Forza Juve in Asia!- a MUST READ! (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Budding Asian players can look forward to learning the Juve style of soccer from coaches of Italy's most successful football club who will swing by this part of the world in May/June to spread their gospel of the beautiful game.

And unlike other top European teams, Juventus will be in Asia for the long term and not just fly over for a game or two to make a quick buck.

In an announcement to the Asian media in the Juventus headquarters in Turin, Italy on Feb 2, marketing director of Juventus Romy Gai said the full coaching staff of Juventus will tour China, Japan and one country in South-East Asia in late May/early June.

"We will be deciding on the South East Asian destination soon. This tour by the coaches will pave the way to a trip by the full Juventus team in the summer of 2005 to play with Asian teams. We want to be part of the development of football in Asia and not just play there. This approach is new and has not been done by any other club," he said.

Juve will be working in tandem with Nike, the club's technical sponsor, to spread the Juve way of football globally.

During the coaches' tour, the training staff will help to develop a system of football academies in Asia to promote football.

"We will meet with players and Asian countries and hold training sessions to promote Juve's approach to the game and help them grow with us and at the same time promoting the Juventus brand," Gai said.

In the 12-year contract with Nike signed in November 2001, licensing, merchandising and retailing will be handled by Juventus Merchandising, wholly-owned company of the Nike group.

General manager of Juventus Merchandising, Eno Polo, said his objective is to make Nike the leading football brand by 2006.

"We work with the best teams and Juventus is one of top clubs in the world. Like our deal with Manchester United, we are partners with Juventus to promote it as a global brand. Juventus kits were launched last July and appeared in 170 windows all over Italy and there was a lot of PR activity. When Juventus when to New York, they played Barcelona and a supercup match against Milan.

Juventus Merchandising will help Juventus grow their brand and Nike to sell merchandise. The company is housed in the Juventus headquarters. It is a real joint venure.

As for licensing, everything with the Nike logo is by Nike and everything with the Juventus logo without the Nike logo is by Juventus Merchandising. We now have 60 companies working with us making all sorts of souvenirs, like neckties, key chains and clocks.

We are working with Asian partners to create a concept of brand image and we want to diversify the range of products to cater to all types of consumers."

When Juventus Merchandising started operations, they found out that there was a problem with distribution and the fans did not know where to buy the products.

"Since then, we have opened Juventus stores in Turin (on the upmarket and popular Via Garibaldi shopping street) and Tokyo. There are also Juventus shops, which are semi-permanent, at the stadium and summer village where 35,000 fans turn up to watch the team train for two weeks. The online store is already in operation and we will set up Juventus corners in some sports shops. This will take off first in Italy and then Tokyo and later South East Asia.

We have improved the online shopping website and on the opening day, there were 10,000 visitors and the server crashed and the news was published in some newspapers."

Polo added that Juventus merchandising will push forward with soccer education in the form of a Juventus University, academies and summer camps.

"The Juventus university will open in June and it will train coaches to play the Juve way. Before summer camps can start, the coaches must be trained the Juve way so that 10-12 year olds will learn discipline, technical and tactical methods, and the history of the club.

Academies will open in September and kids will participate twice a week to train to be future pros. Sixty academies will open all over Italy that will be coached by Juventus-trained staff. The academies will be extended to Canada then to Asia.

During summer there will be camps for kids to play football for fun and learn more about the game. THe first to be run by Nike and Juventus will start in mid-June in the mountains near Turin. In the summer of 2005, these camps will be extended to Asia and other parts of Italy."

Gai said the first official game with the Nike shirt was in New York in the Italian supercup match (against milan) which Juve won (on penalties) and "we need to continue the same way"

He added: "juve are the most profitable team in Italy. We have 13 million fans in Italy and a 41% market share. No other team in Europe has that much market share in their own country.

Our fans are everywhere in Italy and there are more Juve fans in the Milan region than in Turin. That's why sometimes difficult to have a full stadium. As for regional market share, we are always the first or second team in any region in Italy.

In Europe, we have the best balance of female (46%) and male (54%) fans. We have 8 million fans in the UK, France, Germany and Spain. We increased that by 17% in the last two years. We have 3 million fans in East Europe probably because Nedved (who is from Czech Republic) is playing with us. We are number one in west Europe, ahead of Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona or Milan.

We know taht football is popular in China. We have awareness of 56% and 76% of football fans watch Juve matches. In Japan football is the second sport behind baseball. Juve have awareness of 10% which is equal to the leading Japanese team and 30% of those interested in football watch Juve matches. Therefore we have global impact and we expect the figures to increase. Surfers from three Asian countries- Japan, Indonesia and China- are the highest users of Juventus.com"

Vice president of Juventus Roberto bettega said the following the tie up with Nike, Juventus will be moving from "the little world of ours" to the big world of global market.

The end.

------

BOY THAT WAS SO TIRING TO TYPE
anyway

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
I hope the SE Asian country that Juve will play in is Thailand.
I am thai. Born in Australia. Study in Australia. And going back to thailand in May 05 to see Juve play in my homecountry

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I really like Juve's approach and their method of marketing. No other club has done this before!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
There is an enormous support for Juve in Thailand. Most people like Nedved and DP and Gigi. They will have a good time if they come to Thailand.

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Well I hope it's malaysia. My unofficial fan club will be sending a letter to Romy Gai :D

THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY for me to convince Bettega that my fan club should be associated with Juve

FINALLY something is happening

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Imagine DP leading juve out of the tunnel of the Rajamangala Stadium. 60,000 fans cheering on them wildly!!

I'd love to be there

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Teams from Europe always choose Malaysia, I don't know why?
    Football is very big in Thailand! I really want Juve to come one day. I will get front row seats for it.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
    There is an enormous support for Juve in Thailand. Most people like Nedved and DP and Gigi. They will have a good time if they come to Thailand.
    There are very few Juve fans in Singapore :down:. Probably I am the only Nedved fan in Singapore :D:cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003

I am thai. Born in Australia. Study in Australia. And going back to thailand in May 05 to see Juve play in my homecountry
    Awesome! I went on a mission trip to Thailand at the end of last year, I love the place, the people, the food :thumb: I went to ChiangMai, Bangkok and Krabi.

How old r u and whereabouts u staying in Sydney?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Well I hope it's malaysia. My unofficial fan club will be sending a letter to Romy Gai :D
    That's great, Sally! Maybe Gai can come over and clip the banner with scissors to open the first [presumably] official fanclub in Malaysia! :cool::D

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Awesome! I went on a mission trip to Thailand at the end of last year, I love the place, the people, the food :thumb: I went to ChiangMai, Bangkok and Krabi.

How old r u and whereabouts u staying in Sydney?
    I am 15, I am a boarder at the Scots College in Bellevue Hill (Eastern Suburbs) what about yourself

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I can safely say: no.

France came to play a friendly once, but the most famous club side to visit Australia is Colo Colo :groan:

btw, scroll up and plz answer my questions :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)