Formula one 2009 (7 Viewers)

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
Button halts Red Bull charge with victory in Istanbul
Jenson Button made it six from seven as he ran away and hid from the Red Bulls of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel in Turkey on Sunday afternoon. It was a perfect riposte for Brawn after their defeat in China at the hands of the Australian/German duo.

Vettel led from pole but as team mate Rubens Barrichello made a terrible start from the clean side of the grid, Button held on to second place. When Vettel ran wide exiting Turn 10 the championship leader pounced mercilessly and thereafter did not relent in his punishment.

Vettel was on a three-stop strategy, and that error was the last thing he wanted. In the end his strategy failed to work for him, and he had to settle for third place behind Webber, who ran a very strong race on a two-stop plan but was almost 20s behind Button until the latter eased off in the closing stages. The Brawn driver eventually finished 6.7s ahead, as Vettel hitched on to Webber’s bumper to finish 0.7s adrift.

The race was all about the three of them.

Toyota’s Jarno Trulli and Williams’ Nico Rosberg had a race long battle for fourth which went the Italian’s way, while Felipe Massa’s hopes of a fourth straight victory here in the Ferrari were clearly unrealistic and he had to be satisfied with a distant sixth place ahead of the battling BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica and Toyota’s Timo Glock.

Kimi Raikkonen was one of many stars to have an unrewarding afternoon. He brought his Ferrari home ninth ahead of Fernando Alonso’s Renault, the Spaniard separated from McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton by BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld and Williams’ Kazuki Nakajima. Hamilton avoided being lapped only because Button backed off.

In a poor day for McLaren Heikki Kovalainen was 14th, a lap down, and led home Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi, Renault’s Nelson Piquet, Force India’s Adrian Sutil and Sebastien Bourdais in the second Toro Rosso.

Barrichello had a miserable afternoon which included a spin after a brush with Kovalainen and nose damage after a collision with Sutil, and retired after 47 laps. Force India’s Giancarlo Fisichella went out earlier than that with mechanical gremlins, after four laps.

Button now has 61 points over Barrichello on 35, Vettel on 29 and Webber on 27.5. Brawn have 96 points to Red Bull’s 56.5.

formula1.com ..***..

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Good to see Weber getting some podium finishes. But Red Bull are going to have to do something drastic with their cars to catch up to Braun's standard. Vettel will become such a good driver. If he has a good enough car, he will dominate in the future.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
First race I watched yesterday of this season, and probably the last also, good thing Barichello was screwing things up yesterday else it were 2 completely wasted hours of my live.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Great input you provided in this thread.
Well, I am being honest, and expressing an opinion. What is so exciting about watching one team and one driver run away with the title? Hardly makes for a thrilling or spectacular season.

I reckon the season will mostly be remembered for Ferrari's flaws, McLaren's incompetence, and Nelson Piquet Jr. surviving for as long as he did in F1 racing (given his questionable driving ability, and spectacular failures one race after another).

David01

Aug 20, 2006
this is boring as hell, maybe with Ferrari it was the same but somehow I enjoyed watching them win all the time
now I have absolutely no affection towards Button
I really don't like getting my ass kicked avery race
I'm not that masochistic

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's different, Ferrari's dominance was because of the superiority of the dirver and the team. Button is dominating because of the fucked up FIA regulations.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:agree:

It seems that everything is set for Brawn GP to win the title. And when we remember how hard FIA worked to stop Scumacher and Ferrari's dominance, and how championship was boring with them at the top.

And I must admit that it's not fun to watch Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW fighting for penauts...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It wasn't intended that Brawn would win, it just happened that they managed the new regulations.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending FIA, this season has became boring as hell.

But Brawn was always someone who "danced" on the edge of regulations with his engineering, he did it with Ferrari and he did it with his own team now. The guy's a genius and I don't think it was a coincidence he's dominating ATM. He spent the whole last season designing this car and completely disregarded the current season. I give my props to the man. Sure, the FIA screwed everyone else over, but hey, it's not their fault everyone else doesn't have Brawn.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ferrari were dominate the FIA did all that was possible to stop it they have succeeded , now we have the most boring bull shit i have ever seen.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending FIA, this season has became boring as hell.

But Brawn was always someone who "danced" on the edge of regulations with his engineering, he did it with Ferrari and he did it with his own team now. The guy's a genius and I don't think it was a coincidence he's dominating ATM. He spent the whole last season designing this car and completely disregarded the current season. I give my props to the man. Sure, the FIA screwed everyone else over, but hey, it's not their fault everyone else doesn't have Brawn.
I didn't disregard his talent, in fact I said what you just said briefly. They managed the new regulations, didn't they?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I didn't disregard his talent, in fact I said what you just said briefly. They managed the new regulations, didn't they?
Bah, I didn't mean to directly quote you, it was a force of habbit.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
If Bernie and Max think they can run F1 without the likes of Ferrari, McLaren, Renault etc. they are nuts... who wants to see Williams and Force India race? :lol2:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I saw this shit on the news just before going to bed lastnight. What are they going to do now? I suppose the breakaway series will become the one everyone will watch and the originally one will just fade away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)