Formula One 2013 (25 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
If Chilton moves 'up' in this sport, we have a perfect illustration of the problem with pay drivers.

The Lotus seat is a really tough one to call. If the reports of Ferrari paying Hulk to not drive for Lotus in the final two races are true, are they anticipating Alonso leaving after next year? Maldonado and Perez would be the other two candidates, I still think Perez could have more to give and Maldonado does play the part of a very fast driver from time to time. No doubt which of the three you'd have more faith in though.

I really hope Sauber consider bringing Kobayashi back to replace Gutierrez.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Chilton doesn't even deserve to be in F1, there are proper pay drivers like Perez and then guys who shouldn't be in the sport like Chilton.

:shocked: I haven't heard that, but it's possible. It might also be that paying Hulkenberg not to drive and getting a spot or two higher in constructors' championship will be more lucrative (assuming that Hulkenberg is a better driver than anyone else Lotus could get). If Ferrari have another season like this Alonso no doubt will probably go back to McLaren (Honda) and I wouldn't even blame him. If the team remains like this he is wasting his talent because basically the team has failed him. Having a sub par team-mate didn't help either.

I think Lotus' financial situation is sorted out for next season so Hulkenberg will probably get the drive, he said he would even drive for less or even free (?) for a better car. I think Perez and Maldonado will most likely get drives though, they both have massive financial backing.

Kobayashi :touched:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If Chilton moves 'up' in this sport, we have a perfect illustration of the problem with pay drivers.

The Lotus seat is a really tough one to call. If the reports of Ferrari paying Hulk to not drive for Lotus in the final two races are true, are they anticipating Alonso leaving after next year? Maldonado and Perez would be the other two candidates, I still think Perez could have more to give and Maldonado does play the part of a very fast driver from time to time. No doubt which of the three you'd have more faith in though.

I really hope Sauber consider bringing Kobayashi back to replace Gutierrez.
The pay driver is a horrible concept. It is difficult to tell whether Chilton has talent in such a terrible team. He certainly has not stood out to deserve a move 'up'.

Would love to see Kobayashi back, he was always entertaining.

There was talk of Maldonado to Lotus given the doubts over the weight restrictions and Hulkenberg. Maybe they will go for Maldo or Perez given their alleged cash problems.

Surprised Perez has left McLaren, I think he has improved as the season went on and is a talented driver.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
In these days there's pretty much as much chance of staying in GP2 or another feeder series & trying to attract attention of a mid or top team than there is to take a job at one of the bottom teams in F1 to further your career.

May 22, 2007
:shocked: I haven't heard that, but it's possible. It might also be that paying Hulkenberg not to drive and getting a spot or two higher in constructors' championship will be more lucrative (assuming that Hulkenberg is a better driver than anyone else Lotus could get). If Ferrari have another season like this Alonso no doubt will probably go back to McLaren (Honda) and I wouldn't even blame him. If the team remains like this he is wasting his talent because basically the team has failed him. Having a sub par team-mate didn't help either.
I'd take it with a pinch of salt but it's not ludicrous, given the Sauber connection too.

I agree re Alonso. The driver and di Montezemolo are getting tired and I think eventually rumours will start heating up about a German getting a seat fitted. With Button likely to leave McLaren, there's a big spot open there as well.

The pay driver is a horrible concept. It is difficult to tell whether Chilton has talent in such a terrible team. He certainly has not stood out to deserve a move 'up'.

Would love to see Kobayashi back, he was always entertaining.

There was talk of Maldonado to Lotus given the doubts over the weight restrictions and Hulkenberg. Maybe they will go for Maldo or Perez given their alleged cash problems.

Surprised Perez has left McLaren, I think he has improved as the season went on and is a talented driver.
Chilton will be compared with Bianchi because they're both rookies, and he's been dominated over the course of the season. Bianchi is the reason they're above the Caterhams in the constructors as well, I think they'd be better off risking a new GP2 driver with financial backing.

"I prefer to have talent and let my engineers work on saving weight in the car," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"It is true that 10kg on paper is roughly three tenths of a second, but the target is to at least be on the weight limit. And then, you don't have this issue anymore."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110466
Boullier has been vocal in liking Hulk, I think it's a minor complication. The Quantum deal will probably push Lotus towards Hulk here, unless they're really desperate. Again, shame that this becomes a factor in the sport when you have one driver that is obviously better than the other.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

not bad

- - - Updated - - -

Boullier has been vocal in liking Hulk, I think it's a minor complication. The Quantum deal will probably push Lotus towards Hulk here, unless they're really desperate. Again, shame that this becomes a factor in the sport when you have one driver that is obviously better than the other.
Hopefully Hulkenberg gets the Lotus drive, he could do very well if the car's performance is up there

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
didn't watch QF, have an exam on monday but still going to try and watch the race.

nice from alonso 5th.

hulkenberg is too good

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
first race I didn't watch all year. i actually woke up (6am) and watched the start and then they had safety car but decided it was better to get enough sleep before my exam

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
"Caterham's decision will be influenced by how much money a driver can provide."

Not at all about how good they are. Man that's depressing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)