Forum Bugs & Suggestions (14 Viewers)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #362
    We've started migrating to a new server. To not cause any downtime we're already connecting to the new server's SQL server and I'll switch over the nameservers to the new server shortly, probably during the day.

Not a whole lot different with the new server hardware wise (8 core Xeon CPU, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB Enterprise SATA HDDs in RAID 1, 1 Gbit/s) but it's using the latest stable Debian (we used Debian 7.9 before) and a lot of updated software. So we're using Apache 2.4 instead of 2.2, MariaDB 10 instead of MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.6 instead of 5.4 etc. So there's some added stability, security and hopefully a bit speedier.

If you find any bugs, let me know.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #364
    When we switched back to the good old Juventuz.com domain, the captcha plugin (mod that checks if you're human or not) no longer worked since the domain didn't match. So new registrations didn't work.

I've disabled the plugin so registrations should work now. I'll fix the plugin tonight.

Thanks to X and Salvo for spotting the bug

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    When we switched back to the good old Juventuz.com domain, the captcha plugin (mod that checks if you're human or not) no longer worked since the domain didn't match. So new registrations didn't work.

I've disabled the plugin so registrations should work now. I'll fix the plugin tonight.

Thanks to X and Salvo for spotting the bug
    :tup:
    @X @Salvo :tup::tup:

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #373
    @Zacheryah Hehe yeah it should :p

Problem is it was restarting the webserver for every domain after it had been reconfigured, poorly written control panel script. Smart thing would be to write all the configuration files then restart. Anyway, should be fast as a flash now. :agree:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    @Marty, Juve are losing a lot. Can you do something about that? kthxbye
    You act like losing is a bad thing

Are you familiar with the concept of 'addition by subtraction'?

Not to be confused with 'edition by 'subtraction' (the anonymous blogger)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)