Formula one 2009 (7 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Forza Ferrari...heard that they will sacrifice this season to make a better car for next year..at their powerfull status they can't loose much

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:shifty:

A trying to make a point here but you guys dont seem to see any further by your blind hate for Ferrari and me... thats just saaad...
I don't hate you and I don't hate Ferrari, I suppose...I hated Schumacher and as a sideffect hated Ferrari. Now Hamilton being my #1 hate figure in the sport, I don't mind seing the Ferrari cars win at all.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
look the FIA tried to make things more competative, they failed they just turned the tables like i said. TBH the races have just become repetative and boring.....i wouldnt of minded if all cars became more competative but now its just brawn leading the way and red bull following... im not goign to say im not dissapointed as i am a ferrari fan but its just frustrating really. all these changes every damn year and then reverting to old rules and regulations after a few season is just stupid, im sorry but F1 is starting to lose its appeal to me and ive followed it avidly for as long as i can remember and its not because ferrari and dominating but rather because the constant rule changes and now this have just made it boring....

OP
Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #171
    Just what i was trying to say, they are trying to make the sport more competitive, increasing the odds the smaller teams have...

It remains to be seen, if this will benefit the sport or not, but it is def a very bold step...

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    if ferrari leave it wont benefit anyone, imagine the fans of the sport they would lose as well as nuetrals they cant and wont let ferrari leave.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Anyone who hates Ferrari must be sucking a McLaren cock; they are the biggest and dirtiest cheaters in the sport, not to mention that they are also very unsportsmanlike and sour losers. Mclaren are like the New England Patriots of F1.

If Ferrari go ahead with their plan to quit F1, it will be to the detriment of the sport. It's like Moto GP without Valentino Rossi.

Yes, I like to infiltrate every thread with my opinions :p

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #177
    Ferrari drivers Felipe Massa and Kimi Räikkönen have backed their team's motives as the reigning World Champions threaten to leave Formula One as a result of the FIA's proposed budget cap for 2010. In doing so, however, the pairing admit that the possibility of the sport continuing without the team is more of a difficulty to invisage.

Massa joined the Scuderia as team-mate to Michael Schumacher in 2006, before going on to challenge Lewis Hamilton for the title last year, missing out by a single point at the final race in Brazil. "I understand the motivation, why the company got to this point," the Brazilian stated. "The idea of having a championship with two classes - with cars which, for example, are allowed to have flexible wings or an engine without a rev limiter - is absurd. We've already seen this year that the rules' uncertainty not only lead to a lot of confusion for us involved, but mainly for the fans. Imagine what might happen with what has been set up for 2010..."

Finn Räikkönen became part of the team as a replacement for Schumacher in 2007, seeing off a mighty McLaren charge to steal the World Championship title at Interlagos to complete a glorious first season in a red car. "It's difficult to think of a Formula 1 without Ferrari," he continued. "When I drove for McLaren, Ferrari was the benchmark, the competitor you had to be compared with. Since I've arrived here, I've understood that it is much more than just a team; it's a legend, for its road and racing cars."

Company president Luca di Montezemolo, also head of the Formula One Teams' Association, is set to meet with the FIA this Friday in order to discuss the issue, for which four other teams' futures also appear to hang in the balance

"For a driver, racing a Ferrari in Formula 1 is a dream and I made mine come true," Massa added, who first entered the F1 paddock delivering pizzas for the Benetton team in São Paulo at eight years old. "I always had the passion for racing with everything with an engine and I always thought of Formula 1 as the pinnacle of motor sports, in terms of competition and technology," Räikkönen continued. "I can't imagine drivers racing each other on the track with cars built according to different rules; that wouldn't be good for the sport itself or for the fans. If that should happen, it would be too bad and I understand that a company like Ferrari is thinking about racing somewhere else."

Dear friends,

I want to thank you personally for the numerous messages of support we received from all over the world over the last hours on our website and via email. It is important to know that we can count on the support of our fans all over the world and that our fans completely share the motivations, which brought us to take such a decision. If we were forced to leave the Championship we were part of over the last 60 years of our history and where we set all the records in terms of victories, it is because they want to change the nature of its founding values.

If it really was like that, then I have to say that our cars will race in other competitions, where - and I am absolutely convinced about that - they will find the enthusiasm and the passion of millions of fans, following us in every corner of the world. Racing is part of Ferrari's DNA and this is something that will never change.

The Renault team has become the fourth team, in five days to hint an exit from Formula One at the end of the 2009 season
    . The French marque, which re-entered the sport in 2002, follows Toyota, Red Bull and Ferrari in hinting that its departure will take place before 2010 until the FIA reviews its proposed budget cap scheme for next season.

In an official statement released on behalf of both the manufacturer and its F1 team on Wednesday, Renault's message follows a different tone to the three already released by other teams since Saturday. The squad, current home of former double World Champion Fernando Alonso, believes in the FIA's motives to lower costs but is against the manner in which the sport's governing body put forward the proposal without consultation of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), which represents the current 11 teams on the grid.

The statement read: "There is frustration that FOTA's constructive proposals, including major cost saving measures to be adopted progressively between 2009 and 2012, which were carefully constructed by FOTA members (during a Geneva meeting in March), have been completely ignored without any form of consultation by the FIA with the teams.

