he's been dropped lately even though Lyon dont have any recognized leftback. Puel has been playing Kallstrom there lately, testimony to how high Puel rates Fabio Grosso.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Damn, Lille were good yesterday. They played some breathtaking football, unfortunately it wasn't good enough to secure a win. But some of the interchanges between Bastos, Cabaye, Obraniak and Hazard were just brilliant. Would hate to see one of them move to another team next season.

Jul 15, 2006
Damn, Lille were good yesterday. They played some breathtaking football, unfortunately it wasn't good enough to secure a win. But some of the interchanges between Bastos, Cabaye, Obraniak and Hazard were just brilliant. Would hate to see one of them move to another team next season.
If only they put in a similar performance in the fixture versus Marseille, but yeah, so you would hate for any one of them to join Arsenal? :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Bordeaux are playing some sexy football :drool:

Monaco are a nice side too, their counterattacking football and their young team are a joy to watch.

If Bordeaux win today, they win the league imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)