Formula One 2013 (5 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Interesting. Lotus will have two very unpredictable drivers, although Grosjean has been excellent in the second half of the season. I would preferred to see Hulkenberg or even Perez go there.

Force India will have a great team if they can get their car right.

No Di Resta? He is a good driver but I guess lacks the financial backing of others. He could even do well for Lotus,

May 22, 2007
I think almost everyone would have wanted Maldonado to not get the drive, should be interesting to see his mongoloid tactics against the big boys (if he's provided a competitive car).

di Resta has lost his seat because he's not really that exciting, good at tyre management but I can't say I remember him being quick since 2011.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
nice work by Alonso for P3, could have even got P2 if not for a mistake

- - - Updated - - -

sad to see webber's last race. at least another aussie is taking his spot

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think almost everyone would have wanted Maldonado to not get the drive, should be interesting to see his mongoloid tactics against the big boys (if he's provided a competitive car).

di Resta has lost his seat because he's not really that exciting, good at tyre management but I can't say I remember him being quick since 2011.
I would agree about him not being that exciting. But he is a solid driver and had some decent races over the past two seasons (He just missed out on a podium in Bahrain earlier this year). I rate him more highly than Maldonado.

I am not saying that he should be in a top team but he is good enough to have a drive.

Rumours are that he will replace his cousin Dario Franchitti in Indy Car.

- - - Updated - - -

nice work by Alonso for P3, could have even got P2 if not for a mistake

- - - Updated - - -

sad to see webber's last race. at least another aussie is taking his spot
:agree:

Hope Webber manages to beat Vettel today. I wonder if Vettel was first and Webber second would he let him through?

I like Ricciardo but I would have liked to have seen someone more competitive as Vettel's team-mate.

May 22, 2007
I would agree about him not being that exciting. But he is a solid driver and had some decent races over the past two seasons (He just missed out on a podium in Bahrain earlier this year). I rate him more highly than Maldonado.

I am not saying that he should be in a top team but he is good enough to have a drive.

Rumours are that he will replace his cousin Dario Franchitti in Indy Car.
I don't think Sutil is that interesting either to be fair so I'm probably being a bit harsh, both of them are what I'd consider the Takuma Sato of this era. Maldonado has that race win in Catalunya to fall back on in the comparison which probably gives him the edge in terms of results, but I'd probably be inclined to go for di Resta as a second driver if money wasn't a factor.

Paul also has DTM to fall back on, which he's had success in. Should be fine I think.

Hope Webber manages to beat Vettel today. I wonder if Vettel was first and Webber second would he let him through?

I like Ricciardo but I would have liked to have seen someone more competitive as Vettel's team-mate.
More chance of Chilton winning the GP today I think :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
race was great, maybe the most exciting of the season.

nice send out for mark, especially being right at the top between two of the best.

what a shit decision for felipe though, that drive through was ridiculous.

next season should be good, many more changes to look for.. cars, driver lineups etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Kimi and Alonso in one team :tuttosport:
:tuttosport:

james allison & rory byrne also :tuttosport:

maybe even brawn will be back too

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Sutil is that interesting either to be fair so I'm probably being a bit harsh, both of them are what I'd consider the Takuma Sato of this era. Maldonado has that race win in Catalunya to fall back on in the comparison which probably gives him the edge in terms of results, but I'd probably be inclined to go for di Resta as a second driver if money wasn't a factor.

Paul also has DTM to fall back on, which he's had success in. Should be fine I think.
Maldonado is really nothing special imo. I would take Sutil out of the three of them. I guess it could depend on the tires though, because Di Resta did pretty good on the 2013 tires. So if the tires are more like them next season I would take Di Resta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)