"It should be stressed that FOTA has set the same, if not lower, financial objective as the FIA, but Renault strongly believes that this must be introduced through a different procedure agreed by all parties." Teams are chiefly unhappy with the 'two-tier' championship which would be made possible with the introduction of the budget cap, as those wishing not to follow the spending limit may run but under restricted technical regulations.

"Renault has always considered Formula One as the pinnacle of motor sport and the perfect stage to demonstrate technical excellence," said team president Bernard Rey. "We remain committed to the sport, however we cannot be involved in a championship operating with different sets of rules and if such rules are put into effect, we will be forced to pull out at the end of this season."

"Our aim is to reduce costs while maintaining the high standards that make Formula One one of the most prestigious brands on the market," continued team managing director Flavio Briatore. "We want to achieve this in a coordinated manner with the regulatory and commercial bodies, and we refuse to accept unilateral governance handed out by the FIA."

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #179
    Signor Piero Ferrari, son of company founder Enzo, went on to compare the situation with the financial aspects of the Italian football league. "In Italy we have Internazionale, who are winning, and they spend huge amounts of money for the best players. But in Serie A you also have a team like Catania, who have no money; so do you say to Catania, 'You can play with 12 players,' and to Inter (Milan), 'You must play with nine'? It wouldn't be fair, but that is what the new Formula One rules are like - they're not acceptable at all. *Everybody on the grid has to start with the same rules, otherwise there's no competition and it's somebody else *deciding who's going to win.":lol:

This is not because we want to spend money," he continued. "We want to save money. All of the constructors are keen on reducing the Formula One expenses, but you can reduce the expenditure without having a budget cap, and it's not enforceable, anyway. It's difficult enough to enforce the technical rules, as was proved recently by the business with the diffusers, so how can you enforce or control a budget cap(engines, marketing, hospitality and driver fees)?"

Ferrari explained that a more efficient way of controlling costs would be to do so on the technical aspects of the sport as opposed to commercial, in the way that teams are currently doing so on engines and will be with gearboxes next year. "I have good friends racing in NASCAR in the United States. They control the costs - the number of *mechanics, for instance - and the teams are racing with the same rules for everybody. We could do something like that," he suggested.

"We are not joking. We are talking *seriously because, really and truly, Ferrari will not be in the next championship if they stay with these rules.":shifty:

Parr's comments stem particularly from the fact that smaller teams - considering F1 as a result of the cap - are waiting in the wings, along with the current field, to receive final confirmation of the regulations with a view to submitting their 2010 championship entries at the end of this month before the revealing of next season's line-up in mid-June.

FIA not willing to compromise with FOTA (Formula One Teams' Association)
    "It was quite a friendly meeting, but in the end all that happened was that the teams have gone off to see if they can come up with something better than the cost cap. We explained we cannot put back the entry date, as this has all been published, and we cannot disadvantage the potential new teams who will come in but we are prepared to listen to whatever they have to say.
    "In the meantime, the regulations are as published. We have explained that we want everyone to race under the same regulations; we have explained that we would like all of the teams to come in under the cost cap and that is what they have gone off to consider. We have said that we cannot see why anyone wouldn't want to operate under the cost cap and it would mean a gradual relaxation of the technical regulations, which all of the engineers would want. We said, in the end, that the choice was between intellectual freedom and financial constraint or intellectual constraint and financial freedom, which is what they have had up until now."

The budget cap, as well as hoping to secure a controlled future for the Formula One World Championship, is also designed to encourage new teams to submit entries for next year, of which all applications must be received by the FIA no later than 29 May. "We have pointed out, and it is something the engineers have said, that current F1 consists of endless refinement at enormous expense and we want to move away from that and have invention and creativity," the FIA president continued to explain, "but we can only do that if we restrict the cost because, if we have unrestricted cost, nobody would be able to afford it - I think some of the teams agree with that idea and some don't, and they have gone away to discuss it.":turk:

The Litespeed team is planning to place an entry bid for next year's Formula One World Championship, after governing body the FIA announced plans for a £40m budget cap and greater financial assistance for new entrants as of 2010. The British Formula 3 squad has linked up with asset management group MGI, headed by former F1 technical director Mike Gascoyne, with a view to putting the team forward for entry before the 12 June deadline.
    "In times of crisis we hope that fortune will favour the brave," said Litespeed team boss Nino Judge:lol:

The British Lola team is prepared to submit its entry to the 2010 World Championship as a result of the FIA's cost-capped regulations.

Rome presents Grand Prix circuit
    Organisers of the Rome Grand Prix have announced that a Formula One race around the streets of the Italian capital is 'no longer a dream but a real possibility'. City Mayor Gianni Alemanno led the presentation in the historic city, as it looks to host its first Grand Prix in 2012.
    Is the city Mayor worried, however, over the possibility that Ferrari may not be present as a result of the FIA-FOTA budget-capping dispute? "We can not make a Grand Prix in Rome without the red," Alemanno admitted. "I do not think we could have the idea of a Grand Prix in Rome without Ferrari; I am absolutely convinced that, when we run in Rome and even before, Ferrari will be on the track."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)